Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is a 7-9 team.

peytonmanning18

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough loss tonight. This team is going to struggle to beat good teams. Too many fundamental flaws. Refs impacted the game but the Colts never should have allowed this game to get to that point. A shame because there were some good things shown tonight like improvement in the running game. But we seem uncomfortable when playing with a lead. This is starting to look like a 9 or 10 win team that will be promptly dismissed in its first game if they make the playoffs. It will be difficult for the Colts this season without a respectable pass rush.

He had a few bad throws. They had a lot of pressure. I guess we were watching two different games

We definitely were, I counted 7 times WR's were open and Luck failed to get them the ball. He struggled vs the LB blitz, the same thing happened vs the Patriots in the playoffs. Many of the players and coaches have been criticized after bad games, Luck has to be held accountable as well. He was absolutely awful this game, i'm very disappointed in the way Luck played tonight .

Here's a stat and a reality.  I know the delusional little fanboys here will probably ignore it but anyone that is looking at all realistically at this team will appreciate it... 

Only 23 teams out of 198 have advanced to the postseason (11.6 percent) when starting 0-2 since 1990, according to Fox Sports.

I know the people that refuse to see this team objectively will just ignore the facts but hopefully this provides some clarity to the ones that are assessing this team's playoff hopes objectively.

Very rarely does a team play 2 of the best 7-8 teams in the league their first two weeks. One of the losses is attributed to the refs. Of those 88.4% of teams that don't make the playoffs, I bet you at least 75% of them are searching for a QB, pick in the top 5 of the draft every year, etc. Also of those 88.4%, I bet that at least 95% of them didn't have losses to two playoff teams. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 16, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, September 16, 2014 - personal shot

Very rarely does a team play 2 of the best 7-8 teams in the league their first two weeks. One of the losses is attributed to the refs. Of those 88.4% of teams that don't make the playoffs, I bet you at least 75% of them are searching for a QB, pick in the top 5 of the draft every year, etc. Also of those 88.4%, I bet that at least 95% of them didn't have losses to two playoff teams. 

You little delusional fanboys, you're so good at coming up with excuses.  I really wonder if you actually believe what you are spewing. 

Actually we are an 0-2 team. Which means saying we are a 7-9 team isn't that big of an over reaction.

I do think we will have a better record than that, but people seem to think "hey we are the Colts we will have a winning season no matter what"

It doesn't work that way.  There is a lot below average about our  team right now. The O coordinator, the O line, our pass rush and our safeties are all below to well below average.  Our running game is average at best ( even after tonight) and I don't concider our D coordinator and head coach much above average. 

Well we do have Luck but he has been, well. pretty average. I am100% in on Andrew but he has thrown 10 interceptions in his last 4 games and hasn't come close to this top 5 QB billing that people have been talking about.

I think the Colts will turn it around and if I had to make a prediction, I would say 10 -6. But, 7-9 while certainly pessimistic, is definitely not out of the question.

When you're in field goal range with a chance to go up 10 points you run it, when it's a tie game with 3 minutes left you let your stud QB take the game over.  

That is a no brainer right? Pep has to go. He just doesn't get it. He didn't even go play action the ONE time he tried to stretch the field with TY. The guy is a joke.

We definitely were, I counted 7 times WR's were open and Luck failed to get them the ball. He struggled vs the LB blitz, the same thing happened vs the Patriots in the playoffs. Many of the players and coaches have been criticized after bad games, Luck has to be held accountable as well. He was absolutely awful this game, i'm very disappointed in the way Luck played tonight .

He wasn't awful. He wasn't fantastic, but he played well. That's all I'll say.  

Why we lost:

1. Playcalling

2. Refs

3. Sproles

This thread is not an overreaction, it is a reality after what we've seen the first 2 weeks.

No, it's an ovverreatction to what some saw in the first two weeks.

If you think Luck played well then you didn't watch the game.

He didn't play bad. He wasn't great, and he didn't need to be. Trents fumble, bad officiating, and some bad coaching cost the team the game.

Here's a stat and a reality.  I know the delusional little fanboys here will probably ignore it but anyone that is looking at all realistically at this team will appreciate it... 

Only 23 teams out of 198 have advanced to the postseason (11.6 percent) when starting 0-2 since 1990, according to Fox Sports.

I know the people that refuse to see this team objectively will just ignore the facts but hopefully this provides some clarity to the ones that are assessing this team's playoff hopes objectively.

