Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do we have the best receiving corps in the league?

bestQBever

if not, where do we stand after the nicks signing?

btw, I just found a 24 minute highlight reel on hakeem nicks......

If Nicks can play like this...!!!!!  Man we'd win alot more of those close games that we couldn't pull out last year.  Having Eli throwing to him then...and now Andy!!!   Man the Lumbardi will be ours!!  Go Colts!! Aloha...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Denver has the best, and signing Sanders in place of Decker only makes them stronger. They like to move Welker around a lot, and without Decker, Wes would have had to play Slot. Now Sanders can play slot and play wideout. Equally adept at both in Pitt. Makes them the best. Now if Reggie and Nicks are healthy, we are the deepest! Even if Reggie is not 100%, is Nicks is healthy, we still are the deepest, when you count the TE's and Trent out of the backfield.

No, Reggie is old and coming off ACL. I'm not doubting Reggie or slighting him in any way, but show me another 35 year-old wr coming off an ACL tear that has been an integral part of "the best receiving corps in the league."

This, of course is not the main reason. Nicks is not nearly as good as you hope him to be.

No, Reggie is old and coming off ACL. I'm not doubting Reggie or slighting him in any way, but show me another 35 year-old wr coming off an ACL tear that has been an integral part of "the best receiving corps in the league."

This, of course is not the main reason. Nicks is not nearly as good as you hope him to be.

The reality is that we don't know how good Nicks will be.  Can he be the guy that was dominant in the Giants last SB win or is he the injured WR of the past two years?  He had an awful QB this past season There's no question he was once a true #1.  He has good size and good hands - if he's healthy and motivated - he's what we need

The reality is that we don't know how good Nicks will be.  Can he be the guy that was dominant in the Giants last SB win or is he the injured WR of the past two years?  He had an awful QB this past season There's no question he was once a true #1.  He has good size and good hands - if he's healthy and motivated - he's what we need

I won't disagree with that statement. I just don't think anyone could claim our receiving corps to be the best in the league, not with the things I've mentioned.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Too young. Nowadays, 71 is like being 51. Way too young.
    • I think he just needs to stay healthy. If he can do that and not regress fans will love him. 
    • He's a top 10 RT in the league when healthy, so why would you want him to move back to guard?
    • Untouchables have to be Haliburton, Turner, Siakam, Nembhard, and McConnell. Nesmith and Toppin, even maybe Mathurin in a deal with those guys could bring another all-star here. All 3 are young and good.
    • There's a lot of questions on what this team will look like next year. A lot of people are returning, but some could be used in trades if we go after, say, Paul George)   Returning Depth Chart:(under contract) PG: Haliburton, McConnell  SG: Nembhard, Mathurin, Sheppard  SF: Nesmith, Brown PF: Walker C: Turner, Jackson     Free Agents: Pascal Siakam(most likely to stay, but cost a lot $40m+) ** Doug McDermott(would like back at 2yr $10m range) James Johnson(vet min) Jalen Smith (player) - might elect to see if he can get more than $5.4m on open market  Obi Toppin (restricted)- could be expensive to retain/ potential S+T possibilities  Oscar Tshiebwe (restricted)(vet min) Quenton Jackson (restricted)(vet min) Isaiah Wong (restricted)(vet min)         So here is where the problem lays. Indy is small market, I think there is almost no chance we will go into the tax. So here is how that is looking.   1st Apron Tax Cap Space:(including $5.4m PO for Smith) $64m   **Siakam - Siakam should start around $42.6 million and could be 5yrs, $247.1m or 4yrs, $190.8 million.(This was based off of $142m, think they are looking at $141m now so could lower a bit. Not much.   So Pascal will probably most likely cost around $42.6m next season     That brings our 1st Apron Space to: $21.4m   Toppin (RFA tender $8-$10m)(more than likely will receive an offer bigger than that) Tshiebwe, Wong + Jackson - $5.6m   Down to $5.8-$7.8m in 1st Apron Space: (2 open roster spots)   McDermott? - $5m? Johnson? - $2m?     Going to be interesting, and is fast approaching.     Trade Pieces: Siakam (S+T, if can't agree on contract?) Toppin(S+T) Smith (if he picks up PO) Nesmith We also have (3) 2nd round picks and future 1st.
  • Members

• G8R

G8R 54

• Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 959

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,439

• twfish

twfish 1,941

• Dark Superman

Dark Superman 1,785

• Creekside