Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Satele safe

coltnorth

Almost everyone on this forum (including myself) is making plans for a new center for next year. We keep bringing up big name FA or draft prospects. Lately I keep hearing mentions of Satele looking more and more like being our starter again next year. Im not sure where these reports are coming from. Can anybody point me towards an actual quote or article that might suggest this is true

Grigson would have to be a fool to put it bluntly to pay him over 5 mill to be our starter next year ($5,066,667.00 to be exact) with the FA' Centers that are available and the potential to get a good one in the draft (although I really only like Stork). Ill be pretty disappointed if Satele is still starting come next year for the Colts but dont see that happeneing

Almost everyone on this forum (including myself) is making plans for a new center for next year. We keep bringing up big name FA or draft prospects. Lately I keep hearing mentions of Satele looking more and more like being our starter again next year. Im not sure where these reports are coming from. Can anybody point me towards an actual quote or article that might suggest this is true

I'm curious, but where have you been hearing this?  Fans opinions on message boards don't count.  ;)

No one is safe in this regime and I like it. Every position is evaluated and if there is a way to make the team better it will at least be explored. Go 11-5 once after going 2-14, could be a coincidence, go twice, its a trend. Credit must be given to the front office that they are doing a lot right.  It could be me believing the hype, but if for no other reason besides cap number, S Satele is out. He publicly gets disrespected about his skill level and his inconsistency is a direct result in A Luck rushing throws running for his life in the pocket. The same DEF that roughed us up, couldnt touch Peyton for 3 quarters.

I read that back and must say this out loud. When  say "no one is safe", obviously i'm not talking about the players our team is currently built around.   

Grigson would have to be a fool to put it bluntly to pay him over 5 mill to be our starter next year ($5,066,667.00 to be exact) with the FA' Centers that are available and the potential to get a good one in the draft (although I really only like Stork). Ill be pretty disappointed if Satele is still starting come next year for the Colts but dont see that happeneing

Grigson COULD have gone with A.Q. Shipley, released Satele and saved a bunch of money, but chose not to. Soooo.....

If Satele is back, the fire Grigson crowd need to start getting louder.

Well bad news for you, Satele probably will be, as much as I hate to say it. This FO is too forgiving. Not benching the worse players, and giving starting jobs back to players who should have never had them in the first place. Not too mention not cutting David Reed, benching Richardson, and benching DHB until it was too late. I want Satele to be gone from Indy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed.

If this is how Grigs is going to roll?   He won't be GM here long.     The honeymoon is over. 

No more protecting "your" guys.   Play the best players ...   period.

And STOP trying to TRADE for the next shiny toy.     Just DRAFT.

I heard on stampede blue that grigson may be too stubborn to let him go and will keep hm and hope that Khaled Holmes eventually replaces him.

what is we can't sign a center is FA? then i think Grigs will feel like he has to keep Satele.

Is McGlynn a FA? Either way McGlynn is a good way to go for us. Cut Satele, re-sign McGlynn. We already know McGlynn plays pretty well at C. Lets hope that the team feels the same way and we save some $ and upgrade at Center and not have to even look outside the current roster.

It's really obvious. If the coaching staff is that stubborn about him, I'll be very disappointed.

Grigson has said, that he wants the best line in the league. That clearly demands a move at C and G depending on the developments of Thomas and Thornton.

We'll see.