Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is a 7-9 team.

peytonmanning18

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They scored 10 points in around that same timespan, would've been in OT. Get the first down there and the eagles would of had no chance to score 10 points the rest of the game

Hindsight is 20/20. We didn't know at the time that they would have scored 10 that quickly. NFL history tells us that being up two possessions with 4 minutes and change left gives us an excellent chance to win the game. No need to risk that with a pass IMO.

Some of you are something else.  So we applaud the running attack, but when the running attack doesn't work on the last possession, then we are out coached.

Its simple, really.  Two turnovers cost us the game.  Not sure how that is out coached.  But there will always been some football challenged "fans" who think if you don't do everything perfect, its the end of the world.

Take a breath.  Those were probably the two best teams we play during regular season.  We knew there was a real possibility we start 0-2.  Now we will run off 5-9 in a row and everyone will be happy again.

Hindsight is 20/20. We didn't know at the time that they would have scored 10 that quickly. NFL history tells us that being up two possessions with 4 minutes and change left gives us an excellent chance to win the game. No need to risk that with a pass IMO.

We kinda did, all of their scoring drives in the second half were 2min 11sec or shorter. So I had no problem with trying to end the game right there

Some of you are something else. So we applaud the running attack, but when the running attack doesn't work on the last possession, then we are out coached.

Its simple, really. Two turnovers cost us the game. Not sure how that is out coached. But there will always been some football challenged "fans" who think if you don't do everything perfect, its the end of the world.

Take a breath. Those were probably the two best teams we play during regular season. We knew there was a real possibility we start 0-2. Now we will run off 5-9 in a row and everyone will be happy again.

Once again..... Pep Hamilton is the OC, we'll be lucky to be over .500 by the bye week

Trust me, we had Andy Reid for 14 seasons. Most overrated offensive mind in the game and I love the guy. Now I'm going to unleash a little bit of homerism for a couple sentences. . but the nation doesn't quite realize how good this Eagles team is yet. People know we're good but we aren't yet recognized as one of the elite teams. My point is you opened your season against two of the best teams in the league. And if you swapped the results of this game, my opinion would not change. Come week 17, we will all be talking about the same thing. Playoffs. 

I am a big Ducks fan I know exactly what Chip has going on in Philly.

Doesn't change the fact if you want to be aggressive do it on first down not on third just run it in there make Philly take the time out kick the fg. then It is 30-20 with 3 to go.

Then you get the pick not even going to argue calls we get the ball back and we go conservative like we are playing for OT our D is gassed just disgusting mismanagement of the clock. IT is Pop Warner stuff Pep is not a NFL OC

Man...we have a spoiled fan base. Ha.

We barely lost to what might be the best team in the AFC after playing a putrid half of football and then lost to a good Philly team in a game we easily could have won and should have won. 0-2 isn't a good spot for sure but it's obvious this team is capable of hanging w anyone. Maybe we go 7-9 but we have the talent to go 11-5 too IMO.

The boys just have to win next week and take the clichéd old one week at a time approach.

Everybody take a breath.

We kinda did, all of their scoring drives in the second half were 2min 11sec or shorter. So I had no problem with trying to end the game right there

I could see myself agreeing with you if we had success in the passing game but we really didn't get that going today. Oh well, it is what it is.

We barely lost to what might be the best team in the AFC after playing a putrid half of football and then lost to a good Philly team in a game we easily could have won and should have won. 0-2 isn't a good spot for sure but it's obvious this team is capable of hanging w anyone. Maybe we go 7-9 but we have the talent to go 11-5 too IMO.

The boys just have to win next week and take the clichéd old one week at a time approach.

Everybody take a breath.

Took a breath..... Smells like 0-16 around here

Eagles fan here. 

What a game, but what I'm seeing here is a lot of you Colts fans claiming your team is an 7-9, 8-8 type of team and that couldn't be further from the truth. 

First off. . .