You don't see the team objectively and that's your biggest problem (not only, but the biggest). All you do is call others names to cover up your own personal ineptitude. You come across as the same type of person who would've screamed "Witch!" in Salem back in 1692. You think you are the "fair and balanced" poster but you are really the opposite extreme of what you refer to as "delussional little fanboys."

My big concerns are 1. Our pass rush 2. Pep and his play calling. We've got to find a way to generate a pass rush or its gonna kill us this year. You cant let a QB sut back for 5-8 seconds just about every time and throw the ball. And expect your corners to keep every recievers, TE and back outta the backfield locked up in coverage every time. Someone is gonna get open. Thats putting too much on defensive backfield. This problem to me is what could really be a big downfall for us. Especially when we go up against elite QBs.

And I believe Pep and our staff are trying to run an offense here that were not suited and equipped to run. Yeah the run game broke out tonight.. thats nice. But it is 1 game. The question remains can we run the ball effectively like tonight on a consistent bases. 1 game like tonight dies not prove an answer to that question. Its a nice sign for sure. I really think as of right now we're better suited to be a pass first team and set the run up off that. Not saying go all pass but start out with it. Let Luck do his thing. Pass rush though... we need to find it in a hurry!!!

Eagles fan here. 

What a game, but what I'm seeing here is a lot of you Colts fans claiming your team is an 7-9, 8-8 type of team and that couldn't be further from the truth. 

First off. . .

1.) Horrible coaching from your OC on your last drive. You have Andrew Luck and I strongly believe had he been properly utilized on that last drive, we would've lost. 

2.) You started your season against two clear playoff teams and you're 0-2. But losing these two games against quality teams will better prepare you for the rest of the season. Would feel much better for you guys to be 1-1, but some of you need to stop jumping off your bandwagon. Colts are a playoff caliber team in a weak division. Texans are looking good? Yeah they looked great the first two weeks last season too. Titans? Jags? Check the standings come the 10th game. I'd put the Colts at no worse than 6-4. 

3.) For you 7-9ers, I'm sorry I just don't think this Colts team goes 7-7 the rest of the way and this is coming from an outsiders perspective. I see you guys easily going 10-4 for the rest of the season, probably with a decent 4 or 5 game win streak. 

I said it before the game and I'll say it now. Colts are a good team with the next great one at QB. Stop panicking. 

And you guys still blame the refs like it's their fault Pep threw the ball instead of taking the guaranteed field goal to go up 30-20

It was a huge blown call on the refs. The kick could've been blocked. You can't speak in absolutes when you have no idea.

No adjustments to the pressure the eagles brought up the middle. I felt like I was watching Arians again with all the long developing routes consistently dialed up on 3rd down. The inside blitzes could have easily been neutralized with a well timed slant or two. Also, I'm tired of this staff trying to force Trent on us. Bradshaw is clearly the better football player, and why they gave Trent more carries after that 2nd fumble is beyond me.

And Pep Hamilton essentially turned into that "cheeser" madden player, who runs the same play over and over again. You could tell he was so proud that he actually implemented a successful run scheme for the first time in his brief stint here. He gave future opponents so much tape on that stupid unbalanced formation. The Eagles finally had it figured out by the end of the game   

You may have been impressed if our master mind OC didn't go into a shell with 3 mins to go and the ball Pep is a joke. Was he playing for over time?

Or played it safe got the 3 at the other end dumb a$$ however you look at it.

Eagles fan here. 

What a game, but what I'm seeing here is a lot of you Colts fans claiming your team is an 7-9, 8-8 type of team and that couldn't be further from the truth. 

First off. . .

1.) Horrible coaching from your OC on your last drive. You have Andrew Luck and I strongly believe had he been properly utilized on that last drive, we would've lost. 

2.) You started your season against two clear playoff teams and you're 0-2. But losing these two games against quality teams will better prepare you for the rest of the season. Would feel much better for you guys to be 1-1, but some of you need to stop jumping off your bandwagon. Colts are a playoff caliber team in a weak division. Texans are looking good? Yeah they looked great the first two weeks last season too. Titans? Jags? Check the standings come the 10th game. I'd put the Colts at no worse than 6-4. 

3.) For you 7-9ers, I'm sorry I just don't think this Colts team goes 7-7 the rest of the way and this is coming from an outsiders perspective. I see you guys easily going 10-4 for the rest of the season, probably with a decent 4 or 5 game win streak. 

