Luck #30

Ja'Crispy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Brad Wells make this list? 

He co-wrote it with Skip Bayless.

Congratulations to Mathis, who I am sure is somewhere in the top 20!

As for Wilson and Cam, Wilson won the ring; and he was bound to jump down a few numbers for that.  Cam did well last year, and finished with one more win than the Andrew and company (in the regular season).  They are both good players, and we are blessed to have a quarterback who is widely considered as talented as them.

Why to people continue to take this seriously? Just look at the rankings over the years....they are dreadful.

It saddens me that so many people gobble up this off-season tripe. 

I wish the NFLN would show more games, as in, past games....not just the small variety they air and re-air ad nauseam. Listening to illiterate retired players "UM UM UM" through their dialog is just upsetting. The women on the network are really the best. They are professional and well spoken. But nobody sounds good talking about Johnny Manziel everyday. 

I'm gonna assume you're using the :sarcasm: here 

Cause you can't "drop" from 30 to 20, that's a jump not a drop haha

Yup. Luck is so underrated even after he would bring home a superbowl win in the future. This league's head is still wrapped around Kaepernick and of course Peyton for good reason.

So, using that logic.......

Tyrod Taylor >>>> Andrew Luck

Tavaris Jackson >>>>> Andrew Luck

Rings AND starting QBs is what he was talking about!!!

But if this is truly projecting next year, Cam Newton without Steve Smith, Ted Ginn Jr., Brandon Lafell etc., not sure where he will end up in 2014, so the whole top 100 of 2014 is a misnomer from the get go. This show is just an offseason farce/time killer, don't take it too seriously.

It's a ranking of the players by the players, so it's their opinions of where these guys are ranked. I'd probably have Luck at 20 or somewhere around there. He did struggle without Wayne for 4 games though and that does have to be taken into consideration whether it's fair or not. However, we know that if he had Wayne and Allen throughout the season and the playoffs, it could be a much different story. This year it's like we have a whole extra draft with player back together and Luck can prove he's a top 5 qb and should be higher on the list.

Rings AND starting QBs is what he was talking about!!!

But if this is truly projecting next year, Cam Newton without Steve Smith, Ted Ginn Jr., Brandon Lafell etc., not sure where he will end up in 2014, so the whole top 100 of 2014 is a misnomer from the get go. This show is just an offseason farce/time killer, don't take it too seriously.

The offense around Cam will be much improved this season. Don't listen to everything the media says. LT Gross retiring, while a huge blow, is the only position that wasn't upgraded. There's a reason Carolina let all of the WRs walk then cut Smith. They weren't good.

WR1- Benjamin > Smith

WR2- Cotchery > LaFell

WR3- Avant > Ginn

LG- Silatolu > Wharton

RG- Turner > Williams

RB- Stewart > Williams

LT- Chandler < Gross

You measure leadership by what your "leader" does when faced with adversity.

Andrew Luck (When facing adversity): Leads comebacks, continuously trying to get his guys going on the sidelines, & cheering for his defense while the Colts offense is on the sidelines.

Cam Newton (When facing adversity):

cam-newton-fantasy.jpg

Now I'll give him his credit, Cam did get a little better with maturity this year not gonna deny it. But this is his 4th year now in the league coming up & he still has a lot of growing up to do whereas Andrew has been an excellent leader.

Has nothing to do with being a "homer" as the forum calls it, it's stating facts. Both QB's do take different approaches to adversity

:rantoff:

:colts:

Cam Newton has always had a towel over his head when he's on the sideline, whether he's winning by 100 or losing by 100, going all the way back to when he was in high school.

Ever heard of "Wanna be like Mike"? Newton does it because it's what his favorite athlete, Michael Jordan, used to do when he played for the Bulls.

Why/how the media spins him putting a towel over his head to pouting is ridiculous.

But glad to see you're bringing up crap from 2-3 years ago. Watch his sideline interactions or press conferences, win or lose, from last season. He changed completely. He grew into a leader. And it wasn't just the team going 12-4, they started 1-3 and he was as upbeat and leading them as he was after that started winning.

Media/fans haven't been so wrong about an athlete in a long, long time. People seem to have personal vendettas against him.

But Wilson lost the head to head battle. I'm not sure what impacts that list cause as I stated I don't care for it or watch it but I know of it cause of the commercials & now the forum talking about it

So I'll just leave it alone since I'm not sure what impacts the list

There are a lot of Excellent players in the top 70. So the list is more for fun than anything.

Based on last season I would agree with Kurt Warner, 30 is too High.

But AFTER this season, Andrew has a good shot of making 30 look reasonable, hopefully too low :thmup: . He has been a middle of the pack passer, but no one doubts he will learn to think better/faster after the snap, and throw more accurately with experience.

