Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonotthan Harrison starting at center. (merge)

kjyb

Couple points:

Of everyone on the coaching staff and in the front office, the guy that would have the best idea of which center to play against the ravens defense would be pagano.

Also, for what it's worth, on the missed snap, Thornton didn't move either. So Harrison wasn't the only one that was confused about the snap count.

Nicely put

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Sergio clearly deserves to start (if his success today continues)

*Takes Podium*

I TKnight24 of the :colts: fan forum hereby state my campaign to get Purifoy to be our return man as Sergio Brown from the university of Notre Dame has shown (so far) that he is a playmaker not only on ST, but on defense as well

I also would like to congratulate RB Trent Richardson on a solid game and making me eat the wing of the crow. Shall this success continue, the rest of that bird shall be gone by the end of the year

*Steps Down from Podium*

I think you're missing someone. How about the OC of the #1 offense in terms of yards, the #1 scoring offense and the #1 offense in terms of time of possession?

Lets look at he upside of this.  Harrison played pretty good, even if the coaching staff moves Shipley to guard it is a bonus; Shipley is will be good at guard that is his natural position.  Moreover he can be moved to center if need be.  Double edged and I like it.

Lets look at he upside of this. Harrison played pretty good, even if the coaching staff moves Shipley to guard it is a bonus; Shipley is will be good at guard that is his natural position. Moreover he can be moved to center if need be. Double edged and I like it.

Hope we don't change a thing we looked good once Harrison gets more snaps with luck we will be in buisness!!!!! :rock:

Hope we don't change a thing we looked good once Harrison gets more snaps with luck we will be in buisness!!!!! :rock:

I agree with you.    I am loving the line we have they are really protecting.  All of the expects week in week out say " the Colts line is weak they cant block".  I love it when they are proven wrong.  

I agree with you. I am loving the line we have they are really protecting. All of the expects week in week out say " the Colts line is weak they cant block". I love it when they are proven wrong.

Yeah I liked Harrison in the preseason I think if he could have started day 1 he would be doing pretty good IMO also love seeing TRich do good shut everyone up about him funny no one hated Bradshaw for fumbling and almost letting them tie the game

Yeah I liked Harrison in the preseason I think if he could have started day 1 he would be doing pretty good IMO also love seeing TRich do good shut everyone up about him funny no one hated Bradshaw for fumbling and almost letting them tie the game

It's funny isn't it?  Your the first person that said anything about Bradshaw fumbling.  Didn't he fumble 2x.  Lost one and Trent cleaned one up, if im not mistaken.  Im not hating on Ahmad or saying Trent is better, but I think it's ironic so many "colts fans" hate on Trent and claim Bradshaw is way better, but hear crickets if Ahmad screws up!

It's funny isn't it? Your the first person that said anything about Bradshaw fumbling. Didn't he fumble 2x. Lost one and Trent cleaned one up, if im not mistaken. Im not hating on Ahmad or saying Trent is better, but I think it's ironic so many "colts fans" hate on Trent and claim Bradshaw is way better, but hear crickets if Ahmad screws up!

Yes that's exactly how I feel I don't dislike Bradshaw at all but some just can't get past the Trent hate its ridiculous lol

Im not gonna be to critical on Harrison for his mistakes because it was his first game.  He did play well, blocking wise.  However, he did have a real high snap over Luck's head and screwed up the snap count.  If he can correct these issues we have ourselves a serious C competition.  I think it should be either Harrison or Holmes, but Shipley is a great insurance policy and versatile player.  IDK why Holmes haven't been given an opportunity but I am a firm believer in making someone earn their job.  I like the direction they're headed tho.

Im not gonna be to critical on Harrison for his mistakes because it was his first game. He did play well, blocking wise. However, he did have a real high snap over Luck's head and screwed up the snap count. If he can correct these issues we have ourselves a serious C competition. I think it should be either Harrison or Holmes, but Shipley is a great insurance policy and versatile player. IDK why Holmes haven't been given an opportunity but I am a firm believer in making someone earn their job. I like the direction they're headed tho.

Yeah I agree I think the mistakes were more of an experience thing more snaps and practice I think he can be pretty good!!

It's funny isn't it?  Your the first person that said anything about Bradshaw fumbling.  Didn't he fumble 2x.  Lost one and Trent cleaned one up, if im not mistaken.  Im not hating on Ahmad or saying Trent is better, but I think it's ironic so many "colts fans" hate on Trent and claim Bradshaw is way better, but hear crickets if Ahmad screws up!

That was Hilton that fumbled the ball that TR recovered. Brdashaw had 1 fumble.

Lets look at he upside of this.  Harrison played pretty good, even if the coaching staff moves Shipley to guard it is a bonus; Shipley is will be good at guard that is his natural position.  Moreover he can be moved to center if need be.  Double edged and I like it.

I've seen this a couple times. What makes anyone think Shipley is a more natural guard? Center is the least physically demanding position on the offensive line. Shipley, is the smallest, weakest, least athletic player on the offensive line. He played guard for the Ravens last year, and was pretty bad. 

IMO, his only shot is at center.

I still don't understand the move.  I didn't think Shipley was as good as many on this forum nor the PFF ratings for him but I thought he was playing well.  Harrison, I thought was below average most of the game.  The high snap that is a coachable thing, the wrong snap count, that's an intelligence/concentration thing.  Beyond that he was not challenged head up very often and when he was he usually lost the battle.

I did think he handled double teams well and he did a good job keeping his head on a swivel.  There are some things to work with, he is very strong but as of right now it looks like a mistake moving him to the starting lineup.