I said it before the game and I'll say it now. Colts are a good team with the next great one at QB. Stop panicking. 

Thank you for being a decent level headed poster. This isn't a new reaction from some this season, this is expected after every loss unfortunately. I'm not worried about the Colts, they will win games and be very good. Eagles should run away with the NFC East. Hopefully if these teams meet again it will go the Colts way haha. Good luck to your Eagles.

It was a huge blown call on the refs. The kick could've been blocked. You can't speak in absolutes when you have no idea.

Guaranteed kick. Refs aren't gonna call everything and aren't gonna get everything right

Blaming or depending on the refs is foolish. If you handle your business on the field, the refs can't control the game

Luck stared Hilton down from the time Shipley snapped that ball. He always manages to throw a pick when you least need it

Eagles fan here. 

First off. . .

Thanks for the post. Congrats on your team's win.

Eagles fan here. 

First off. . .

No one is panicking we would just like an OC that understands offense.

Guaranteed kick. Refs aren't gonna call everything and aren't gonna get everything right

Blaming or depending on the refs is foolish. If you handle your business on the field, the refs can't control the game

Luck stared Hilton down from the time Shipley snapped that ball. He always manages to throw a pick when you least need it

There are no "guarantees" in Football. Ask Mike Vanderjagt. AV could've shanked it, unless you've lived in the alternate division where he made the kick and the Colts won you can't speak it as truth. It was a horrible missed call, you not acknowledging that and pointing out something else to add credence to your own claim is no less foolish.

Get over yourself TK, Luck is very good, and he's come up big a lot of times. You commenting on his throwing an int when you least need it (which is applicable any time an int is thrown) and staring down Hilton is just silly. Refs were bad, there was some questionable play calling, and the defensive didn't get a stop at the end when the needed it.

You won't score on every drive. You shouldn't have to play a perfect game if you want to win.  

The refs had a HUGE hand in this loss.  

It's okay to blame the refs for this one.

Eagles fan here. 

First off. . .

Thanks.....I thought it was a great game that we ended up on the losing end of. Congrats on the win, but hatred and disappointment are more aggressive than support and acceptance, so the former wins out over time. This board continues to get more negative every year, just as every board I have witnessed in 20 years. Also, Had we won the game, it may have been similar on your board.

There are no "guarantees" in Football. Ask Mike Vanderjagt. AV could've shanked it, unless you've lived in the alternate division where he made the kick and the Colts won you can't speak it as truth. It was a horrible missed call, you not acknowledging that and pointing out something else to add credence to your own claim is no less foolish.

Get over yourself TK, Luck is very good, and he's come up big a lot of times. You commenting on his throwing an int when you least need it (which is applicable any time an int is thrown) and staring down Hilton is just silly. Refs were bad, there was some questionable play calling, and the defensive didn't get a stop at the end when the needed it.

Bad no call or not, thrown should've never been made when you have a 6'3 WR with the hands of a giant in one on one coverage on the left side with no safety over top. Luck never looked Nicks way. Why did we even sign him? Nicks let Luck know about it, you're in denial

Luck will always and forever LOCK on to Reggie & Hilton. Will stare them down every time. 3rd year and he still hasn't learned how to stop staring down WR's

No one is panicking we would just like an OC that understands offense.

Trust me, we had Andy Reid for 14 seasons. Most overrated offensive mind in the game and I love the guy. Now I'm going to unleash a little bit of homerism for a couple sentences. . but the nation doesn't quite realize how good this Eagles team is yet. People know we're good but we aren't yet recognized as one of the elite teams. My point is you opened your season against two of the best teams in the league. And if you swapped the results of this game, my opinion would not change. Come week 17, we will all be talking about the same thing. Playoffs. 

You won't score on every drive. You shouldn't have to play a perfect game if you want to win.

The refs had a HUGE hand in this loss.

It's okay to blame the refs for this one.

Pep blew the game, Refs chipped in

Richardson blew the game, refs chipped in

And just like I said would happen when the trade was made...... Parkey kicked the GW FG

Said it the moment the trade was made that we helped the eagles and sure enough the guy we gave them beat us

:facepalm:

"Pep's too conservative"

Pep proceeds to go for the kill on 3rd down=int

"Pep should've just ran it and kicked the FG"

Lol he can't win no matter what

But yea, Pep has no killer instinct with his play calls

Go for the kill? We would have been up two possessions with a field goal and they would have only had 3:00 minutes to score twice. It would have pretty much sealed the deal. We should NOT have passed there.

