Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our offensive line tonight....

kansascolt

Does anyone have an update as to how our O-line is going to look tonight or is this going to be a game time decision type thing? I know Mewhort and Thornton are out. Is A.Q. moving back to center? Is there any chance that we would see Holmes at guard or are we rolling with Reitz and Louis?

Does anyone have an update as to how our O-line is going to look tonight or is this going to be a game time decision type thing? I know Mewhort and Thornton are out. Is A.Q. moving back to center? Is there any chance that we would see Holmes at guard or are we rolling with Reitz and Louis?

Pretty sure we are rolling with Reitz and Louis and it sounds like we are starting Harrison at center again.

I'm scared of what JJ Watt might do to these guys.

I'm scared of what JJ Watt might do to these guys.

I'm not.  Both Reitz and Louis are veterans they know what to do.  Louis looked a lot better against the Ravens than he did against the Titans, he really looks to have knocked the rust off quickly.  I forgot the Tenn game was the first time he played in a real game since November 25, 2012.

My only worry is if Reitz can make it through the game without getting injured.

I'm not.  Both Reitz and Louis are veterans they know what to do.  Louis looked a lot better against the Ravens than he did against the Titans, he really looks to have knocked the rust off quickly.  I forgot the Tenn game was the first time he played in a real game since November 25, 2012.

My only worry is if Reitz can make it through the game without getting injured.

If he has a concussion...he is done in my opinion.

yeah Im expecting Watt will come away with a sack tonight at some point but if Luck can come away with 5 hits or less I think we will be good, Watt lines up all over the place along that D Line

Personally, I think if we hold Watt to 2 sacks or less it is a victory for the line. But that's it! No more.

Castonzo-Louis-Harrison-Reitz-Cherlius.

Watt is going to hit Luck around 5 times, they might not be sacks but he will be hit.

We are keeping 6 guys in to block most of the time, and our TE`s & RB`s are blocking great to protect AC and the middle.

With Thornton out that is a Plus for pass protection, so we can focus covering for Gosder more easily.

Maybe some blips early but Watt will be challenged. The guy IS a Great player that is for sure and will get something going.

And that's with some terrible mix of guards and centers, mostly Samson Satele. I think it will be okay.

To be fair Luck was running away from Watt a lot during those games.  He may not have collected a lot of sacks on Luck but he had plenty of pressures.

To be fair Luck was running away from Watt a lot during those games.  He may not have collected a lot of sacks on Luck but he had plenty of pressures.

You probably already know, I think we should put Luck on the move anyways. Mercilus and Reed can generate pass rush, but it's really Watt by himself. No Clowney still, so I think it should be simple enough to help wherever Watt lines up, and when he's in the middle, adjust accordingly. 

If he has a concussion...he is done in my opinion.

Agreed.  If he can't stay healthy through one game, maybe it's time to look for another line of work.

If he (or Louis) does get hurt, they can always put Holmes in, maybe at C, and move Harrison over.

Agreed.  If he can't stay healthy through one game, maybe it's time to look for another line of work.

If he (or Louis) does get hurt, they can always put Holmes in, maybe at C, and move Harrison over.

He got a couple reps against the Ravens. No injuries. I'm optimistic!

And that's with some terrible mix of guards and centers, mostly Samson Satele. I think it will be okay.

The starting line for that game was:

AC, Reitz, Shipley, McGlynn, Linkenbach.

Watt was unbelievable that game.  10 tackles (all solo), 3 sacks, 6 TFLs and 4 QB hits and 1 FF.  I don't care what team you support, if you're a fan of football it's impossible to not be impressed by that type of game.

The starting line for that game was:

AC, Reitz, Shipley, McGlynn, Linkenbach.

Watt was unbelievable that game.  10 tackles (all solo), 3 sacks, 6 TFLs and 4 QB hits and 1 FF.  I don't care what team you support, if you're a fan of football it's impossible to not be impressed by that type of game.

Watt is always impressive to me.

By the way, I was talking more about the three subsequent games, not the first game where he took us apart. But I just checked, and Satele only started one of those other three games. Oh well, he's not here anymore.

Watt is always impressive to me.

By the way, I was talking more about the three subsequent games, not the first game where he took us apart. But I just checked, and Satele only started one of those other three games. Oh well, he's not here anymore.

I just hope Watt doesn't say "boo" and make Harrison snap the ball 10 yards over Luck's head or something.

I be frank, I would keep extra protection for Luck all night with the TE's staying in to block off a variety looks, and Bradshaw (preferred) or Trent staying in to protect, because I think that the Texans can be beaten by our better receivers even off 3 man patterns (with good play calling). I'd also consider rolling the pocket like they did against the Ravens (away from Watt's side).

I be frank, I would keep extra protection for Luck all night with the TE's staying in to block off a variety looks, and Bradshaw (preferred) or Trent staying in to protect, because I think that the Texans can be beaten by our better receivers even off 3 man patterns (with good play calling). I'd also consider rolling the pocket like they did against the Ravens (away from Watt's side).

How do you do that and get Nicks involved, like you suggested in another thread?

Well Frank, let's not get carried away.  The Texans D is good and Watt is the best defensive player in the NFL but I really don't think the Colts need to dedicate 8 to blocking their front 4 or 5.

Additionally, I can tell you don't watch the running backs block very often if you'd prefer Bradshaw to stay in and block over Richardson.  Richardson is a much better blocker, like Shipley vs Satele better.

Maybe Holmes too for that matter....What the.......:)  Kinda like this....

A1xSZkL.gif

Well Frank, let's not get carried away.  The Texans D is good and Watt is the best defensive player in the NFL but I really don't think the Colts need to dedicate 8 to blocking their front 4 or 5.

Additionally, I can tell you don't watch the running backs block very often if you'd prefer Bradshaw to stay in and block over Richardson.  Richardson is a much better blocker, like Shipley vs Satele better.

Actually, one of his years in N.Y. Bradshaw was the top rated pass protector at the RB position in the NFL.

How do you do that and get Nicks involved, like you suggested in another thread?

Help me Superman, I don't ever remember writing Nicks name in a post, but then on the other hand I am 60 so it could be that I've started some so of mental decline that I'm not yet aware of. What color do the Colts wear again?