And he has 'another' great schedule to help him.

Woudn`t the Head to Head battle last season' have NOTHING to do with who the players project in their vote for theTop 100 Players of the coming season? Zero, Nada!

Wilson Zero Int`s in the PLAYOFFS!! Your guy 7777777777777. Wilson killed us head to head & Seattle beat the tar out of us.

TY 'very fortunately' got hit on a bomb and another long one to MASK the BEATING they gave us. 

And they did it missing BOTH of their Tackles that week.  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

I don't think this ranking is that big a deal, but there isn't really that much of a difference in completion percentage, TDs, etc.

Luck : 60.2%, 3822 yards,23 TD, 9INT, 63 Rushes, 377 yards 4TD rushing

Newton: 61.7%, 3379 yards, 24 TD 13 INT 111 Rushes 585 Yards 6 TD rushing

The thing that bothered me about this, is the yokel on NFL Network said: "Cam did more with less."  - Which, no, he didn't. (Considering having a better offensive line, running game, an elite defense that closed out games. But I'll give Luck the nod in receivers until Reggie went down)

I'm fine with Luck at #30.  Ranked the 30th best player after just two years in the league out of the 1000+ players. That's nothing to whine about.  It looks bad in comparison to last year, being #23 after his rookie year. As cool as that was, he was placed pretty high on that list, in all honesty. 

The thing that bothered me about this, is the yokel on NFL Network said: "Cam did more with less."  - Which, no, he didn't. (Considering having a better offensive line, running game, an elite defense that closed out games. But I'll give Luck the nod in receivers until Reggie went down)

I'm fine with Luck at #30.  Ranked the 30th best player after just two years in the league out of the 1000+ players. That's nothing to whine about.  It looks bad in comparison to last year, being #23 after his rookie year. As cool as that was, he was placed pretty high on that list, in all honesty. 

Yeah, I heard that too, and it bothered me a bit as well. And to the bolded, I completely agree. 

Cam and Wilson higher then luck. What a joke.

Wilson, Luck, and Newton all had relatively similar seasons statistically but Wilson was the most efficient passer of the three with a higher completion pct., higher TD pct., higher yards per attempt, and higher overall QB rating. When you factor in playoff performances it would be hard to justify Wilson NOT being ranked higher than Luck and Newton this year. Next year might be different.

Cam Newton has always had a towel over his head when he's on the sideline, whether he's winning by 100 or losing by 100, going all the way back to when he was in high school.

Ever heard of "Wanna be like Mike"? Newton does it because it's what his favorite athlete, Michael Jordan, used to do when he played for the Bulls.

Why/how the media spins him putting a towel over his head to pouting is ridiculous.

But glad to see you're bringing up crap from 2-3 years ago. Watch his sideline interactions or press conferences, win or lose, from last season. He changed completely. He grew into a leader. And it wasn't just the team going 12-4, they started 1-3 and he was as upbeat and leading them as he was after that started winning.

Media/fans haven't been so wrong about an athlete in a long, long time. People seem to have personal vendettas against him.

C'mon man, you know it's not about him having a towel over his head, just look at his facial expression..

Or did you forget all the sideline pouting and post game press conferences he did, basically throwing his teammates under the bus?

Wilson, Luck, and Newton all had relatively similar seasons statistically but Wilson was the most efficient passer of the three with a higher completion pct., higher TD pct., higher yards per attempt, and higher overall QB rating. When you factor in playoff performances it would be hard to justify Wilson NOT being ranked higher than Luck and Newton this year. Next year might be different.

wilson and cam have a strong running game, good oline, and an elite defense. three things luck doesnt have 

wilson and cam have a strong running game, good oline, and an elite defense. three things luck doesnt have 

Dude, you just exposed the fact that you don't watch many Seattle or Carolina games.

Seattle's O-line is not good.

Carolina has neither a good oline nor a strong running game.

compared to luck's?

Simply being compared to something awful doesn't make something "good". Even if they are slightly better, the difference is marginal.

No one that knows what they are looking at could watch a Carolina game and come away thinking they have good o-line and a strong running game.  Both Carolina and Indy have bottom of the league O-line and running games, with Seattle having the slighty better O-line and much better running game.

Wilson wasn't good in the playoffs

Simply being compared to something awful doesn't make something "good". Even if they are slightly better, the difference is marginal.

