Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LaRon looks ready

pac2

Exactly he hasn't show anything to impress me. 

I should add one more thing.....

I said so back at the time...   Haven't been a fan of his for a number of years.

I suspect I didn't say anything more negative because I gave Grigson/Pagano the benefit of the doubt....  afterall,  Pagano is a longtime former DB coach,  so he knows what he wants....  if he's OK with Landry,  then you have to green light it...

But,  for me, he's so much more a workout worrier and less a football player than any player I can remember for a long time....

I should add one more thing.....

I said so back at the time...   Haven't been a fan of his for a number of years.

I suspect I didn't say anything more negative because I gave Grigson/Pagano the benefit of the doubt....  afterall,  Pagano is a longtime former DB coach,  so he knows what he wants....  if he's OK with Landry,  then you have to green light it...

But,  for me, he's so much more a workout worrier and less a football player than any player I can remember for a long time....

I totally agree! Being a physical specimen doesn't necessarily translate to the field. I mean they watch the tape I don't so I guess they know what they're doing. But again I'm not impressed especially with what they paid for him. 

Laron is a good player who has a hard time staying healthy were ever he has been!

16 games with the Jets..... Pro Bowl year.

The season right before we signed him, was healthy that whole season. At least healthy enough to play all 16 games and make the pro bowl

Can you guys not talk ish about our very own players? My god. Some of yall are a sorry excuse of a fan. Hope Laron can stay healthy this year and knock some heads around...Go Colts!!!!

We have every right to talk down are own players. Majority of us LOVE the Colts, but what did Landry do last season? He hurt us more than he helped us.

LaRon is looking good, hopefully he can stay healthy.  He was the NFL tackle leader until he was injured and wasn't the same after that.  I'm not too concerned with the rough 2nd half of the season, I think he just came back too early and never recovered 100%.  He's been injured a lot so he needs to be out there if he plans on using those big muscles.  He is a hard hitter and extremely quick just like Bob Sanders was. 

16 games with the Jets..... Pro Bowl year.

The season right before we signed him, was healthy that whole season. At least healthy enough to play all 16 games and make the pro bowl

YUP the 1 season he stayed healthy all year! I like him he just needs to stay healthy! With better play in front of him hopefully he will. :thmup:

Before Landry went to the Jets I was hoping the Patriots would make a run at him, but after his season in NY, to be honest, I'm glad they stayed away from him. Big hitter for sure, but he's garbage in coverage. I saw Gronk burn him time after time in the two Jets-Pats games that season. Would have been a premiere safety in the 80s, 90s, and first half of the 2000s, but DBs need to be a little more versatile now. 

He runs like 4.5 or something...... Are you really complaining about his speed?

Was that this year? Peyton Manning ran like a 4.8 40 when he came out too. I only ask because bulking up has consequences....and even so running fast doesn't help if you take bad angles and don't wrap up. I didn't like the Landry signing but I still hold out hope he bounces back however....I want our secondary to play lights out...and not just show up in the weight room but on the game field.

Was that this year? Peyton Manning ran like a 4.8 40 when he came out too. I only ask because bulking up has consequences....and even so running fast doesn't help if you take bad angles and don't wrap up. I didn't like the Landry signing but I still hold out hope he bounces back however....I want our secondary to play lights out...and not just show up in the weight room but on the game field.

There's no secondary that'll play lights out every game..... Period. Even the seahawks got torched when they played us. There's no such thing as a lights out secondary

Yeah, I agree. He looked good to me. 

I'm sure we all remember Bob Sanders. Dude was a muscle bound tank, instinctive and vicious. After earning the distinction of NFL defensive player of the year, his career imploded from repeated injury, earning him the nickname form me.....Glass Bob. 

So toward the OP, being a beast in the weight room doesn't mean squat toward his worth as a player. If a player can't stay healthy, nothing he does means squat. 

IMO, a healthy Landry is our best option in the backfield. 

I agree, the bigger Bob's biceps got the more time he seemed to spend on the sideline ;)

Can you guys not talk ish about our very own players? My god. Some of yall are a sorry excuse of a fan. Hope Laron can stay healthy this year and knock some heads around...Go Colts!!!!

This is what a forum is for! Fans have the right to say whatever they want about a player. MOST poeple root for every single player! It's not like poeple on here are saying we hope he gets injured and can't play because obviously pretty much everyone wants every player to have a great year! We are just being honest. Hope for the best! Go Colts