Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

nfl top 100

CR91

anyone upset that reggie ty vontae and freeman all didnt make the list or do you not care? also an interesting insight, theres only 7 qbs left peyton brady brees rodgers luck wilson and cam. luck can easily beat out cam and wilson which make luck a top 5 qb in the eyes of his peers after just two seasons

anyone upset that reggie ty vontae and freeman all didnt make the list or do you not care? also an interesting insight, theres only 7 qbs left peyton brady brees rodgers luck wilson and cam. luck can easily beat out cam and wilson which make luck a top 5 qb in the eyes of his peers after just two seasons

Only Luck and Mathis made the list this year.

Luck probably in the mid 20's.

Mathis early 10's. 

or he didn't make the list at all 0_0. back to reality now, I am kinda upset there hasn't been a single colt on the list yet. I kinda expected TY to be around 80 or 90. Oh well. Luck, Mathis....yeah that's about it.

Y

I don't mind reggie not being on there but TY Hilton, Freeman, Mathis and Vontae not being there is nonsense.

Looks like Luck gets in this week,   the 20's...

And Mathis likely next week,   the 10's....

And that's it.

I thought TYH might have a chance,  but once he didn't make the first 50, I didn't see him in the 2nd 50.

And remember,  this is the players voting,  not the media or the fans.....

I actually haven't been paying attention to it. Gronkowski shouldn't have made it either. That's a glitch, not a reason to throw Reggie in. JMO

The list is not a judgement of last year; it is a prediction of next year. There is no reason why a player coming off an injury couldn't make the list.

The list is not a judgement of last year; it is a prediction of next year. There is no reason why a player coming off an injury couldn't make the list.

I didn't think it was either.

I've always thought it was just a ranking by other players in the league, based on the simple criteria of who they think are the best players in the league. Not necessarily who was best last year or who will be best next year, or even who has had the best career. As such, it's incredibly subjective, and practically impossible to argue about whether a player should be included or not.

You're right about a player coming off of injury being able to make the list; Manning was 50th in 2012. So maybe I shouldn't be so quick to say that Reggie and Gronk shouldn't be on it. 

Fans like to see their team rated highly, but it's  better really to be underrated.  You want the Richard Shermans to come to town thinking TY Hilton is such a scrub; he wasn't even in the top 100.  And, you don't want TY himself thinking "I'm really great; number 15 this year," instead of scrambling up the mountain.

it's really not that surprising...not saying that they didn't deserve to be on the list...but it's not that surprising..annoying... yea ....btw does anyone know what that shock the world thing ty was talking about is all about?

I beleive it was that he dropped his agent that would have tried to suck the colts dry of money

Fans like to see their team rated highly, but it's better really to be underrated. You want the Richard Shermans to come to town thinking TY Hilton is such a scrub; he wasn't even in the top 100. And, you don't want TY himself thinking "I'm really great; number 15 this year," instead of scrambling up the mountain.

I don't think Sherman is gonna ever think of Hilton as a scrub lol.

I remember that but I coulda swore he said something nice about one of our WR? maybe it was TY?

Idk but I googled it, only thing that came up was Browner talking about Hilton's weight. I didn't really follow the pre-game stuff though so I'm not sure of everything Richard said.

Idk but I googled it, only thing that came up was Browner talking about Hilton's weight. I didn't really follow the pre-game stuff though so I'm not sure of everything Richard said.

ehhh oh well lol, ill just go back too Imagining people saying nice things about eachother

Don't care.  It means next to nothing.

I think Sherman said something like " Ohhhhhhh Shiiiiiiiiii" when T.Y was a blur running past him. 

I hate this NFL Top 100 thing. Nobody can explain what the criteria is. Ask one "expert" or player and they will say "it's based on last season." Ask another and it's "oh, it's based on career." It's all messed up, hence Peyton being #50 something the year he didn't even step on the field. 

The Top 100 Players for 2014 as voted on by the players. OK!

Reggie wasn`t running a lot of "great routes" last season, like he USED to. He was floating into openings in the zones with Andrew looking for him all to often.
 No, Reggie shouldn`t be a top 100 for 2014. More like 2nd to 3rd top WR on his team.

Freeman was definitely very productive last season, but i believe he will be targeted often to come out on 3rd downs. So... ?

I think Vontae will earn a top 100 for 2015. Unfortunately, in his "INCONSISTENT season ;) " he gave up ONE more TD reception than Patrick Peterson so No top 100 for Vontae.   

Personally, i didn`t think he was "inconsistent". He just got Smoked by some SMALL guys with elite speed/quickness, and i believe he played at least one week with a tight hammy or something.

And neither of his safeties, ...  well, some know.

An improving Andrew with more time, and TY should have more than last seasons 5 Td`s. So the 2015 list is a good possibility.

With a Big Colts defensive turnaround, Arthur Jones maybe in 2015.
 All JMO of course.

Fans like to see their team rated highly, but it's  better really to be underrated.  You want the Richard Shermans to come to town thinking TY Hilton is such a scrub; he wasn't even in the top 100.  And, you don't want TY himself thinking "I'm really great; number 15 this year," instead of scrambling up the mountain.

I'm pretty sure neither of them thank that.

These lists things have some merit but people clamoring about TY not being on there, just wait.  With Luck and him working more together, good things will come.

No. TY and Vontae are too inconsistent to be on the top 100.

Freeman is a average starting linebacker which is good considering we got him as a UDFA but that's all he is.

Reggie wasn't there because of injury.

I would argue a guy with 270 tackles 7 sacks and three picks in his first two seasons in the league is far better than average. Not that i necessarily think he should have been in the top 100

No.  TY and Vontae are too inconsistent to be on the top 100.  

Freeman is a average starting linebacker which is good considering we got him as a UDFA but that's all he is.

Reggie wasn't there because of injury.

120+ tackles and 5.5 sacks (led all MLBs in that catagory BTW), plus tied for 3rd in FF (only behind Mathis and Quinn)...Thats average? To me that shows hes one of the best pass rushers and turnover machines at his position. Which in my opinion makes him one of the better MLBs in the league. But I guess if you dont want to take sacks, turnovers, tackles, picks, hustle or leadership into account, then by all means call him "average".