Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think we had a chance at the Super Bowl?

bap1331

I irritates me to think that we could have beat the Broncos, 49ers and Seahawks. But New England was always a question mark. Our defense is bad at the run and inconsistent on pass. The running game is iffy but we should have moved Trent to the 3rd string for the season.

What do you think?

I irritates me to think that we could have beat the Broncos, 49ers and Seahawks. But New England was always a question mark. Our defense is bad at the run and inconsistent on pass. The running game is iffy but we should have moved Trent to the 3rd string for the season.

What do you think?

It was 29-22 at the top of the 4th quarter at NE, right?

I thought we had a chance ..

..I know it doenst matter in the post-season  but the Colts beat the three remaining teams other than NE...

..we had an outside chance

Yes, you had a chance. The turnovers and non-calls in New England kept it from being in a close game. Denver's offense isn't as potent as early in the season. Losing Von Miller and Chris Harris really hurts their defense that was playing well of late. Seattle and SF are tough but they are beatable as you know firsthand.

It was 29-22 at the top of the 4th quarter at NE, right?

I thought we had a chance ..

..I know it doenst matter in the post-season but the Colts beat the three remaining teams other than NE...

..we had an outside chance

I think we would have had a chance if that guy didn't trip Andrew Luck on that play. That was dirty and could have changed everything...

What do you think?

Just because we beat Denver, San Fran and Seattle in the regular season,  does NOT mean we would've beaten them in the post-season.

Odds are we would've lost and lost BIG.

The only way we're getting to the Super Bowl is as fans if we buy scalpers tickets!

I'm sorry, but we're a couple of years away.......

Yes, you had a chance. The turnovers and non-calls in New England kept it from being in a close game. Denver's offense isn't as potent as early in the season. Losing Von Miller and Chris Harris really hurts their defense that was playing well of late. Seattle and SF are tough but they are beatable as you know firsthand.

Thought we had a very good chance. Totally agree the turnovers and non-calls hurt our chances. The late hit on Luck and the tripping especially.

That and Indy got outcoached by Belichick.  I think once the Havili interception and when the Pats scored off of that turnover, the game was over. 

I find it funny that people think our chances against the Pats who hadn't had a strong schedule were long - we GAVE that game away with our horrible play!  If the Bronchos play to their capabilities for a full 4 quarters in today's game  it will be a blow out in their favor! 

The Colts are away too inconsistent at this time to be a SB team - however IF we had played 4 great quarters each of the games I think we could have taken the SB - they just didn't want it bad enough.

Honestly, I don't think we could have won it this year even if we were healthy. Seattle and San Fran are playing at a very high level right now. would it have been nice?? of course it would have been. but the 49ers and Hawks are to good, especially on defense. and quite frankly i think San Fran wins it all this year. hoping im wrong and denver wins, but let's be honest Denver does not have the defense to stop either of those two offenses. but as long as Wilson dont win the super bowl im happy because i want luck to be the first of the three 2nd year QB's to win it. 

Just because we beat Denver, San Fran and Seattle in the regular season,  does NOT mean we would've beaten them in the post-season.

Odds are we would've lost and lost BIG.

The only way we're getting to the Super Bowl is as fans if we buy scalpers tickets!

I'm sorry, but we're a couple of years away.......

But the question was: Did we have a chance?

There is always a chance, but I dont think we had a very good chance.

We still have a ways to go I think.

We are missing a lot of pieces.

Need to get some consistent defensive play. Improve the line. Get a running back who is a threat to break one open.

Considering what we had this year I would say we did pretty good.

I'm kinda worried that we will fall back into the making the playoffs every year but never going past the 1st or second round. Being good but just not good enough is a tough pill to swallow season after season because of the draft selection order.

Then again you have teams that usually are selecting early to middle in the draft and can't seem to get it together. Pick your posion I guess.

Better to make the playoffs and possibly get hot at the right time then to keep picking early amd still never get anywhere.

We obviously had a chance.. Not sure how much, but there was a chance.

We already aren't as talented as the 4 remaining teams.. Then you throw in the players we lost and from top to bottom we just aren't as good..

12 would have given us a chance, but it would have been tough winning at Denver and beating whoever comes out of the NFC again

The difference between us and NE....we had a chance....they EXPECT to win. When we get ourselves to that position where we are preparing and consistent enough to expect to win...then we will. Its amazing even as young as NE is..younger than us...that they have that EXPECTATION to win. I think we have a lot of the pieces to win it all..but we need more leadership and improvement in the trenches...we HAVE to be able to run the ball in the playoffs..and stop the run....we hear it every year.

Hell yea we had a chance.  Would have been in the underdog but we had a chance.  We had a chanced against the Patriots.  As our previous head coach would, refer to a couple sayings.  Bum Phillips was asked if he thought they had chance against the Miami Dolphins when the were a power the Oilers were upstarts.  He said something like "Oh yea, I'd hate to go into any game thinking we didn't have a chance."  Also a local sports radio show person said, even before the playoffs said the Colts have a punchers chance at winning the Super Bowl, Andrew Luck being that heavy weight puncher.  Also if the 2007 NY Giants can go all the way through the playoffs as a wildcard and beat the undefeated Patriots in the SB and repeat the feat in 2011 as a 9-7 wildcard, although the Patriots was not undefeated but still formidable.  Even our SB III Baltimore Colts upset loss as 18 point favorites, shows anybody has a chance.  So yes we had a pretty good chance but we lost so that's history.

I think our chances will be even better because of the continued improvement of Andrew Luck and other young players and the return of our injured Army.  The other 2 great QB to beat, Manning and Brady will still be good but not sure if they can improve anymore, the are already terrific though.  I'm not as concerned about our late 1st rounder to the Browns, I here we have 32 million for free agency, we can do something with that, though not as much as the 42 million we had last year, I think that was amount.