Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jarius Byrd wants 9 million a year

That would be a very respectable deal for a guy of his caliber. Now I really hope Grigson tries to get him.

Best deep safety in the game.....better than Earl Thomas imo.

I agree he is one of the elite players at his position. Like I've said many times he would make a huge difference on our D.

I need to stay away from any candy with the word Reese's on it haha

That and Snickers....I am not supposed to eat them at all, but once in awhile I do....MMMMis right Gavin!

I guess we better get back on topic :)  Just say NO to Peeps!  OOOOPS!  Off topic again.....

Some of y'all have worn me down and I'm actually warming to the idea of bringing Byrd into the stable (if Bethea plays hardball). However, 9 Million is too steep. 7-8 Maybe? :)

Excellent -we've broken you down a little :).

In some of my Mock offseason- I had Byrd at about 9 million. I feel 9 million is suitable for both sides as Byrd will become one of the top paid safeties in the league,  At the same time, we get a top 3-5 safety within the same range as someone between Everson Griffin ( what were they thinking?) and Sam Shields.  

For 8-9M$/year I think we have to at least call and talk to him. We need a safety any ways, so lets try to land him. I think he is more of a luxury though. I think the Colts are more interested in Arthur Jones and Davis. Those 2 could cost us 16+M/year. Getting Byrd at 9 leaves us with roughly 10M$ left? We still need a K, C, G and maybe WR? I suppose it's possible. Get Goodwin at C for 3M$, kicker for 2M$, draft Oline and WR with our remaining 5M$? It's tight, but possible.