HarassedOffTheSite

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grade from walterfootball

Colts sign DE/DT Arthur Jones (5 years, $33M; $16M guaranteed): A- Grade 
I usually like to chide Ryan Grigson for overspending in free agency, but I like this move. Obtaining Arthur Jones makes sense for many reasons. First, Jones played under Chuck Pagano in Baltimore, so there won't be any sort of scheme transition for him. Second, Jones fills a huge need on the defensive line, as Indianapolis desperately needed an upgrade. And third, Jones was the top 3-4 defensive end available on the market. 

Given all of those things, a 5-year, $33 million deal for a talented player like Jones almost seems like a bargain. 

Just by reading some of what Jones had to say in his responses I've read to questions he's been asked about coming to the Colts, I really like this guy. Sounds like he has a great attitude and really wants to be here too. I saw a tweet which I can't coppy here because posting via my phone right now. But when Jones was asked what position on the line he's looking to play, he responded with " I come as a humble servant, Ill play wherever they need me too." That says a lot to me already right there. Sounds like a Colt to me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He's so explosive, I think they will find ways to get him on the field early, if he hasn't won the #2 spot by then.   4 WR sets, Mitchell and Pierce on outside, Pittman and Downs inside.   Maybe throw a 5 WR set out there with Gould (since this is his thread, lol)   I agree though, I don't think he will want to play behind someone for long. I actually like Pierce, but I anticipate Mitchell passing him up sooner than later, as long as he shows some maturity and gets to work.   Pierce definitely has a leg up early, being in the system for a year already.
    • No doubt, think there are very few top 53 spots to be earned. Will be a hard team to make. Ballard discussed that last night in presser. See below.   I do however, think QB#3 is up for grabs. Ehlinger is old regime and in contact year. Imagine Steichen wants his own guys in there to grow and learn, with 4 years on rookie deal left.   Same way with LBer, I think there are a couple spots there that can be had, especially if you can cover somebody.   As far as bench press reps, not too concerned about it. Leonard only had 17. If he can play some coverage, he will have a shot.     Abraham really just has 1 guy to beat out, Lammons for the backup nickel. Unless they think he can play outside more, then he would also have a chance at 4th outside CB.   I don't think there's anywhere for Laulu. Imagine the plan for him is to get him in the building and to the practice squad this season.     Look forward to going over all groups and really narrowing it down. Locks, position battles and outside players to add.       Post Draft presser:  
    • I want to see how he responds bc he doesn't seem like the type to take it well being behind another player for long.
    • We have all 22 starters returning, and I think we just improved two spots on day 1 with the first two picks.  Depth possibility improved with the rest of the draft.   So on paper, that’s an excellent draft.  Of course we can’t give it a real grade until we see them play.     Now bring in a veteran CB and Safety!
    • Bottom line is we weren't having a good season because Luck retired and Ebron just plain QUIT, it was good riddance then and he needs to keep his mouth shut now. Just my opinion.
  • Members

• Fingers

Fingers 0

Rookie
    • CoachLite

CoachLite 1,200

• James

James 875

• Pat Curtis

Pat Curtis 95

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,597