Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts looking at a lot of safeties.

MTC

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted Clemons in the offseason and I think he'd still be a good fit on the Colts. I'd be worth getting him on board.

I'm happy they're at least realizing that this is an issue but they should have realized this earlier, especially after Howell went down.

How is it you can`t understand the Jags don`t count. A bad line, young receivers, and a mediocre at best QB.

Landry is extremely mediocre and so is Adams.

Every game counts. But my point is Landry has the physical tools to be a good player but he needs to be consistent with them. He shows flashes in other games but for the most part looks out of place, takes horrible angles, and always tries to look for the big hit. He is overall a below average player, I know that. Consistency is the reason why he is not good.

There's a difference between being negative and stating facts

Landry sucks in coverage and shouldn't be used as a "interchangeable" safety as he is not built for that. That is stating a fact, not being negative

No TK, that is an opinion.  Stating your opinion as a fact makes you sound like an ignorant know-it-all.  You sir, are a negative Nancy. 

Safest option for win now would yeah be Clemons

If building for the future, we can take a flyer on Rambo

Why not both Rambo should be eligible for the PS stash him see what you have and bring Clemons to the 53 mans slide another guy down to the PS. Lose the QB off the PS and a guy like Lenz we are loaded at WR. Or just let Grig's figure out how to stash players I am pretty sure he gets paid for that.

I would not let Adams go I think he does a better job than he gets credit for and when healthy Anderson is our special teams ace although Purifoy could become that. Colt isn't going anywhere he played for the Eagles. Figure it out Grig's

Biggest question is why is Clemons available the answer to that might eliminate him from the equation altogether.

Howell was projected to be a starter. I don't know how great of an idea that was either.

Lol true. I personally think Adams has been doing a good job. He's usually in the right spot to help out or make a play. Comes up and helps on the run also. We don't need all stars in every position to have a good defense. They just need to play well together as a team and have each other's back.

When signing a FA, I like to either go with a veteran that has a lot of experience, or a player that has lots of potential with little playing experience that can be groomed. So I can cut it down to either Clemons or Rambo here. The reason I'd go with Clemons is that I think we need someone that has experience and leadership, and can also play at a decent level right away. We can draft a safety in the first two rounds next year and use Clemons now. If we were in this situation with these options at the beginning of training camp, I'd prefer Rambo as we could teach him a lot and he could get in sync with this team. As a player with little experience and being cut from the redskins (a team with a terrible secondary), Clemons is the better option now and the draft is our best option for the future.

You asked if my stubbornness was just to find something negative

There's a difference between being negative and stating facts

Landry sucks in coverage and shouldn't be used as a "interchangeable" safety as he is not built for that. That is stating a fact, not being negative

"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

You didn't do too well at English in school did you....