1.) Horrible coaching from your OC on your last drive. You have Andrew Luck and I strongly believe had he been properly utilized on that last drive, we would've lost. 

2.) You started your season against two clear playoff teams and you're 0-2. But losing these two games against quality teams will better prepare you for the rest of the season. Would feel much better for you guys to be 1-1, but some of you need to stop jumping off your bandwagon. Colts are a playoff caliber team in a weak division. Texans are looking good? Yeah they looked great the first two weeks last season too. Titans? Jags? Check the standings come the 10th game. I'd put the Colts at no worse than 6-4. 

3.) For you 7-9ers, I'm sorry I just don't think this Colts team goes 7-7 the rest of the way and this is coming from an outsiders perspective. I see you guys easily going 10-4 for the rest of the season, probably with a decent 4 or 5 game win streak. 

I said it before the game and I'll say it now. Colts are a good team with the next great one at QB. Stop panicking. 

Are You sure You're an Eagles' fan?! :-))) Just Kidding!

First, I'd like to congratulate for your team's win on MNF!

All You've mentioned in Your post is true, still I'm rather worried about our D, whiat keeps loosing starters. Without solid pass rush un viable run-D we won't be able to hold our opponents under 20 points. We shall se next games, but this gonna be a rough season for us, whatever it's outcome would be.

Everybody take a breath.

I don't mind  losing to a team that was more prepared and played better than we did. That is not even close to what has happened.

We beat ourselves by more foolish game management. If you want to be aggressive be aggressive on first down after running the ball on 1st and 2nd down run the ball or call a safe play on 3rd down go up 10 pts 30-20 with 5  to go.

Then after that we come out conservative on the last possession. Did our OC know the score? Was he playing for OT weakest link on the link is a guy in a head set that is really not fair to the guys putting it on the line

I hate to agree with the naysayers but pep's play calling is sadly predictable.  He seems to lack the ability to keep the opposing D honest.  problem #2). It is hard for me to gripe about our secondary, when don't have anything resembling a pass rush. rant over.   If this team somehow loses to the glitter kitties next week then we can possibly expect some changes, when Mr. Irsay returns.

It isn't that we didn't win it is the way we lost poor game management more crap from Pep no clue. He is in over his head

Take it from a Texans fan, I'd rather lose like that than to set a record for pick 6es. Game management stuff can be fixed, especially since Pep has a relationship with Luck. Sooner or later he's going to tell him, "we tried it your way..." at the very least Luck will take more liberty at the LOS.

I honestly don't think we could have beaten either the Colts or Eagles had we played either this early. I'm glad we have a few weeks to figure out who we are first.

Pep blew the game, Refs chipped in

Richardson blew the game, refs chipped in

And just like I said would happen when the trade was made...... Parkey kicked the GW FG

Said it the moment the trade was made that we helped the eagles and sure enough the guy we gave them beat us

:facepalm:

You also said Richardson would turn out great.

You also said Luck was one of the best in the league.

You also said we need to give Pep Hamilton a chance.

And two games into the season, after watching probably your seventh ever Colts game... you make these assertions?

There is literally no one I have ever come across as clueless as you are.

Here's a stat and a reality.  I know the delusional little fanboys here will probably ignore it but anyone that is looking at all realistically at this team will appreciate it... 

Only 23 teams out of 198 have advanced to the postseason (11.6 percent) when starting 0-2 since 1990, according to Fox Sports.

I know the people that refuse to see this team objectively will just ignore the facts but hopefully this provides some clarity to the ones that are assessing this team's playoff hopes objectively.

3 won the Super Bowl, just stats

and here's another one for you, drew:

we either will or will not go to the playoffs, so we have a 50-50 chance for that.

that's a fact.

You also said Richardson would turn out great.

You also said Luck was one of the best in the league.

You also said we need to give Pep Hamilton a chance.

And two games into the season, after watching probably your seventh ever Colts game... you make these assertions?

There is literally no one I have ever come across as clueless as you are.

On this forum that's a pretty strong statement :P 

Luck played well imo. We were outcoached and outreffed.

