Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

does chud put pep in hot water

CR91

I still dont have a clue what is the job of rod chudzinski, but what I do know is chud and pagano have ties all the way back to miami. pep I believe was brought in more for luck then really it being pagano's decision. will this cause a rift between pep and pagano

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still dont have a clue what is the job of rod chudzinski, but what I do know is chud and pagano have ties all the way back to miami. pep I believe was brought in more for luck then really it being pagano's decision. will this cause a rift between pep and pagano

As I said before.  Chud is basically a consultant.

Chud is too talented to not at least get an OC job in an open market.

The problem is that he was fired when pretty much everyone had filled out their coaching position. . . so the market was not open it was closed.  

So we hired Chud as a "special assistant" to come in, have another mind in the room and give us some ideas for one year before he takes off and gets another job elsewhere.  

He's basically a consultant and he will be gone next year because he will have another job.  The only way he doesn't leave is if Pep leaves for another job then Chud could be hired as our OC.  But Pep's job is secure and Chud's hiring isn't an attempt to push Pep or make him feel uncomfortable.  It's just to get an outsiders view on the situation here, give us some ideas and get a talented mind in the room for one year.

The problem is that he was fired when pretty much everyone had filled out their coaching position. . . so the market was not open it was closed.  

So we hired Chud as a "special assistant" to come in, have another mind in the room and give us some ideas for one year before he takes off and gets another job elsewhere.  

He's basically a consultant and he will be gone next year because he will have another job.

unless they fire pep which is the idea behind this thread

unless they fire pep which is the idea behind this thread

If that was on the table they would have fired Pep already.

This is what happens when coaches are let go late in the game.  They get a job as a consultant for a team for a little while until they are hired back into a regular coaching position.

I think he is only going to help!!

Although Pep has already started changing some and said we are now a "score first" offense. And hey if Pep makes better play calls when he is in "hot water" then let's keep him there!!

I think he is only going to help!!

Although Pep has already started changing some and said we are now a "score first" offense. And hey if Pep makes better play calls when he is in "hot water" then let's keep him there!!

Yeah, it always works for Tom Coughlin. Lol.

If that was on the table they would have fired Pep already.

This is what happens when coaches are let go late in the game.  They get a job as a consultant for a team for a little while until they are hired back into a regular coaching position.

well do you really want luck to learn a third offense in three years

You arn't going to hold onto a guy that you think is ineffective just because you don't want your QB to learn a new offense.

Offensively i think we did fine really.  

well with the type of talent we have this year, fine isnt gonna cut it. I just think this might be a sign of things to come

well with the type of talent we have this year, fine isnt gonna cut it. I just think this might be a sign of things to come

If we don't experience comparable injuries this year and arn't better on offense then I would agree with you. Most of our big injuries came to starters on offense last year.  

2012 offense and 2013 offense are an interesting comparison.  More yards in 2012. . . slightly more points in 2013.  Way less turnovers in 2013.  

Looking at the team statistics I can't find anything that says Pep is way worse then BA.  Especially when you consider the loss of weapons Pep had to deal with.  

BA also didn't have to deal with DHB.  

I swear no one is ever happy with their coordinators.  

If we arn't better on offense this year then we were last year then I would agree with you.  Most of our big injuries came to starters on offense last year.  

2012 offense and 2013 offense are an interesting comparison.  More yards in 2012. . . slightly more points in 2013.  Way less turnovers in 2013.  

Looking at the team statistics I can't find anything that says Pep is way worse then BA.  Especially when you consider the loss of weapons Pep had to deal with.  

can we really compare pep and BA? BA was working with a lot of rookies and first year players

Nope, Highly unlikely Im sure, Chud held the same position with the Chargers in 2009 and 2010, I am thinking Chud was hired for a couple reasons:

1.His history with Trent Richardson and his ability to possibly help install a couple plays here and there that Trent should be familiar with from his days as a Brown

2.Chud had Cleveland the 13th best passing offense....With the merry go round of Jason Campbell(Who is not terrible but doesn't have an extensive history of success as a starter)...Brandon Weeden......Alex Tanney

3.He has coached TE's who have had plenty of success when healthy in Kellen Winslow and Antonio Gates

can we really compare pep and BA? BA was working with a lot of rookies and first year players

I think considering the injuries we experienced Pep had the tougher assignment.  

8 games without Wayne and we replaced him with DHB and later Da'Rick Rodgers.  2012 Wayne is better then 2013 Da'Rick Rodgers and way better then DHB is or ever was.

For that matter Donnie Avery > DHB

'12 Allen > '13 Coby Fleener . . . (Fleener in '13 has slightly more receptions and receiving yards then '12 Allen  But way more targets and he's not the blocker Allen was/is)

'13 Brown may have been better then '12 Ballard but it took the Colts 3/4ths of the season to start him.  

The only other advantage that Pep had was '13 Cherilus > '12 Justice

I think considering the injuries we experienced Pep had the tougher assignment.

8 games without Wayne and we replaced him with DHB and later Da'Rick Rodgers. 2012 Wayne is better then 2013 Da'Rick Rodgers and way better then DHB is or ever was.

For that matter Donnie Avery > DHB

'12 Allen > '13 Coby Fleener . . . (Fleener in '13 has slightly more receptions and receiving yards then '12 Allen But way more targets and he's not the blocker Allen was/is)

'13 Brown may have been better then '12 Ballard but it took the Colts 3/4ths of the season to start him.

The only other advantage that Pep had was '13 Cherilus > '12 Justice

he also had a qb with a full season and otas under his belt

I sometimes wonder if Chud was hired as a backup insurance policy in case Pep got plucked from our coaching staff. 

