Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do we have the best receiving corps in the league?

bestQBever

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. No, we do not. Detroit, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, off the top of my head, are better (based on past production). Maybe we have among the most well-rounded set of receiving options, once you include our TEs and backs who are excellent receiving options. 

If Nicks and Wayne are their old selves, then, yeah, maybe, considering we have two borderline top-10 TEs, plus Richardson, for all his faults, was very effective out of the backfield.

I'm not sure I would say right now that we have the best receiving corps, but I would say we've got the potential to be the best when all is said and done this season.

if not, where do we stand after the nicks signing?

btw, I just found a 24 minute highlight reel on hakeem nicks......

Looks like Landry was going for a knockout shot at 1:50, missed him totally. Hopefully we're done seeing that.

No. No, we do not. Detroit, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, off the top of my head, are better (based on past production). Maybe we have among the most well-rounded set of receiving options, once you include our TEs and backs who are excellent receiving options.

Tampa?

Tampa Bay? lmao. VJax is overrated (13.33 drop rate last year, ranked 82 of 94 qualifiers), Mike Williams was hurt last year -- new regime not sold on him, and they have no one else after those two.

Calvin is better than wayne right now by far, but after that it isn't close. Tate isn't near Hilton's level, and I don't even know who their #3 is. Tampa Bay isn't even close. I say we have the 2nd best in the league behind a completely healthy atlanta falcons receving corps. 

Tampa?

Tampa Bay? lmao. VJax is overrated (13.33 drop rate last year, ranked 82 of 94 qualifiers), Mike Williams was hurt last year -- new regime not sold on him, and they have no one else after those two.

I've never been a big Vincent Jackson fan, but he's actually been more productive with the carousel of QBs in Tampa than he was in San Diego. And Josh McCown is used to throwing to big receivers like him in Chicago (which reminds me, I forgot Chicago in the list). And Mike Williams is a dangerous complement to Jackson. Yes, he was hurt last year, unlike our receivers. Wait...

Calvin is better than wayne right now by far, but after that it isn't close. Tate isn't near Hilton's level, and I don't even know who their #3 is. Tampa Bay isn't even close. I say we have the 2nd best in the league behind a completely healthy atlanta falcons receving corps. 

You underestimate Golden Tate, but whatever. I'd rather have Calvin Johnson than our two best receivers, TY and whoever else. Given Reggie's injury, we don't even know what he'll play like, which is why the Nicks signing is such a good one for us. 

See my post above about Tampa.

And I forgot to mention Chicago.

Could be.

Reggie will still catch 60+ balls, mostly in the slot.

Nicks if healthy or close to it should hit 1000+ yards with Luck and 8+ TDs.

TY will get 1000+ again with 6-8 TDs.

Allen imo is going to hit 600-800 yards and 4-5 TDs.

Fleener's production will decrease this year with the addition of Nicks and Allen, but he'll still get his.

Tampa? No they dont

I've never been a big Vincent Jackson fan, but he's actually been more productive with the carousel of QBs in Tampa than he was in San Diego. And Josh McCown is used to throwing to big receivers like him in Chicago (which reminds me, I forgot Chicago in the list). And Mike Williams is a dangerous complement to Jackson. Yes, he was hurt last year, unlike our receivers. Wait...

Well, even if you want to argue that their top guys are better than our top guys ( I would argue they aren't) they have absolutely nobody behind them and nobody at TE.

How can you possibly defend that.. VJax has no hands or speed, Mike Williams has fallen off a cliff they have no TE to speak of and who's their slot WR? Flattop from NE?

See my post above, I've already defended it.

And if it makes you feel better, replace Tampa with Chicago, who I should have included to begin with.

No, he's just not good.

We praised Dwayne Allen for his rookie campaign, and granted, he's a much better blocker and all around player than Tim Wright. But with worse quarterbacking and fewer passing attempts, Tim Wright outproduced Allen's rookie season, as a rookie himself.

Tampa calls up right now and offers you VJax, Mike Williams, and Tim Wright for Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Hakeem Nicks, Dwayne Allen, and Coby Fleener.

You take that deal? Don't factor in contracts.

Not a chance, Jackson alone is  not THAT far behind Reggie in age, then we would be losing out on 2 passing catching TE's and a young wr who is damn good when healthy

No obvious #1 would be the only contention I'd have. 

Maybe not the best, (Denver is pretty obvious here) but in the conversation for most depth.

Wow, I forgot about Denver. Even without Decker, they are ahead of us.

And I hope everyone understands, I like our receivers, especially now that we have Nicks. Great addition. I just don't think we have "the best" receiving corps in the league.

They have an inconsistent/overrated VJax and Mike Williams (who I really like but has become trouble off the field) but then they have nothing at all. We now have 3 very good WRs.

I know you were just coming up with teams off the top of your head but Tampa is a really bad example.