Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign DT/DE Arthur Jones

HarassedOffTheSite

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, If Jones is signed it likely just means Matthews days are numbered(doubt he makes it out of TC on the roster) and my guess is Ricky Jean Francois will be the one behind Jones in my opinion

I more than highly doubt it.  I agree with Balzer.  Redding's role will be reduced and Jones will get the starts at DE with RJF still listed as the starter at DT.

I've read a few things about Jones possibly playing NT? Anyone got anything on that?

Jones, Hughes and even RJF probably could in a limited role but I doubt that's the main purpose for any of them.  

Why does RJF deserve to start? Redding was much better.

They don't necessarily play the same position nor have the same responsibilities.

I more than highly doubt it.  I agree with Balzer.  Redding's role will be reduced and Jones will get the starts at DE with RJF still listed as the starter at DT.

Jones, Hughes and even RJF probably could in a limited role but I doubt that's the main purpose for any of them.  

They don't necessarily play the same position nor have the same responsibilities.

From a visual (not analytics) perspective, Redding has been more valuable as a pocket pusher than a run stopper (though solid against the run).  This could free Redding up to play more in the nickel package, with RJF and Jones starting as you suggest.

From a visual (not analytics) perspective, Redding has been more valuable as a pocket pusher than a run stopper (though solid against the run).  This could free Redding up to play more in the nickel package, with RJF and Jones starting as you suggest.

I agree.  I think Redding's primary role could be as an interior pass rusher in our 4 man fronts.  RJF and Jones I would guess would be at the top of that rotation as well with Hughes working his way in.

Icing on the cake is if they brought in one of the NT's, mt Cody, the dude from Miami or Thomas that superman brought up from sd. Our front seven would be a huge upgrade!

Montori Hughes is 340 plus and can move. No reason he won`t be ready to move into the rotation at NT.

Personally, i would like him to come back around 330 so he would have a little more speed for DE too.

RJF - Chapman - Jones

Redding - Hughes - Pendleton/ Moala