Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonotthan Harrison starting at center. (merge)

kjyb

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Wilson who reported that there was disagreement about the move, also said it had nothing to do with matchups. I talked with him last night, he runs the scout forums now.  This is nothing more then the Colts wanting to give the rookie a shot to show what he can do.  Personally, i would have rather seen him start the last 2 weeks instead of his first start today, but whatever.  Hope it works or it's not going to look good at all for Pagano.

I'm with you. If anyone knows the Ravens it would be Shipley because he spent some time there but the guy had done a great job in the last two games. Perplexed.

Why take the guy out if he's been playing lights out? And I don't understand why holmes has been inactive for the past three weeks? There has got to be something they aren't telling us

I doubt Harrison has been that dominant in practice

Phil Wilson who reported that there was disagreement about the move, also said it had nothing to do with matchups. I talked with him last night, he runs the scout forums now.  This is nothing more then the Colts wanting to give the rookie a shot to show what he can do.  Personally, i would have rather seen him start the last 2 weeks instead of his first start today, but whatever.  Hope it works or it's not going to look good at all for Pagano.

I agree. Why would you throw him in the fire when you could of clearly have played him against Jacksonville or Tennessee

I don't understand the "matchup" explanation. If Harrison can "matchup" better with Ngata and the Raven's D-line than Shipley could, theoretically, he'd be able to match up better than Shipley against pretty much anyone else in the league lol.

Not really, Strength pretty much yes I agree with few exceptions (Poe) but it could be that height wise staff has concerns...Shipley 6'1".....Ngata 6'4" and much longer arms....I think people are worrying about this change a bit to much today, Shipley was doing well in pass protection but I think some of his Line calls were off consistently and I don't believe he was generating much push in the run game

Not really, Strength pretty much yes I agree with few exceptions (Poe) but it could be that height wise staff has concerns...Shipley 6'1".....Ngata 6'4" and much longer arms....I think people are worrying about this change a bit to much today, Shipley was doing well in pass protection but I think some of his Line calls were off consistently and I don't believe he was generating much push in the run game

Right, but Harrison has all the physical advantages over Shipley.

If you're saying that Harrison is more phyiscally gifted, and matches up better with one of the NFL's premeir interior rushers, your basically saying that Harrison is better than Shipley, or at least matches up better with the majority of NFL D-lines. 

The guys who get paid to make those decisions. For the record, Jeff Saturday was undrafted

dont even try to compare. this isnt the same at all. harrison has no real nfl experience and hes facing one of the top interior rushing teams

I smell a possible trade coming up where we could be shipping out either Shipley or Holmes.

Perhaps a team desperate for a center could have shown interest in Shipley and they don't want to risk injury ..

I know it sounds stupid but who knows.

Hardly any trade value for either guy.

For the record I have NO problem going for it on 4th down on that play and not making it....NONE, I like the aggressive approach deep in Baltimore territory...We had that team backpedaling. It was just poor execution by our O Line

A very odd decision! Shipley played well and why do they start Harrison and not Holmes who should be good after his injury. I mean they got all in with Holmes in the preseason as starting center and did nothing in free agency besides the Costa story. Very very odd that they start an undrafted rookie free agent now!

I thought he blocked really well against a really good defense. Had a few bone head moments with his snap and snap count. i only really noticed him during the Bradshaw screen, if he would have gotten at least a half butt block on Mosley Bradshaw would have been gone.

I thought he blocked really well against a really good defense. Had a few bone head moments with his snap and snap count. i only really noticed him during the Bradshaw screen, if he would have gotten at least a half butt block on Mosley Bradshaw would have been gone.

I agree, he blocked well at first look. He has to clean up the mistakes though.