No one that knows what they are looking at could watch a Carolina game and come away thinking they have good o-line and a strong running game.  Both Carolina and Indy have bottom of the league O-line and running games, with Seattle having the slighty better O-line and much better running game.

carolina's running game was 11th in the league. we were 20th. thats a pretty big margin

Its a popularity list amongst players...voted on by players. I mean when Ray Lewis was still playing he was a top 5 guy even though he was far far past his prime. I'm not worried about it...and yet I find no fault in what they ranked him. There were far worse slights then Andrew....FAR WORSE. People around here just get so worked up over the littlest things. I swear people in Indy suffer from little man syndrome. Always feeling victimized and slighted. I never understand worrying about the media. Sure if it is being blatently hostile or taking shots I could understand speaking out about it but to get all hurt over such random stuff...its like people look for reasons to be offended.

Wilson wasn't good in the playoffs

Seriously!!! You have got to be kidding me! He had almost a perfect SB performance...and made some HUGE plays against SF. It was the best by any qb in the playoffs by far....much better than 7 turnovers!

Seriously!!! You have got to be kidding me! He had almost a perfect SB performance...and made some HUGE plays against SF. It was the best by any qb in the playoffs by far....much better than 7 turnovers!

Yes, seriously. He was mediocre against the saints....he was just fortunate Brees was horrible.

He was ok vs the Niners, nothing great, but that is kind of expected vs that defense.

He was perfect in the SB? Right....he was great AFTER the defense and special team gave them a big lead.

Much better than 7 turnovers? Wow, you went the 10 yr old route....congrats.

I guess that's more of my issue, not as much where Luck is ranked. I know Wilson got the ring, and I probably am biased, but I find it very difficult to say Wilson is better.

He isn't if they do the 2012 draft over again luck still goes # 1. Ten times out of ten.

Pay no attention to this list. It is fluff.

carolina's running game was 11th in the league. we were 20th. thats a pretty big margin

Carolina's rushing numbers without Cam: 1441 yards

Indy's rushing numbers without Andrew: 1336 yards

Not that big a margin. Watch the games.. not just the stats.

Russell Wilson had a very light load in the Super Bowl. No fault of his, and I'm not trying to knock him for it, but I wouldn't call it perfect. He was basically Trent Dilfer in the Saints game. And he made one play in the Niners game. He was never down 31-10, like the Colts were against the Chiefs before Luck committed a single turnover. Wilson did his job, and did it well. I just don't like the comparison, and I think his performance is a little over-inflated.

Yes, seriously. He was mediocre against the saints....he was just fortunate Brees was horrible.

He was ok vs the Niners, nothing great, but that is kind of expected vs that defense.

He was perfect in the SB? Right....he was great AFTER the defense and special team gave them a big lead.

Much better than 7 turnovers? Wow, you went the 10 yr old route....congrats.

Are you kidding me? I think it is a pretty legitament arguement that a guy throwing 7 ints in two games in the playoffs is a big PROBLEM. Sorry if I value the football!! This is one of the very reasons why Tom Brady has done so great in the playoffs and Peyton has suffered. Turnovers in the playoffs. I love Peyton...I know he had to press at times to make up for his defense but playing a clean game against ELITE defenses is a huge difference when moving on in the playoffs. I'm sorry that Andrew played terribly against NE. Trust me...I am! As great as his come back was against KC it wasn't like Andrew didn't contribute MIGHTLY to the deficit himself. That NE game reminded me of Peyton early in his career against Belichek...just out coached....sure he made some big plays but he put us behind the eight ball with his first play of the game and of course our defense didn't help us out but if he plays a clean game....we still have a shot to win.

On the flip side....Russell Wilson had 3 games with no ints. Yes he lost a fumble early against SF but he was playing against the best defense in football (outside his own). He took care of the ball...and made a HUGE TD throw to Baldwell. I mean incredible! His rating was 104, throws for over 200yds and a td. Just great disciplined football. Turns around in the SB on the biggest stage and outplays Peyton...throws for over another 200yds....a ridiculous 123 qb rating and two more tds...and like 75% for the game passing. Had some timely scrambles..just played as well as any young qb could in the spot light. He drove his team right down the field and put points up the whole game. Defense and special teams scored 16pts of the 40 some....please...that offense dominated Denvers...and Wilson was brilliant. You go back to the Saints game and it was an ugly one...rainy and cold...nobody was going to pass in that weather well. Trust me not turning the ball over and letting the running game do its job is VERY important. Also the Saints had a really good defense. I just don't see how throwing for 48% and 4 ints and a passer rating of 53.....i mean even Andy Dalton played better against SD than that. I think Andrew is going to be great...but he put up a terrible performance against NE...and a spectacularly bad/good performance agianst KC. Don't know how that can be better than winning your team a SB and playing mistake free football. Wilson had a great season last year...he performed exactly how Seattle needed him too. Took care of the football...made big plays with his legs and arm when needed and was a GREAT vocal leader on the team. Why the hate....idk...what more could the guy do? Throw 60tds like Peyton? I mean his numbers weren't like he was just along for the ride....only a fool couldn't see how important he was to that team last year. I'm not going to say he is going to be better than Andrew or anything...but he had a better season...because he had good stats, wins, AND A SB. He did it all.

