Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hire Peyton Manning

Rob Lowe

According to several reports, Peyton's future is dependent upon his neck and the progress, or lack thereof, that's been made since the surgery and the effects the last 2 seasons may have had on it. It's possible this could be his last year, though if not, he only has a small number left. That said, I say we make attempt to hire him as QB coach for Luck when he becomes available.

THIS IS NOT NEWS! Peyton's neck hasn't deteriorated all of a sudden.

Since day one Peyton has been required to pass a physical each off-season to continue to be the quarterback of the Broncos. This isn't an emergency check up.

Peyton wants to play football next year, and unless a doctor tells him he can't he won't retire. And that isn't significant either because from day one Peyton has said he'll do what the doctor tells him.

According to several reports, Peyton's future is dependent upon his neck and the progress, or lack thereof, that's been made since the surgery and the effects the last 2 seasons may have had on it. It's possible this could be his last year, though if not, he only has a small number left. That said, I say we make attempt to hire him as QB coach for Luck when he becomes available.

Seriously.....put the computer down for a week and give this forum a rest. 

tumblr_mmvh0jupd71rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Since day one Peyton has been required to pass a physical each off-season to continue to be the quarterback of the Broncos. This isn't an emergency check up.

Peyton wants to play football next year, and unless a doctor tells him he can't he won't retire. And that isn't significant either because from day one Peyton has said he'll do what the doctor tells him.

I didn't say it was new news, nor was that the point I was going after (providing news on Peyton's neck). I was saying hire him as QB coach. It's apparently a terribly stupid idea based on the responses here

Take-The-Bait-penguins-of-madagascar-131

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 14, 2014 - review
Hidden by Nadine, January 14, 2014 - review

hmm, so how much spamming/trolling before a ban?

I was neither trolling or spamming. I'd love to have Peyton as a QB coach. I think it'd could be something he could be good at, more so than an OC or HC

I was neither trolling or spamming. I'd love to have Peyton as a QB coach. I think it'd could be something he could be good at, more so than an OC or HC

It's your own fault people can't tell the difference.

Its not trolling because it comes form a Colt fan.........its called "opinion".  ;)

huh?

If you guys want something flagged, please be less cryptic

It is discouraging 

There once was a time people talked openly about this, like 3 years ago. After being signed by the Bronco's , this line of thinking has become unpopular, as in no one thinks it's remotely likely.

But you already knew this, didn't you. LoL.

huh?

If you guys want something flagged, please be less cryptic

It is discouraging 

Nadine, I have been asking for over a year, why a fan of another team can have actions that are considered trolling, but if it comes from a "Colt" fan, it is considered "opinion".

But you are correct, I have posted incorrectly by being cryptic, and for that I apologize...I should have PM'd you personally. I will do that in the next few days. Again, I am sorry. 

Peyton will probably buy are become the GM of the Titans. Bud's daughters don't want to inherit the team anyway and will probably sell it off.

Idk, that or maybe a HC or OC. I don't think he'd want to come back to the Colts though. I may be wrong.

Hopefully that encore before the Indy game is a fond memory for him, for a loooonnnnng time. :-)

Peyton will probably buy are become the GM of the Titans. Bud's daughters don't want to inherit the team anyway and will probably sell it off.

Idk, that or maybe a HC or OC. I don't think he'd want to come back to the Colts though. I may be wrong.

Hopefully that encore before the Indy game is a fond memory for him, for a loooonnnnng time. :-)

Could be that encore before the Indy Game could have been the straw that broke the camels back. :dunno:

For the people that think he wouldn't want to come back to the Colts...I really don't know why you say that.  If you missed the game, where he returned to Indy, he tried not to let the fans get to him, but he couldn't.  He knows what the fan base here feels about him and how much he is loved here.  And I still believe he loves Indy!  I don't think there is as much hatred as people like Skip Bayless and many other media types like to say there is, between Irsay and Manning.  I am not saying it was what Manning wanted, but he knows this is a business and he also knows that he told them not to have Luck and him on the same team.

I would love for him to come back as the OC!  I truly believe he would be great there.  NOBODY is going to make him a HC off the bat, when he has 0 experience.  A GM maybe, but not a HC.  I could see an OC though.

I didn't say it was new news, nor was that the point I was going after (providing news on Peyton's neck). I was saying hire him as QB coach. It's apparently a terribly stupid idea based on the responses here

You're hilarious man.  Keep it up.

BTW, Peyton will probably be part owner of a team before he ever coaches one.

My opinion on Peyton's post-retirement football future in descending order of likelihood.

Minority owner of a NFL franchise.

TV commentator. I think Peyton would make a great color commentator that can really break the game down like John Madden used.

Coach. I think he would start out at OC/QB coach, before moving up to HC. I don't mean this disrespectfully, but I don't believe that a man with his ego would take anything less than OC. However, it would be foolhardy for any club to hire him as HC before his has proven himself an effective coach.

TV analyst. He'd be better than a lot of the guys on NFL Live, or Sunday NFL Countdown.

GM. As far as evaluating talent he'd be amazing. I have know idea if he has the mind for business to manage salary cap and negotiations.

My opinion on Peyton's post-retirement football future in descending order of likelihood.

Minority owner of a NFL franchise.

TV commentator. I think Peyton would make a great color commentator that can really break the game down like John Madden used.

Coach. I think he would start out at OC/QB coach, before moving up to HC. I don't mean this disrespectfully, but I don't believe that a man with his ego would take anything less than OC. However, it would be foolhardy for any club to hire him as HC before his has proven himself an effective coach.

TV analyst. He'd be better than a lot of the guys on NFL Live, or Sunday NFL Countdown.

GM. As far as evaluating talent he'd be amazing. I have know idea if he has the mind for business to manage salary cap and negotiations.

He has a wife, he has kids, he has a CRAPLOAD of cash.

I can see him, Eli, and Archie going in to buy a stake in a team.  I can't see him doing anything where he's going to have to put in 60 hours/week.