Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what to watch for

OLD FAN MAN

I'm watching the forum to see who sends out the first panic post. Last year it didn't take long for someone to assess our teams seasons outlook based on one preseason game.

Got to love it!

Are you including the first "We're going to gone undefeated" post too?

Any hard and fast decisions based on preseason games is foolish IMHO.

Remember, the Lions went 4-0 the year they went 0-16.

Pre-season is a good way to get a first look at new players. . . but honestly they shouldn't even keep score because no one really cares about winning a pre-season game.

I'm watching the forum to see who sends out the first panic post. Last year it didn't take long for someone to assess our teams seasons outlook based on one preseason game.

Got to love it!

I give it one series....before that thread gets started

Pre-season is a good way to get a first look at new players. . . but honestly they shouldn't even keep score because no one really cares about winning a pre-season game.

That wouldn't be smart though, it's the only way to see some players in a game situation.

in our first preseason game, what are each of our forum members going to look for? includes all, players coaches, system, etc. anything you can think of.

Well we are all gonna be watching anyone who snaps the ball. Who is our #1 backup now? Is it Jack or Jon Harrison? It would be great if Harrison is stepping up.

Newsome is someone to root for. Adongo.

Go Boom!

Yip Da`Rick and Moncrief.

And yes the safeties. We sure could use a rookie CB or two to make the team.

Montori & Pendleton. Kerr.

Backup O tackles. Lance Louis.

Tell that to Pete Carroll. Undefeated in preseason since taking over the Hawks

Well we are all gonna be watching anyone who snaps the ball. Who is our #1 backup now? Is it Jack or Jon Harrison? It would be great if Harrison is stepping up.

Newsome is someone to root for. Adongo.

Go Boom!

Yip Da`Rick and Moncrief.

And yes the safeties. We sure could use a rookie CB or two to make the team.

Montori & Pendleton. Kerr.

Backup O tackles. Lance Louis.

Believe they have Harrison as 2T and FN Lutz 3T behind Holmes.  This of course is just what was put out for the Jets game.

I'm going to go ahead and say it now.....

(Insert name here) needs to be fired, they're terrible!!!!!!!

Really hoping to see at T Rich step up, as well as our O-line. I have a feeling our run D is going to be significantly better! Can't wait!!!!!

Tell that to Pete Carroll. Undefeated in preseason since taking over the Hawks

Ok so maybe one coach actually cares about winning the pre-season games.  Maybe...  I'm not so sure though. . . if a coach really cares about winning a pre-season game he'd play his starters for 3 quarters and run up the score on some borderline players who are trying to make their team.  I doubt any of them actually do that though.

If you are watching the pre-season to cheer for your team and or see who wins . . . you're gonna have a bad time.  

Ok so maybe one coach actually cares about winning the pre-season games. Maybe... I'm not so sure though. . . if a coach really cares about winning a pre-season game he'd play his starters for 3 quarters and run up the score on some borderline players who are trying to make their team. I doubt any of them actually do that though.

If you are watching the pre-season to cheer for your team and or see who wins . . . you're gonna have a bad time.

The fact that we're even watching preseason shows how the regime has changed. Peyton era no one cared for preseason. Now we actually have reason to watch

I won't see the game live, Redskins & Pats or Ravens & 49ers are the only showings here in VA but got the DVR set for 1pm Friday est for the replay

The fact that we're even watching preseason shows how the regime has changed. Peyton era no one cared for preseason. Now we actually have reason to watch

I won't see the game live, Redskins & Pats or Ravens & 49ers are the only showings here in VA but got the DVR set for 1pm Friday est for the replay

I didn't pay close attention to the Colts during the Peyton Era so I wouldn't know.

However most of us are watching to see how new players do, I doubt many of us care about the final score.  

I likely will see it live, I looked on my dish guide and they appear to be covering it live on Thursday.

Ok so maybe one coach actually cares about winning the pre-season games.  Maybe...  I'm not so sure though. . . if a coach really cares about winning a pre-season game he'd play his starters for 3 quarters and run up the score on some borderline players who are trying to make their team.  I doubt any of them actually do that though.

If you watched Hard Knocks in the past it's apparent that all coaches care about winning those games. It's the nature of being that competitive.

What we have to realize is that winning or losing those games has no baring to how our team will do in the regular season. Our threes beating or losing to their threes is meaningless.

The main things I'm looking at are: Trent Richardson(I believe he'll be great this year), Bjoern Werner, Jonathon Newsome, Khaled Holmes, Jack Mewhort, and Moncrief. Among undrafted guys I'm interested to see Purifoy and Cox, I believe one of them will make the roster and could get some playing time as a rookie. I'll also be looking at Harrison.

I will be paying close attention to how the interior of our OLine looks.  Will also be checking out Trent Richardson to see what he does with limited touches.  Backup wide receiver battle between Whalen, D. Rogers and Moncrief should be entertaining.

On defense, looking for improvement in the defensive front and to see if anyone not named Mathis can generate a pass rush...wanna see what Werner's got.  Interested in seeing Qua Cox and Louichez Purifoy play in the secondary.