Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck #30

Ja'Crispy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never cared for the point of that list. Never watched it either. All these rankings & other stuff get thrown out the window when the pads come on

But since the thread is about it, I'll bite

Who in the name of Andrew named Russell Wilson better than Andrew?

Good spot. I think.

Russell Wilson got rated higher than Luck though.

:hmm:

I guess that's more of my issue, not as much where Luck is ranked. I know Wilson got the ring, and I probably am biased, but I find it very difficult to say Wilson is better.

Luck was 23 last year.

Surprised that he LOST 7 spots in a year in which he played better than his rookie season......   smh....

You know there is this possibility that others in the league might have had better seasons individually. Yes he did play better than his rookie season, but it's not like others around the league didn't make a bigger leap in performance. Sure it's slightly lower than I thought he would be at, but it's a reasonable spot. 

You know there is this possibility that others in the league might have had better seasons individually. Yes he did play better than his rookie season, but it's not like others around the league didn't make a bigger leap in performance. Sure it's slightly lower than I thought he would be at, but it's a reasonable spot. 

I'll wait to see who else is ranked ahead of him before I agree or disagree....    but you make some good points....    thanks...

I never cared for the point of that list. Never watched it either. All these rankings & other stuff get thrown out the window when the pads come on

He arguably had a better year then Luck More td's, Same number of int's  and only 500 less passing yards while passing 165 less times, He had a higher passer rating to

He arguably had a better year then Luck, More td's, same amount of TD's and only 500 less passing yards while passing 165 less times, He had a higher passer rating to

That's VERY argueable......Luck lost two key receivers to injury....lost two running backs to injury....and faced the Seattle defense once

Ring.

Nough said.

He arguably had a better year then Luck More td's, Same number of int's  and only 500 less passing yards while passing 165 less times, He had a higher passer rating to

But Wilson lost the head to head battle. I'm not sure what impacts that list cause as I stated I don't care for it or watch it but I know of it cause of the commercials & now the forum talking about it

So I'll just leave it alone since I'm not sure what impacts the list

come down calm down its all about fan bases obviously Andrew luck doesn't have a good phone or fanbase comparing to the other two and doesn't pay attention to twitter Facebook and stuff while cam and Wilson do! :D

Cam Newton got ranked higher than Luck also. The people in the comments are just bashing Luck and talking about how he's overrated and how he threw 7 ints in the playoffs last year. People don't take into consideration the fact that Luck actually has to carry his team when those guys have great defenses and running games to lean on.

But Wilson lost the head to head battle. I'm not sure what impacts that list cause as I stated I don't care for it or watch it but I know of it cause of the commercials & now the forum talking about it

So I'll just leave it alone since I'm not sure what impacts the list

I don't care for the list either, But I know the gap between Luck and Wilson is pretty close

Well Wilson was going to be rated higher just because his team won the SB but Newton ahead of Luck that is a joke.

Newton had a higher completion percentage, passer rating, more TDs, superior rushing stats, & won more games while playing against far better teams than Luck.

Don't be a homer. All 3 are great young QBs who had very good seasons. You can't argue that one of them is head & shoulders better than the others without being a homer. There isn't a marginal difference in any of them right now.

Newton had a higher completion percentage, passer rating, more TDs, superior rushing stats, & won more games while playing against far better teams than Luck.

Don't be a homer. All 3 are great young QBs who had very good seasons. You can't argue that one of them is head & shoulders better than the others without being a homer. There isn't a marginal difference in any of them right now.

Panthers: Wins against

Giants

Falcons x2

Buccaners

Vikings

Yep, top tier teams right there. Panthers had it rough, goodness gracious I had no idea their schedule was so hard last year. How could I be so naive?!

:panic:

I don't think this ranking is that big a deal, but there isn't really that much of a difference in completion percentage, TDs, etc.

Luck : 60.2%, 3822 yards,23 TD, 9INT, 63 Rushes, 377 yards 4TD rushing

Newton: 61.7%, 3379 yards, 24 TD 13 INT 111 Rushes 585 Yards 6 TD rushing

I don't think this ranking is that big a deal, but there isn't really that much of a difference in completion percentage, TDs, etc.