Thanks.....I thought it was a great game that we ended up on the losing end of. Congrats on the win, but hatred and disappointment are more aggressive than support and acceptance, so the former wins out over time. This board continues to get more negative every year, just as every board I have witnessed in 20 years. Also, Had we won the game, it may have been similar on your board.

The Eagles board is a venomous zoo and I love it. The Jaguars thread was the greatest/worst/funniest/most embarrassing thread you could ever of imagined. 

Bad no call or not, thrown should've never been made when you have a 6'3 WR with the hands of a giant in one on one coverage on the left side with no safety over top. Luck never looked Nicks way. Why did we even sign him? Nicks let Luck know about it, you're in denial

Luck will always and forever LOCK on to Reggie & Hilton. Will stare them down every time. 3rd year and he still hasn't learned how to stop staring down WR's

You speak in absolutes and you can't do that. You don't know that for a fact and you can't present it as such. He could've thrown it to Nicks and he could've fumbled and gave the Eagles the ball. The Eagles could've blocked the "guaranteed" 3 points and returned it for 7. You or I just don't know.

I'm not in denial about a thing. The Colts lost. Bad officiating, bad defense, and questionable play calling all formed the Holy Trinity of 0-2. It happens. The Sun will come up again, dogs will hate cats, and death and taxes. Life, drink your apple juice and move on dude.

Go for the kill? We would have been up two possessions with a field goal and they would have only had 3:00 minutes to score twice. It would have pretty much sealed the deal. We should NOT have passed there.

14 point lead and 10 point lead is a night and day difference. It was over 5min left when luck threw the pick. Then if the pass in completed for the first you can run the clock down even more and then take the 10 point lead and make it almost impossible for them to score twice in the remaining time(don't know how many timeouts they had left).

We weren't going to convert 3rd and 9 by running. So yea he was going for the kill

Out coached how? 27-20 and we throw the ball on 3rd instead of taking the OBVIOUS FG to go up 30-20. Then Mr. HHamilton RUNS the ball twice when the game is tied

He has to go, fire him

We run the ball in throwing situations and throw the ball in running situations. 

We run the ball in throwing situations and throw the ball in running situations. 

If it makes you feel any better, the Eagles rush defense has been one of the best in the NFL the last two years. We haven't let up a 100 yard rusher since 2012. You and the Saints (playoff game) were the two teams that were able to consistently move the ball against us. 

14 point lead and 10 point lead is a night and day difference. It was over 5min left when luck threw the pick. Then if the pass in completed for the first you can run the clock down even more(don't know how many timeouts they had left).

We weren't going to convert 3rd and 9 by running. So yea he was going for the kill

It would have been about 4:30 give or take if they had run the ball and kicked the field goal. 2 possession game with 4:30 left is extremely hard to overcome. I'm not denying that Pep was trying to seal the deal but it was just not a very smart move. His playcalling is indefensible at this point.

It would have been about 4:30 give or take if they had run the ball and kicked the field goal. 2 possession game with 4:30 left is extremely hard to overcome. I'm not denying that Pep was trying to seal the deal but it was just not a very smart move. His playcalling is indefensible at this point.

They scored 10 points in around that same timespan, would've been in OT. Get the first down there and the eagles would of had no chance to score 10 points the rest of the game

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 16, 2014 - inflammatory posting
Hidden by Nadine, September 16, 2014 - inflammatory posting

No, it's an ovverreatction to what some saw in the first two weeks.

He didn't play bad. He wasn't great, and he didn't need to be. Trents fumble, bad officiating, and some bad coaching cost the team the game.

You don't see the team objectively and that's your biggest problem (not only, but the biggest). All you do is call others names to cover up your own personal ineptitude. You come across as the same type of person who would've screamed "Witch!" in Salem back in 1692. You think you are the "fair and balanced" poster but you are really the opposite extreme of what you refer to as "delussional little fanboys."

Don't quote what I say and then misspell my words.  You already come off looking uneducated and I can only assume you don't care how much of a simple minded uneducated little boy you come off but some of us actually do try to hold ourselves to standards of intelligence.  One of which includes presenting our arguments with proper spelling and punctuation.  So if you chose to quote my words verbatim do try to at least spell correctly.