Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is a 7-9 team.

peytonmanning18

Pep is Jekyll and Hyde. He will beat a dead horse, but then come up with some awesome calls. I think sometimes he still is coaching a Stanford team. We have to mix up our personnell and keep the defense honest. Jumbo packages and the like don't work in this league if you don't have the guys to execute. We play not to lose when we have a lead. We knew going in that the Eagles could erase a deficit. Our play calling became vanilla as the game wore on. Against playoffs teams like, Denver and Philly, you have to score and keep your foot on the gas until the end of the game. You can't afford to be predictable, or complacent with a lead.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it possible to make a good QB average by giving him too many good weapons on offense. I mean Hilton,nicks,Wayne,Allen,fleenor.... Too much of anything is a bad thing IMO

No, but it is possible to make a GREAT QB average by not providing him an offensive line to protect him.

I'm also sick of seeing an empty backfield with Luck in the shotgun on 3rd and 2.

Exactly. Pep is just plain stupid. He runs when he should pass and pass when he should run. He thinks he is being tricky but he doesn't mask anything he does. Clear to people watching, clear to the commentators and clear to the defenses. 3rd and 2 he passes, 1st and 10, 2nd and 6, he runs. When there's just over two minutes left!! It's like jim caldwell all over again in The SB just before the half. Pep is at his best when he lets Andrew do the job for him.

But Pagano, ffs why do you not go ahead on 4th and 5, seriously? You punt it away with two minutes left and two timeouts. KNOWING they are going to get into field goal range. How bout you go for it, if you get it great and if you don't oh well. They were going to score anyways, at least this way it will leave you with some dang time on the clock to go down the field. The Eagles were horrible in the red zone and could have kept them to a field goal. This should leave you with a minute or so to get down field and win it or tie and go into OT.

I'm almost willing to be ok with a less than expected season just so we can get hamilton out of indy.

Quite honestly, this has been a 6-10 or 7-9 team the past two seasons.  Only Luck's 4th quarter magic made it an 11-5 team.  No 4th quarter magic last week, and last night, instead of magic in 4th quarter, it was a cursed 4th quarter.

I do not have a good feeling about this season.  If they can somehow battle to 9-7 and a playoff spot, it will be an accomplishment.  Pep needs to go ASAP.  I assume, unless they go 2-14, Grigson and Chuck will get one more shot in 2015, but I'm absolutely certain Irsay will not allow Luck's career to be squandered.  Just build a reasonably balanced team around the guy with a half way competent coaching staff and they will win. 

Quite honestly, this has been a 6-10 or 7-9 team the past two seasons. Only Luck's 4th quarter magic made it an 11-5 team. No 4th quarter magic last week, and last night, instead of magic in 4th quarter, it was a cursed 4th quarter.

I do not have a good feeling about this season. If they can somehow battle to 9-7 and a playoff spot, it will be an accomplishment. Pep needs to go ASAP. I assume, unless they go 2-14, Grigson and Chuck will get one more shot in 2015, but I'm absolutely certain Irsay will not allow Luck's career to be squandered. Just build a reasonably balanced team around the guy with a half way competent coaching staff and they will win.

I think grigson and Pagano are safe. But hamilton needs to go. Let chudzinski take over.

Care to explain the football reasoning behind this? :loco:

I don't have a football reason for it lol. It just seems like luck was better with less recievers . I know it sounds crazy. But maybe he is overwhelmed with all these weapons. Just like at a job were your boss gives you to big a work load. Your efficiency and performance will drop.. IDK just a thought haha!. But I also think pep has a lot to do with lucks/offense struggles.

I wouldn't call Irsay a dope dealer.

If his name wasn't Irsay and someone was picked up for driving while impaired with a sack full of drugs and $30,000 in cash what would you think? I would certainly think dope dealer. I am Irsay is not that but he got a slap on the wrist while they throw the book at players for much less serious crimes. It is just my opinion but I have had enough of Irsay and it is only a matter of time before he goes off again. I hope he proves me wrong about that.

I don't have a football reason for it lol. It just seems like luck was better with less recievers . I know it sounds crazy. But maybe he is overwhelmed with all these weapons. Just like at a job were your boss gives you to big a work load. Your efficiency and performance will drop.. IDK just a thought haha!. But I also think pep has a lot to do with lucks/offense struggles.

In your metaphor rather than your boss giving you more of a work load he's given your more resources to get that work done so yeah it still doesn't really work. However if your boss (Pep?) asks you to do you work in a stupid inefficient and nonsensical manner then yeah your performance would suffer :P

Doesn't that get old? The refs? Really?

It does get old. But honestly, they had 2 game changing calls/no-calls against the Colts. (Horse-Collar Tackle and TY's Interception). Woulda Shoulda Coulda onto the next one.

If we aren't out for blood this Sunday and murder some Jags, I don't know what to think about us. :goodluck:

I swear he is just trying to "show how good of a coach he is" by calling the same play over and over and over again.  The counter play worked great in the first half, but then they made an adjustment and took it away, but Hamilton kept going back to it.  Even Gruden had it's time to move on.  Plus the damn screen passes at the beginning.  Hamilton is just absolutely awful.

Yeah he ran that counter play WAY too many times. They got lucky by getting a TD from the same play twice.  He has a very limited play book and we probably should have went to the pass more later in the game as they hadn't seen most of those plays.  Also running twice in that last offensive drive when it was obvious the defense was gassed and they needed points on the board was completely *ic.

A TD doesn't ice it anymore than a FG does.

