Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign DT/DE Arthur Jones

HarassedOffTheSite

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arthur Jones pass rush numbers are much better than any other DE we have. There is a reason we are going after him. Its a long season and aging vets like Cory Redding are bound to get tired and we need a deep rotation, Arthur Jones gives us that and that will have a ripple effect on the efficiency of the other DL.

Besides, I felt it was our LBs and safeties that were more responsible for our run D woes than our DL. The role of our DL was to play stalemate so that our 4 LBs and/or safeties can finish the job. We got enough stalemates at the line of scrimmage but our LBs and safeties either took wrong angles or gaps or gave up yards after contact more often than we wanted them to, at least that is what I felt.

If we want tackles for losses more often, it will still mostly come from an LB or safety shooting the gap in our 2-gap system. Or play a 1-gap every now and then with your DTs, like Broncos did with Pot Roast which led to some tackles for loss vs the same Blount we had trouble with.

This is because Laron Landry and Bethea are absolutely terrible. Landry isn't good at anything besides making a big hit occasionally. But Jackson should help in run support. He's not Angerer. The sooner we cut Landry, the better though.

This is because Laron Landry and Bethea are absolutely terrible. Landry isn't good at anything besides making a big hit occasionally. But Jackson should help in run support. He's not Angerer. The sooner we cut Landry, the better though.

If we pair Landry with a real FS then he will get alot better him and Bethea together sucks

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 12, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 12, 2014 - quoting removed post

The single most clueless post thus far about Arthur Jones. Just wow.

It was in reference to Terrance Cody...when GoColts and I were talking about taking all of the Baltimore players.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 12, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 12, 2014 - quoting removed post

The single most clueless post thus far about Arthur Jones. Just wow.

He was talking about mt Cody ;)

Late to the show, saw you guys already figured it out

so i dont think its gonnab e the first one but i think we might go for Miami FS Clemons. no source, just a hunch on my part

I have the same feeling. If we could land Jones and Clemons, and re-sign Davis I would call it a successful free agency.

I'd much rather have a premier D Lineman at 6-7 mil than a premier DB at 10-11 mil.

Grigson inks AV and lets Vontae walk, that'll be about 8 or 9 to 0 in good/bad decisions so far!!!

Darn...I love it when the professional football executives act like professional football executives.