Luck - HE also had several three and outs where he gunned the ball short of the receiver into the ground.  Based on his first 3 years he seems to be a sub 60% passer, just been fortunate thus far that a good deal of the completions have came at the right time.  He has a long way to go if he is going to be a top QB in this league!

Refs - I hate to complain about the officials because usually its something a good team should be able to overcome ... we were just very unfortunate that those horrible calls came at the most inopportune time of the game.

Coaches - I think their game plan was to run the ball and keep the Eagles O on the sidelines... they did pretty well with that game plan. If TR doesn't cough up the ball and we dont have those two bad calls late - I think we win that game by 20+ pts.

IF we win the next two games we are back in it ... if we lose one or two of the next, then we can start watching bowling.

John Pagano foretold the future last year - "We outcoached them." But, that was no big feat.

Lessee, we have Andrew Luck, Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, and Donte Moncreif - and we run the ball 50% of the time using the same formation over and over again, with an untested, patched up front line?

We probably have a team full of elite players with amateur, JV coaching, that actually contributes to our injuries . In Building the Monster we created an oaf.

Luck is a HoF type of QB, now the other...well I agree.

I'm not sure I agree.   He has never been in the top 20 in passer rating and that has to improve drastically to even begin talking Hall of Fame.  I do really admire the man's spirit though.  He always fights to the last second and simply refuses to give up.  The Kansas City comeback was one of the most impressive performances I have ever seen.

I thought Pep called a pretty good game with the exception of that final offensive series. The problem is that our defense is not very good. We cannot rush the passer and that will ultimately be our downfall this season. Running the ball keeps the ball out of Philly's hands. They moved the ball with such relative ease it was sickening. 

The last drive we need to score. First, I am not sure why Richardson was in instead of Bradshaw. Second, I can accept a run on first down, but not second down as well. We gave Luck one chance to make a play, and we couldn't block the blitz. Third, there was some horrendous route running last night. 

For all the good that Trent Richardson did last night, it all went out the window with that fumble. He actually had two fumbles, we were just fortunate to recover one of them. 

and here's another one for you, drew:

we either will or will not go to the playoffs, so we have a 50-50 chance for that.

that's a fact.

I don't think that makes it 50-50, that is strange thinking. If you think like that, every team has a 50% chance of going to the playoffs every year. There are lots of them that have 0% chance of doing that.

I'm not sure I agree.   He has never been in the top 20 in passer rating and that has to improve drastically to even begin talking Hall of Fame.  I do really admire the man's spirit though.  He always fights to the last second and simply refuses to give up.  The Kansas City comeback was one of the most impressive performances I have ever seen.

I agree with you that HOF talk is way too early. One serious injury and he doesn't come close to that. It shouldn't even be mentioned for at least another ten years. I am also concerned that he always has a low passer rating and I am more concerned that he doesn't really seem to be improving. That is 9 INTs in the last four games he has played. That is not a HOF QB at work.

I don't think that makes it 50-50, that is strange thinking. If you think like that, every team has a 50% chance of going to the playoffs every year. There are lots of them that have 0% chance of doing that.

that is simply not true.. strictly mathematically speaking, without any subjective assessments, that is..

right now every single team has a chance of making the playoffs (since no one is eliminated yet).. 

statistics and probabilities are very easily manipulated, based on the variables you take into account, that's what i tried to show by stripping it down to only 2 options - will happen or will not happen.. but that's maybe better suited for a logics and philosophies discussion board..

I agree with you that HOF talk is way too early. One serious injury and he doesn't come close to that. It shouldn't even be mentioned for at least another ten years. I am also concerned that he always has a low passer rating and I am more concerned that he doesn't really seem to be improving. That is 9 INTs in the last four games he has played. That is not a HOF QB at work.

is it possible to make a good QB average by giving him too many good weapons on offense. I mean Hilton,nicks,Wayne,Allen,fleenor.... Too much of anything is a bad thing IMO