Um, yes a TD definitely ices the game more than a FG does.  4 extra points means you're forcing Philly to score 2 TD's just to tie rather than a TD and FG.  How is that not obvious?

If we run it, we go up 10 and win anyways.  

or maybe we run it and the RB fumbles. Maybe there's a bad snap, or bad exchange between QB and RB.  Or heaven forbid, maybe AV misses the field goal.  He has missed short FG's before so don't act like that's not a possibility.  Point being there are no guarantees and against a high powered offense like Philly, I'd like to get as many points as possible.  I had no problem at all with that play-call.  It simply did not work that time because instead of trying to find a receiver to complete a pass to, Luck threw to Hilton to try to get the refs to see the penalty...which didn't work.  I get what Luck was trying to do but not a fan of that strategy.  

Guaranteed kick. Refs aren't gonna call everything and aren't gonna get everything right

Blaming or depending on the refs is foolish. If you handle your business on the field, the refs can't control the game

Luck stared Hilton down from the time Shipley snapped that ball. He always manages to throw a pick when you least need it

and how is that Pep's fault?  BTW, no there is NOT such a thing as a guaranteed kick.  Even if it doesn't get blocked, bad snap or something else like that, it's not like AV has never missed a short FG before.  Sure, the odds are definitely incredibly high that it's a made FG but far from a guarantee.  Keep spewing your anger on the rest of us though.

Pep blew the game, Refs chipped in

Richardson blew the game, refs chipped in

And just like I said would happen when the trade was made...... Parkey kicked the GW FG

Said it the moment the trade was made that we helped the eagles and sure enough the guy we gave them beat us

:facepalm:  <--- I hope this was directed at yourself ;)

I was waiting for that to come up.  

Have you seen us play?  We got totally manhandled in Denver and played a pathetic 2nd half against Philly.  This isn't Peyton Manning's Colts.  Games against Tennesee and Houston aren't gimmes.  We're going to be in a battle every single week.  You can't expect to have 8 4th quarter comebacks every year.  We're going to start losing some of those games.  We'll still win some but to me, this looks like a 7-9 team.

No way..and you know it

we'll go 5-1 in the division

..and we'll win over the Browns, the Cowboys and the NYGs....Baltimore and Washington...

Calm down

9-7 is very believable but as low as 6-10.  Interesting to see how the rest of this season plays out and how the coaching staff makes adjustments down the road.

Jax - W

Ten - W

Bal - L

Hou - L

Cin - L

Pit - W

NY - W

NE - L

Jax - W

Was - W/L

Cle - W

Hou - W/L

Dal - L

Ten - W/L

We're not going to lose to Baltimore and Dallas

I hope we finish 7-9. Force the dope dealer to clean house. And get some good players early in the draft

Feel free to Jump on Browns (early draft choices since 1964) or Jags bandwagon, we won't miss you here....  you were obviously never a Colt fan.  another 11-5 season here!

The Colts are around a .500 team IMO. They're reloading, Lucks very good but not great and they've overachieved the last two seasons. Remember when everyone felt they would take a step back? Well this is it.

We're not going to lose to Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland and Dallas....

...when the schedule came out...we ALL knew 0-2 was a possibility

Narco...you really think the Dallas defense as shorthanded as they are..can hold us under 30

They held the 49ers to under thirty, which is just as good offensively if not better because of the coaching.  They also held the titans to only 10 and to 0 for a whole half.  They may not hold us to under 30, but we arent holding them to under 30 either.  Murray will run all over us, plus bryant and witten. By the time we face them, some of their defensive players will be coming back i believe.

Edit: Yup, they get their CB Scandrick and FS Hamilton back after game 4. Idk how soon anyone may come back from injury.  I know Lee is out for the season though.

Very true on the 0-2. I see 1-3 at best in the games mentioned. Cleveland isn't a pushover and Dallas is on par with Indy.

Pep Hamilton is horrendous.  Luck is overrated.  The offensive line is garbage.  Chuck Pagano is in over his head.  

Pep IS a little over his head calling plays in this NFL game.

Luck is a great young QB who still has a few thing to learn...that will come with experience.

The O-line is coming together and is the best we've had in a few years.

Coach Chuck is a great guy but never will be more than average as a head coach.

Feel free to Jump on Browns (early draft choices since 1964) or Jags bandwagon, we won't miss you here....  you were obviously never a Colt fan.  another 11-5 season here!

Remember this after the Jacksonville game. Some of you are thinking Jags are a pushover. Solid defense and improved wideouts in Lee, Hurns, and Cecil. 

Uh, Richardson fumbled twice, Hamilton and Pagano insist on being a "power run" team even with 3 minutes left and Andrew Luck as your QB.  The calls killed is but the Colts killed themselves and didn't deserve to win with that pathetic 2nd half.  We'll be 7-9 and watching Houston win the division.

Maybe the Irsays will come to their senses and "power run" Pep Hamilton out of town?

Pep blew the game, Refs chipped in

Richardson blew the game, refs chipped in

And just like I said would happen when the trade was made...... Parkey kicked the GW FG

Said it the moment the trade was made that we helped the eagles and sure enough the guy we gave them beat us

:facepalm:

LOL

So we should have waived him and let them claim him, right? Or what, kept two kickers?

Very true on the 0-2. I see 1-3 at best in the games mentioned. Cleveland isn't a pushover and Dallas is on par with Indy.

so, taplook, are you saying browns are better than the colts and we will probably lose to them, and out of cowboys, titans and jags we are getting 1 (ONE!) win "AT BEST"?!