Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ty getting drafted

CR91

That's great.  So glad the way things worked out too!

I remember a couple years ago, many, including a few forum posters, were upset we traded our 5th rounder and 4th rnd #97 pick just to move up to Rnd 3  #92- where we took TY.  I think experts thought we were targeting Alameda Ta’amu. .many of those experts and taking heads were already perplexed we took Allen earlier in the 3rd after drafting Fleener, and then we trade up a few slots to take TY off the board.  More than a few felt Grigson reached, and TY would still fall to us.  Then we heard grumblings after we traded that another team  was indeed going to pull him off the board before he fell to us @97. Some projected him as returner and slot receiver- where Austin Collie resided at the time.

Looking back at that and now, I am excited for how Allen and TY turned out for Grigson.

That's great.  So glad the way things worked out too!

I remember a couple years ago, many, including a few forum posters, were upset we traded our 5th rounder and 4th rnd #97 pick just to move up to Rnd 3  #92- where we took TY.  I think experts thought we were targeting Alameda Ta’amu. .many of those experts and taking heads were already perplexed we took Allen earlier in the 3rd after drafting Fleener, and then we trade up a few slots to take TY off the board.  More than a few felt Grigson reached, and TY would still fall to us.  Then we heard grumblings after we traded that another team  was indeed going to pull him off the board before he fell to us @97. Some projected him as returner and slot receiver- where Austin Collie resided at the time.

Looking back at that and now, I am excited for how Allen and TY turned out for Grigson.

It's hard to have a better 1st draft as a GM than Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton, Chapman and Ballard in your first 6 picks out of the gate.  Even Brazill was a good find in his next pick, despite the obvious, and we got more out of him as a 6th rounder than you often do.

It's hard to have a better 1st draft as a GM than Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton, Chapman and Ballard in your first 6 picks out of the gate.  Even Brazill was a good find in his next pick, despite the obvious, and we got more out of him as a 6th rounder than you often do.

Even last year's class is starting to shape up alright.  Werner has been pretty good, Hughes, Thornton, and even Holmes when he has played, have been decent contributors.  Not sure why he's not playing now, but it is what it is.  Of course it isn't as good as the 2012 class, but like you said, you cant' draft much better than that year.  2014 has also looked promising including the UDFAs. 

Even last year's class is starting to shape up alright.  Werner has been pretty good, Hughes, Thornton, and even Holmes when he has played, have been decent contributors.  Not sure why he's not playing now, but it is what it is.  Of course it isn't as good as the 2012 class, but like you said, you cant' draft much better than that year.  2014 has also looked promising including the UDFAs. 

Yep - it's amazing how much different the world looks over time than at a point in time.