Luck : 60.2%, 3822 yards,23 TD, 9INT, 63 Rushes, 377 yards 4TD rushing

Newton: 61.7%, 3379 yards, 24 TD 13 INT 111 Rushes 585 Yards 6 TD rushing

Then add the fact that Andrew is the better leader which everyone knows leadership is something teams want out of their QB, Andrew is the clearly the better QB

Then add the fact that Andrew is the better leader which everyone knows leadership is something teams want out of their QB, Andrew is the clearly the better QB

Lol, I dislike seeing Newton's name ahead of Andrew's ever since the Heisman loss, but I'm not that bothered by this. Perhaps the gap between Newton and Luck should be closer, but 30 is pretty respectable. Time will tell who the better QB is. It's still only been two years.

Panthers: Wins against

Giants

Falcons x2

Buccaners

Vikings

Yep, top tier teams right there. Panthers had it rough, goodness gracious I had no idea their schedule was so hard last year. How could I be so naive?!

:panic:

Record vs teams .500 or better...

Newton- 5-3

Luck- 4-4

Games vs top 5 defense...

Newton- 4

Luck- 2

According to who? Fans & media who have zero insight into Newton's leadership?

Because according to his GM, HC, & teammates, Cam is a great leader.

“Over the last 10 weeks, we’re seeing Cam maturing, and doing things in other ways to contribute and improve. It got to the point where Cam was installing things. He led the meetings. He was sitting with the receivers, the tight ends and helping them. You see stuff now you didn’t see before. Seeing him come in early to sit in the o-line meetings. Staying over late to help the young receivers."

-Head Coach Ron Rivera

Cam is a natural born leader. He really is. What people don't understand is this team had Jordan (Gross) and Steve (Smith). Those guys were All Pros here for over a decade. They were the heart and soul of this team. They're gone now. Cam has taken that ownership and responsibility and stepped up. It's his team now."

-General Manager Dave Gettleman

"Cam has always been a leader. He gets a lot of unfair criticism, he's such a polarizing person. He is the heart and soul of our team, that's obvious. He's our best player, he's our leader. We go as he goes. It's really neat to see his transformation. He was a young, inexperienced QB who was burdened with carrying a franchise. Now he's the entrenched veteran who younger guys coming in look up to. You see it especially with Kelvin (Benjamin). Cam has really taken him under his wing, so to speak. Not only spending time with him learning the playbook and such, but always having him over and taking him out. Really making sure he's comfortable as he transitions to the NFL and a new city."

-Tight End Greg Olsen

Luck does play in a weaker division than Cam and Wilson but at the same time he had the most impressive slate of wins last year against teams like Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, and Kansas City. Luck also is asked to carry a much heavier load than any of those other young QBs. The Colts don't have a top 5 defense and/or rushing attack like the Seahawks and Panthers do. Luck has the most turnovers out of all the other young guys but only because he is forced to throw the ball a lot more without a solid running game. And he's gotten to the playoffs each of his first two years carrying his team when it took Cam until year 3 with a top 5 defense to finally get there and then he went one and done.

Hahaha.. What? Mind pointing me to that statistic? I'm all for a being a fan of a player but lets not go full homer here.

Cam?  Leadership?  Didn't you guys see him at the podium when things were bad for him....totally aloof...basically crying that he did not know what to do?  That my friends is not leadership.  Not even close.

This is from someone who loves to watch the man play football.  One thing I know about is leadership....and of course football :)

How do you measure 'leadership'? Those who watch Luck know how good he is, but stop making stuff up.

According to who? Fans & media who have zero insight into Newton's leadership?

Because according to his GM, HC, & teammates, Cam is a great leader.

Hahaha.. What? Mind pointing me to that statistic? I'm all for a being a fan of a player but lets not go full homer here.

You measure leadership by what your "leader" does when faced with adversity.

Andrew Luck (When facing adversity): Leads comebacks, continuously trying to get his guys going on the sidelines, & cheering for his defense while the Colts offense is on the sidelines. 

Cam Newton (When facing adversity): 

cam-newton-fantasy.jpg

Now I'll give him his credit, Cam did get a little better with maturity this year not gonna deny it. But this is his 4th year now in the league coming up & he still has a lot of growing up to do whereas Andrew has been an excellent leader. 

Has nothing to do with being a "homer" as the forum calls it, it's stating facts. Both QB's do take different approaches to adversity 

:rantoff: 

:colts:

Cam?  Leadership?  Didn't you guys see him at the podium when things were bad for him....totally aloof...basically crying that he did not know what to do?  That my friends is not leadership.  Not even close.

This is from someone who loves to watch the man play football.  One thing I know about is leadership....and of course football :)

* Points to above post*

Beat me to it Brent haha