Carolina had literally the worst offensive line in football last season. They had a 3rd string LG & RG, & a backup RT. Carolina had a * poor running game. The QB & FB were more productive than the RB. Cam had 4 4th Q game-winning drives, the same # as Luck last season. The defense didn't "carry" Newton. Carolina's only legit WR was a 5'9 34 great old who was playing with a bum knee.

There's no need to make up a bunch of crap that isn't remotely true to make Luck look better.

Carolina's starting LG, RG, RT were all on IR by September.

LG Wharton- 33-year old FA who hasn't played in over a year due to a torn ACL

RG Chandler- defensive tackle who had never played offensive line in his life

RT Bell- undrafted Guard from a D-2 school

Stewart, the starting RB, only played 4 games due to injury. Williams played most games, & was very ineffective & on the wrong side of 30. Newton & fullback Tolbert carried the running game.

Carolina had one of the most mediocre receiving cores in the league.

Carolina had literally the worst offensive line in football last season. 

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but this is very false. And that's before you throw in the "literally" part.

Edit: Ryan Kalil, Jordan Gross and Travelle Wharton were very, very good last year, by virtually any metric. The other linemen had issues, and there was lots of movement because of that, but there's no way -- NO WAY -- the Panthers had the worst line in the league. And there's no way their line was worse than the Colts.

Russell Wilson had a very light load in the Super Bowl. No fault of his, and I'm not trying to knock him for it, but I wouldn't call it perfect. He was basically Trent Dilfer in the Saints game. And he made one play in the Niners game. He was never down 31-10, like the Colts were against the Chiefs before Luck committed a single turnover. Wilson did his job, and did it well. I just don't like the comparison, and I think his performance is a little over-inflated.

I understand where your coming from....but a BIG reason we were down was because of LUCK. So to me that Chiefs game was almost a push...despite his superman dive lol. I just disagree...he made timely critical plays against SF and Denver. He led them back against SF being down in the second half and kept his cool and delivered the biggest throw of the game. In the SB had he came out cold or nervous...Denver doesn't get hurt by the early defense....no..he leads his team right down and scored time and again. He was laser sharp...and nothing about his performance said this kid was out of his element. He had totaly confidence and control...and most importantly...didn't turn the ball over...didn't give Denver any life...didn't make bad passes and let Denver flip field position...and made all the plays asked of him. Sorry if I credit a guy for playing mistake free over one that turns the ball over not just once but 3 and 4 times in a game. I'm not saying Wilson had a Joe Flacco run....but lets not kid ourselves and think Luck was Joe Montana out there.

Random, inconsequential expletive!!! He had a perfectly mediocre SB performance...and his receivers made some HUGE plays against SF. It was the best by any qb in the playoffs by far....much better than 7 turnovers!

I fixed it for you.  Also, check out their total quarterback ratings...  It tells a more complete picture.

2013 playoffs:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/seasontype/3

2013 regular season:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Russel Wilson is still a game manager.

I understand where your coming from....but a BIG reason we were down was because of LUCK. So to me that Chiefs game was almost a push...despite his superman dive lol. 

Not in the Chiefs game. Luck didn't turn the ball over until the score was 31-10. 

I just disagree...he made timely critical plays against SF and Denver. He led them back against SF being down in the second half and kept his cool and delivered the biggest throw of the game. In the SB had he came out cold or nervous...Denver doesn't get hurt by the early defense....no..he leads his team right down and scored time and again. He was laser sharp...and nothing about his performance said this kid was out of his element. He had totaly confidence and control...and most importantly...didn't turn the ball over...didn't give Denver any life...didn't make bad passes and let Denver flip field position...and made all the plays asked of him. Sorry if I credit a guy for playing mistake free over one that turns the ball over not just once but 3 and 4 times in a game. I'm not saying Wilson had a Joe Flacco run....but lets not kid ourselves and think Luck was Joe Montana out there.

I just think you're giving Wilson a little too much credit, and giving Luck a little too much blame. I don't care too much who is ranked higher on this list, to be honest. 

Wilson's offensive line was terrible last year. It was missing two and sometimes three starters for much of the season and they were starting a rookie 7th round pick at RT and a journeyman guard at LT. Wilson's pass protection was dreadful and Lynch's productivity was also down quite a bit from 2012 in large part because of the problems with the OL. Wilson was also missing two of his top receivers (Harvin and Rice) and consistently faced tougher defenses than either of the other two.

All three QBs faced adversity of some sort during the season and all overcame it. Wilson had the better year statistically and earned a ring so there really shouldn't be much argument about him bring ranked higher this year. Like I said, next year might be different.