Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Else Do You Want To Pursue?

bavanlan

I think I'm in the 'Mack or Bust' group at this point.

I'd take some players on a one-year deal like Nicks if they came up or if they were willing to sign below market value, but there's really no one left out there that I'd take at market value.

At this point I would like to focus on OLine.  We didn't make any progress in creating depth.

Like everyone else, I want Mack.

If we can't get Mack we should bring in young players to compete

Options: Phil Costa (signed), Ryan Wendell (Sleeper), Brian Puente

Dominique Rodgers cromartie would be an excellent CB to get on the other side of Davis if we can't get Mack first

You realize DRC turned down 5 years 54 million dollars from the broncos iirc? Think he's worth north of that?

If we got Mack for a fair price (won't happen) I'd be happy being done. I'd like to get Montgomery and maybe a NT or realy anyone the FO is interested in for cheap. Then a safety in the draft hoping a good one falls to is in the 2nd or 3rd.

I also wouldn't mind if we went after a guy like Cromartie to play opposite Vontae.

Good call.  He'd fall into that "I'd take some players on a one-year deal like Nicks if they came up or if they were willing to sign below market value" camp.

Good call.  He'd fall into that "I'd take some players on a one-year deal like Nicks if they came up or if they were willing to sign below market value" camp.

Yeah I just don't know about Toler, he can't stay healthy and even when he is he's just not all that great. It'd be nice to find a more reliable number 2 corner.

Which is why we can get him cheap.

I guess, but he would be very short term. I would rather Grigson go out and get De La Puente or even Mack if possible. With center being our biggest area of need heading into this offseason, I don't think we have to go cheap, especially still having almost $14 million of cap space.

I guess, but he would be very short term. I would rather Grigson go out and get De La Puente or even Mack if possible. With center being our biggest area of need heading into this offseason, I don't think we have to go cheap, especially still having almost $14 million of cap space.

I would prefer Mack but I assumed this topic was if we didn't get Mack.

Anthony Spencer OLB

Jonathan Goodwin C

Walter Thurmond CB

Charles Woodson FS

Think all may be reasonable except maybe Thurmond.

I totally forgot about Spencer. He couldn't be too expensive at this juncture and is a proven 3-4 OLB. Thurmond also shouldn't cost too much considering his character/drug concerns. I would not mind at all taking some of the scraps from the cornerback factory that is Seattle. 

Need another corner to give us the extra time to get to the QB. Mathis needs help and a few actual coverage sacks would blow our minds...never seen them before.

Reminds me of a big bang cartoon I once saw mocking Jay Cutler traded to the Bears. The delivery guys were perplexed. "What is this? A quarterback? What and the heck is a quarterback?"

Yeah, coverage sacks would make me feel this way too.

I totally forgot about Spencer. He couldn't be too expensive at this juncture and is a proven 3-4 OLB. Thurmond also shouldn't cost too much considering his character/drug concerns. I would not mind at all taking some of the scraps from the cornerback factory that is Seattle.

Don't need another nickel corner

You realize DRC turned down 5 years 54 million dollars from the broncos iirc? Think he's worth north of that?

He ain't worth that much, but is there anybody left to bring in. Hopefully Delano H. or Sergio Brown can step up??

T. Wharton would solidify the line if we are going to be stuck with Holmes or Costa at center.  Thurmond would be a 100% improvement over Toler. who could be moved to dime.   As far as safety is concerned I hope grigs can wheel in deal to the top of the 2nd and get pryor or Reynolds.

Vince Wilfork him at NT with Chap would be amazing. 

our run D would improve ten fold with him and arthur jones 

I agree with you on that a 100%. If we could stop the run,then we can make teams throw the ball and get those pick 6's!!

I think I'm in the 'Mack or Bust' group at this point.

I'd take some players on a one-year deal like Nicks if they came up or if they were willing to sign below market value, but there's really no one left out there that I'd take at market value.

Here is a good CB you don't think about Carlos Rogers was a cap cut from SF is still good and I bet he could be the colts number 2 corner.