Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis Colts @ Broncos

Mr.Debonair

Great game from him. It's crazy to me how he can be a shutdown one game and others look lethargic. When he's focused he's def one of the best in the league

definitely but Toler needs to focus on the other hand. He plays up and down you dont know which one will show up..

Yeah, Landry worries me more than a little bit.

Wouldn't surprise me if we cut ties with Landry after this year. Matter of fact we might have a whole new starting safety group next season if these guys dont turn it around. Its still early but if this defense doesn't pan out? Manusky is gone. Grigson and Pagano will be on the hot seat. 

If you can get Julius Thomas shut down, our DBs can deal with anything else the Broncos have.  Imagine if we had the pass rush going

Manning will always go to the receiver who is the less covered. If the Colts would have stopped J. Thomas then D. Thomas would have been the go to receiver of the game. Manning didn't break just about every offensive record last season not knowing who to go to.

Manning will always go to the receiver who is the less covered. If the Colts would have stopped J. Thomas then D. Thomas would have been the go to receiver of the game. Manning didn't break just about every offensive record last season not knowing who to go to.

Your answer does not acknowledge the fact that D. Thomas and many of the others were not even being doubled.  The fact stands that D. Thomas was being shut down for a majority of the night by V. Davis, G. Toler, and even D. Butler.  Julius Thomas is the biggest weapon on that offense bar none.   Everyone knows Peyton is great, but if you want to slow that offense down like we did in the entire 2nd half of that game(with very little pass rush might I add) you have to take J. Thomas out of the equation.     The other stuff you are talking about is the hardest route Peyton would have to go especially with a pass rush.  Not an easy task at all for Peyton if you have to choose between one or the other.  Julius Thomas is a real hard draw one on one.

Great game from him. It's crazy to me how he can be a shutdown one game and others look lethargic. When he's focused he's def one of the best in the league

I agree. He did a tremendous job against Thomas last night. Great tackling and all around physical play. 

However, when Sanders and Julius Thomas are running around wide open, it is tough to see why Manning would bother throwing it to Demaryius. 

Vontae is going to cement himself as a top 5 corner this year I think. I think there was a few vying for those last couple spots but Vontae is going to set himself apart.

If he starts converting his tight-as-a-badger's-butt-in-winter coverage into interceptions he will be top 3.

When I am back working I am going to get a Vontae jersey.

i agree..its like everytime he is about to get beat, doenst matter if he has safety help, he will grab a bit

I hate to be in the position to defend Toler, but he actually played pretty well.  Sometimes it's better to take a chance and get the penalty than to get burned.

After watching Delmas with Miami against the Pats kinda upset we didnt even look his way, he played well.

He did. When I seen him contesting on some those Brady passes. I was like..... Nice job Grig lol. Even TJ Ward looked really good with the Broncos last night. Grigz will have to redeem himself this next draft and Free agency class. Let me add one more.... Nate Irving lol. MLB that was blowing Luck up in the first half.

I understand Grigz cant hit on all his pick ups. But man.

He did. When I seen him contesting on some those Brady passes. I was like..... Nice job Grig lol. Even TJ Ward looked really good with the Broncos last night. Grigz will have to redeem himself this next draft and Free agency class. Let me add one more.... Nate Irving lol. MLB that was blowing Luck up in the first half.

I understand Grigz cant hit on all his pick ups. But man.

Agreed Irvin played a hell of a game and to think the Broncos were targeting D-Jax in FA, and Ward was a force as well. im sure grigs will surprise us next year.

Wouldn't surprise me if we cut ties with Landry after this year. Matter of fact we might have a whole new starting safety group next season if these guys dont turn it around. Its still early but if this defense doesn't pan out? Manusky is gone. Grigson and Pagano will be on the hot seat. 

unless the season completely unfolds, I highly doubt this...

Your answer does not acknowledge the fact that D. Thomas and many of the others were not even being doubled.  The fact stands that D. Thomas was being shut down for a majority of the night by V. Davis, G. Toler, and even D. Butler.  Julius Thomas is the biggest weapon on that offense bar none.   Everyone knows Peyton is great, but if you want to slow that offense down like we did in the entire 2nd half of that game(with very little pass rush might I add) you have to take J. Thomas out of the equation.     The other stuff you are talking about is the hardest route Peyton would have to go especially with a pass rush.  Not an easy task at all for Peyton if you have to choose between one or the other.  Julius Thomas is a real hard draw one on one.

It's real easy to sit and tell everyone how the Colts should have did this or should have did that. The bottom line is the Colts played bad football in the first half of that game. They went in at halftime and made their adjustments and had to hear from the coaches how bad they were playing. It makes no difference if you double any receiver on Denver, Manning will go to another if not being hit sacked or pressured hard. You talk of Manning and J. Thomas but had the Colts just played as well as they did in the second half their chances of winning that game would have very high.

Vontae is going to cement himself as a top 5 corner this year I think. I think there was a few vying for those last couple spots but Vontae is going to set himself apart.

If he starts converting his tight-as-a-badger's-butt-in-winter coverage into interceptions he will be top 3.

When I am back working I am going to get a Vontae jersey.

I am at a kind of loss. I am not interested in how tight a Badgers butt is in winter and just how do you know these things? :thinking:  :spit:

It's real easy to sit and tell everyone how the Colts should have did this or should have did that. The bottom line is the Colts played bad football in the first half of that game. They went in at halftime and made their adjustments and had to hear from the coaches how bad they were playing. It makes no difference if you double any receiver on Denver, Manning will go to another if not being hit sacked or pressured hard. You talk of Manning and J. Thomas but had the Colts just played as well as they did in the second half their chances of winning that game would have very high.

I have to disagree with you on the issue because it's not a matter of what they should have done, it's what they did do. Did you see much of Thomas in the second half?  There was more concentration on getting him stopped in the second and that was an important part of the improved play.  If we'd have gone that route in the first half I 'm sure we'd have had equal success defensively.   The "he would have went to another person" statement you make in fact did happen, and those throws were not near as successful as when the go to guy was Thomas.  Stopping him is a major key more than it is with any other player on that team.  It's not the only thing that has to happen, but it's a very important part of the process.