I really don't want Pep going anywhere. I still think Pep and Chud should be locked in a room for 8 hours and pick each other's brains and come up with plays that play to our strengths. 

Nope, Highly unlikely Im sure, Chud held the same position with the Chargers in 2009 and 2010, I am thinking Chud was hired for a couple reasons:

1.His history with Trent Richardson and his ability to possibly help install a couple plays here and there that Trent should be familiar with from his days as a Brown

2.Chud had Cleveland the 13th best passing offense....With the merry go round of Jason Campbell(Who is not terrible but doesn't have an extensive history of success as a starter)...Brandon Weeden......Alex Tanney

3.He has coached TE's who have had plenty of success when healthy in Kellen Winslow and Antonio Gates

Chudzinski has very little history with Richardson

I don't think it will bother Pep at all. Always has to be a conspiracy with a couple here.

The old chant...."Oh NO Pep must go"  Makes me ill.

Just hire Chud and have T-Rich learn his 4th system in 3 years....truly a great way to get better...URRGH!

1427225248_1382022729.png

I still dont have a clue what is the job of rod chudzinski, but what I do know is chud and pagano have ties all the way back to miami. pep I believe was brought in more for luck then really it being pagano's decision. will this cause a rift between pep and pagano

tennant-no.gif

the only one who can put Pep in hot water is Pep if he keeps running into brick walls when we have weapons all over the field I would hope the water heats up but as of now no.

He isn't responsible for the injuries that happened last year it took him a little to long to figure out he needed to change things but his first year all those injuries lets see what he can do with a better understanding of the NFL and with all these weapons.

If we don't experience comparable injuries this year and arn't better on offense then I would agree with you. Most of our big injuries came to starters on offense last year.  

BA also didn't have to deal with DHB.  

I swear no one is ever happy with their coordinators.  

It should be noted that it was also his first year as an NFL coordinator. I'm assuming it takes awhile to figure out what works and what doesn't. Imagine scheming for USC one year, then staring across the sideline at Bill Belichick the next. That's trial by fire, and considering all of the injuries, I'd say he did a fine job.

At this moment,  there's no reason to believe Pep is in any hot water.

He might at some point this year,  but as of today -- no.   He should be fine.

For the record,  I'm not at all happy to read that Chud and Pep have basically not had any meetings to talk offensive philosophy and that Chud has spent most of his time with the defense and the special teams.    That doesn't please me at all.

But,  for now,  Pep should be fine.

And while I think we're likely to open the season 0-2,  I don't expect the problem to be the offense, I expect our problem the first two weeks to be our defense.

At this moment, there's no reason to believe Pep is in any hot water.

He might at some point this year, but as of today -- no. He should be fine.

For the record, I'm not at all happy to read that Chud and Pep have basically not had any meetings to talk offensive philosophy and that Chud has spent most of his time with the defense and the special teams. That doesn't please me at all.

But, for now, Pep should be fine.

And while I think we're likely to open the season 0-2, I don't expect the problem to be the offense, I expect our problem the first two weeks to be our defense.

We're not starting 0-2. And that has nothing to do with the never losing back-to-back games feat, just not gonna happen

Eagles aren't beating us. They have a lot of you fooled, not as good as they looked last year. Foles now has tape on him. I expect a lot of what happened in the Saints game to happen to Foles this season. LeSean McCoy isn't gonna carry that team. Losing Jackson is gonna hurt them more than Chip thinks

We're not starting 0-2. And that has nothing to do with the never losing back-to-back games feat, just not gonna happen

Eagles aren't beating us. They have a lot of you fooled, not as good as they looked last year. Foles now has tape on him. I expect a lot of what happened in the Saints game to happen to Foles this season. LeSean McCoy isn't gonna carry that team. Losing Jackson is gonna hurt them more than Chip thinks

Believe me when I say I hope you're right, TK....      I really do.

Starting 0-2 is not something I want.      I'd be plenty happy to be wrong on this one!

He's basically a consultant and he will be gone next year because he will have another job.  The only way he doesn't leave is if Pep leaves for another job then Chud could be hired as our OC.  But Pep's job is secure and Chud's hiring isn't an attempt to push Pep or make him feel uncomfortable.  It's just to get an outsiders view on the situation here, give us some ideas and get a talented mind in the room for one year.

Yes, it is that Simple Valpo. Not sure a Caveman can get it but...

I'll never understand why you all feel Pep is getting replaced or has warranted the need to replace him.

Please explain to me what he's done to warrant his replacing?

Because Pep played Satele, McGlynn,Thornton, Link, DHB.

Because his play calling got Reggie, Allen, Thomas, Bradshaw, & Ballard hurt.

Because it was therefore his Fault we traded a #1 for a guy who can`t find a hole.

Off with his... lol

Because Pep played Satele, McGlynn,Thornton, Link, DHB.

Because his play calling got Reggie, Allen, Thomas, Bradshaw, & Ballard hurt.

Because it was therefore his Fault we traded a #1 for a guy who can`t find a hole.

Off with his... lol

You really should use emoticons.....  

Otherwise,  some people here will think you're serious.....

I sometimes wonder if Chud was hired as a backup insurance policy in case Pep got plucked from our coaching staff. 

I really don't want Pep going anywhere. I still think Pep and Chud should be locked in a room for 8 hours and pick each other's brains and come up with plays that play to our strengths. 

This makes sense.  Plus the Colts don't seem like the type of organization that would hire someone to, in essence, say, "Here is your replacement if you screw up."

I also think Pagano did it to help Chud.  I think he(Chud) learned in his 1st year as a HC he was a bit overwhelmed so Pagano is getting someone that can help with the HC duties while at the same time mentoring Chud for when his next HC opportunity comes along.  Same way a manager will hire an asst. mgr.