Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is the verdict out on Werner yet? (Mega Merge)

superrep1967

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is a 1st round pick not high? And my "get em outta here" remark is to anyone who cant handle pressure of the nfl. Not just werner in particular. But yeah we spent a quality 1st round pick on a pass rusher thats not living up to the name.

Some people just can't enjoy the game. No GM is perfect, get over it.

If Verner was taken in the 7th round, folks would be raving about his performance and what a find he was.  Some might even be talking him up as a steal that should have gone in the first round!  LOL. 

IMO, too many people get caught up in where a person was drafted.  It might then color their impressions of a players true performance NOW.  Personally, I really don't care where a person was drafted.  If he's on the team now, I judge his performance based on his play today and if there are better alternatives.  In the case of Verner (and TRich to a lesser extent), I think they are playing well and helping this team win.  The argument about their performance in relation to their draft position, is more a result of liking or hating the FO IMO.

well I guess the verdict has changed.

Vern deserves it. It's not just that game sealing sack-fumble. It's not just last weeks performance. He's gotten better every week, just as Jason said he would. 

I'm the only bust in this thread (well...me and several others  :D  )

Definitly has improved in terms of acceleraton off the ball, play recognition has much improved and it shows do to him not hesitating reading a play....read and react is much faster. Has to learn how to use his hands better but I like the improvement so far

Definitly has improved in terms of acceleraton off the ball, play recognition has much improved and it shows do to him not hesitating reading a play....read and react is much faster. Has to learn how to use his hands better but I like the improvement so far

His most impressive play last week wasn't either sack. It was a run stop in which he blew by the tackle, put his hand down and changed direction on a dime, and grabbed the back by the legs to make the play. Just a tackle, not even for a loss, but that play showed me the burst, change of direction, acceleration and ability to finish that I wasn't sure he had.