Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the coaching staff just quit.

Dustin

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Punting on 4th and 1 down by 21 points? Embarrassing.

Classic "old school " NFL stupidity. That's just what Bud Grant would have done and some of thses coaches have not evolved from that dull , not so bright mentality. He really belived that he stood a better chance of winning the game by punting there? I hope not...

Nobody quit..we just arent as good as NE....which I guess we already knew

we don't agree very often but this time I'm in total agreement.  It was a questionable call and I don't agree with it, but I don't believe for a second that it signaled the coaching staff "giving up".  This is not a coaching staff that has given up at any point this season.  They didn't give up last week and they didn't give up this week.  the colts simply got outplayed.

I was never a fan of the coaching staff hire to begin with. The only one I was looking forward to was Pep since Luck knows the offense and it was successful at Stanford. And now I can't wait for the Colts to send him packing.

I hope you're a very patient person because it's not going to happen any time soon.

Pagano told Kravitz after the game they should have gone for it there and it was his mistake.

He needs to leave he offensive side of the decisions up to Pep honestly, Dont need a coach making decisions about a side of the ball that he has never coached before

He needs to leave he offensive side of the decisions up to Pep honestly, Dont need a coach making decisions about a side of the ball that he has never coached before

deciding to go for it on fourth and one is a head coach call IMO. What the play call should be if you go for it should be up to the OC. I agree it was a mistake they should have gone for it.

deciding to go for it on fourth and one is a head coach call IMO. What the play call should be if you go for it should be up to the OC. I agree it was a mistake they should have gone for it.

It is but I think he conveyed to Pep early on in the season that they were going to make it a point to run the football when that was never really there strong point, we have spurts where we could run but just are not currently built to do what the Pats O Line did to our D Line and Linebackers on a consistent basis and thats slam it up the middle, Our O Line was good with Traps not Power running...I think we eventually get there however and there was times our Backs missed holes and creases...Overall plenty to improve on all the way around top to bottom through the organization

Going for it or not is not an offensive nor defensive decision. Its a game management decision which is at the discretion of the head coach.

I was never a fan of the coaching staff hire to begin with. The only one I was looking forward to was Pep since Luck knows the offense and it was successful at Stanford. And now I can't wait for the Colts to send him packing.

Agree a 1000%. The play calling was so vanilla, it was like watching a pre-season game. Here's a clue Pep- your QB has legs so get him to use them and get Brown in space, this run up the middle all game was weak.

It wasn't the first time they were behind two or three scores and ended up with a punt on a 4th down in the last 10 minutes. For me it seems like the coaches constantly repeat their mistakes like runnig down the middle that never worked well the whole season, bringing in Brown to block in passing situations although everyone knows he isn't any good in pass protection, if your RB can't do anything use them as receivers Donald Brown is a weapon if he has some space and I absolutely don't understand why the Colts always look so unprepared in the first half.