Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign DT/DE Arthur Jones

HarassedOffTheSite

This is because Laron Landry and Bethea are absolutely terrible. Landry isn't good at anything besides making a big hit occasionally. But Jackson should help in run support. He's not Angerer. The sooner we cut Landry, the better though.

Landry is not as bad as everyone is making him seem, He was definately one of the better tackling DB's we had. He is a safety that plays in the box and was asked to cover more than usual that isnt his strong suit. pair him with a true cover safety you will see what a dramatic improvement that makes.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Landry is not as bad as everyone is making him seem, He was definately one of the better tackling DB's we had. He is a safety that plays in the box and was asked to cover more than usual that isnt his strong suit. pair him with a true cover safety you will see what a dramatic improvement that makes.

He's a hitter, not a tackler. Of course you want your SS to be like a Kam Chancelor and lay the wood on guys, but Kam can also tackle. Landry was terrible at tackling after awhile. How many times did a WR or RB run right past him for a big gain because he couldn't make the tackle? Because I can think of a ton off the top of my head.

He's a hitter, not a tackler. Of course you want your SS to be like a Kam Chancelor and lay the wood on guys, but Kam can also tackle. Landry was terrible at tackling after awhile. How many times did a WR or RB run right past him for a big gain because he couldn't make the tackle? Because I can think of a ton off the top of my head.

He was the 11th highest paid safety in the league, coming off of a Pro Bowl season. No, he wasn't outstanding for us, but he wasn't terrible either. And his $6m/year is hardly "outrageous." 

I like Jones and think he'll be a good pick up. He will take snaps away from Redding and thats fine because Redding was beginning to show his age last season.

Meh, If Jones is signed it likely just means Matthews days are numbered(doubt he makes it out of TC on the roster) and my guess is Ricky Jean Francois will be the one behind Jones in my opinion

Meh, If Jones is signed it likely just means Matthews days are numbered(doubt he makes it out of TC on the roster) and my guess is Ricky Jean Francois will be the one behind Jones in my opinion

We'll see, but I doubt it. RJF is a good player despite what some here think. I'm sure Jones will take some of RJF's snaps but the majority will be in Redding's place IMO. Redding has been a little injury prone and is aging quickly, I noticed a pretty big difference from 2012 to 2013 in his play and when players his age have such a noticeable drop off in play that quickly...it's keeps going downhill fairly fast.

Yes I agree with you Gavin no way they allow redding snaps to be limited.  Jones is a starter.

Meh, If Jones is signed it likely just means Matthews days are numbered(doubt he makes it out of TC on the roster) and my guess is Ricky Jean Francois will be the one behind Jones in my opinion

I wouldn't like that I think RJF can be pretty good he was coming along till he got hurt. Like to see him keep his spot

We'll see, but I doubt it. RJF is a good player despite what some here think. I'm sure Jones will take some of RJF's snaps but the majority will be in Redding's place IMO. Redding has been a little injury prone and is aging quickly, I noticed a pretty big difference from 2012 to 2013 in his play and when players his age have such a noticeable drop off in play that quickly...it's keeps going downhill fairly fast.

Yeah I'm hoping we don't take snaps from RJF I like him think he will be good out there with jones

I'm with you balzer. Jones on one side with RJF on the other. Will keep redding more fresh and rested and cut down wear and tear and injuries. Plus gives us more freedom to switch between 3/4 & 4/3

Yeah I'm hoping we don't take snaps from RJF I like him think he will be good out there with jones

I have no idea how, but I'm all out of likes and haven't used a single one since yesterday afternoon so I guess I have to resort the the old +1 tactic.

I'm with you balzer. Jones on one side with RJF on the other. Will keep redding more fresh and rested and cut down wear and tear and injuries. Plus gives us more freedom to switch between 3/4 & 4/3

+1

I've read a few things about Jones possibly playing NT? Anyone got anything on that?

Think he can slide over but don't think we're bringing him in to play NT. Wow, I just blew my own mind thinking about all the possible line ups from the 3-4 to the 4-3 with RJF, Hughes, jones, redding and champman mind=blown

Jones and RJF will be the starters with Redding as a backup. Redding will get a lot of snaps though. I would also like to see Hughes become the starting NT.

I think these guys'll all be rotating in and out of different positions on the line based on the down & distance. Jones, RJF & Hughes will all get time at NT & End.

Yes to some extent but I dont think Jones would be used as that player to spell Redding.  More or less matthews would be used in that case

Matthews probably will not be back. IMO Jones will start with RJF as the DE's. It doesn't matter a whole lot because they rotate so much but at this point in their respective career's, Jones should be starting over Redding.

Jones and RJF will be the starters with Redding as a backup. Redding will get a lot of snaps though. I would also like to see Hughes become the starting NT.

Maybe I'm not quite understanding the 3-4 thing but wouldn't it make sense to have Redding and Jones start?  

Maybe I'm not quite understanding the 3-4 thing but wouldn't it make sense to have Redding and Jones start?  

Yeah, but Redding is getting older, and it would be best for him at this point. RJF was pretty good last year when he was on the field, but like others have stated, it doesn't matter much who starts because they will all rotate in and out frequently.