Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonotthan Harrison starting at center. (merge)

kjyb

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There could be 2 reasons for this change:

1. Shipley is in the Coaches Doghouse.

Or

2. Grigson and Pagano want to create the idea that if you perform well in practice, then you deserve to start. In this case, Harrison was playing well in practice and he was probably deemed to have worked hard enough to start.

What could the guy have done to get into their dog house play too good? 

We already have two centers. No point in keeping three. Holmes cannot even play guard (according to the coaches).

I haven't heard that Holmes can absolutely not play guard. Even still, its week 5 no reason to cut him unless there is someone more versatile to replace him

This move could turn around and bite us in the crotch... I hope Harrison shows up

If Shipley is at G....... Boy it's gonna be a long day

And RollTide, after Bama's loss yesterday..... I wouldn't blame you if you exploded in anger over this game smh

I really hope Shipley has improved at G but doesn't look that way since the Ravens just cut him

If Shipley is at G....... Boy it's gonna be a long day

And RollTide, after Bama's loss yesterday..... I wouldn't blame you if you exploded in anger over this game smh

I really hope Shipley has improved at G but doesn't look that way since the Ravens just cut him

He is not at G Lance Louis is starting at LG

Might be a matchup issue but I have my doubts, I think Shipley measures up to Ngata physically well enough(Unless the Colts are wanting to go with the taller Harrison) and there are ways to scheme for him anyway. I think this has to do with trying to generate a run game or Shipleys Line calls

I don't understand the "matchup" explanation. If Harrison can "matchup" better with Ngata and the Raven's D-line than Shipley could, theoretically, he'd be able to match up better than Shipley against pretty much anyone else in the league lol.