Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts still in the RCA Dome? Really?

TKnight24

Happy New Year's Eve & New Year's :colts: family

I'm watching around the league LIVE on NFL Network right now. (Usually don't watch this but it's playoff season so the Colts will be talked about. It's mandatory now haha )

So anyway, the Chiefs vs Colts game preview came up & Brian Baldinger for those who know him was asked for his opinion on how this will go

At the end of his statement he said & I quote "The RCA dome will be rocking" or something to that nature lol

:facepalm:

Like I understand the Colts are irrelevant to the media but they should at least know our stadium shouldn't they?

P.S. Shoutout to Stephen Holden for representing the Colts the right way. He had an interview just now on NFL network :thmup:

Hey at least he got the RCA part right, Till the day it was tore down I heard people still call it the Hoosier Dome. 

Media guys make these kinds of mistakes all the time last night on the radio I heard some host yacking and talk about the Colts maybe playing the Broncos in the second round and the guy goes "you know ROBERT Irsay will be talking before the game."  Heck Dan Dierdorf (who I know isn't exactly the model of the best announcer in the world) has called us the Baltimore Colts still more than once and called the Ravens the Colts more than once when doing games.  Heck in one game this year he said Peyton Manning when talking about Andrew Luck.  Old habits die hard. 

I'm trying to remember who.........but I seem to recall espn posting the wrong picture of our coach.......I mean it was not him

and leaving it up there for a long time

They are having a hard time with Indiana teams they put up a picture of Ian Mahinmi when talking about the fact Roy Hibbert was taking over the NBA's twitter account for Christmas day. 

Hey at least he got the RCA part right, Till the day it was tore down I heard people still call it the Hoosier Dome. 

Media guys make these kinds of mistakes all the time last night on the radio I heard some host yacking and talk about the Colts maybe playing the Broncos in the second round and the guy goes "you know ROBERT Irsay will be talking before the game."  Heck Dan Dierdorf (who I know isn't exactly the model of the best announcer in the world) has called us the Baltimore Colts still more than once and called the Ravens the Colts more than once when doing games.  Heck in one game this year he said Peyton Manning when talking about Andrew Luck.  Old habits die hard. 

I heard Greg Gumble say that Donald Brown was a Utah product. 

I'm watching around the league LIVE on NFL Network right now. (Usually don't watch this but it's playoff season so the Colts will be talked about. It's mandatory now haha )

So anyway, the Chiefs vs Colts game preview came up & Brian Baldinger for those who know him was asked for his opinion on how this will go

At the end of his statement he said & I quote "The RCA dome will be rocking" or something to that nature lol

Like I understand the Colts are irrelevant to the media but they should at least know our stadium shouldn't they?

P.S. Shoutout to Stephen Holden for representing the Colts the right way. He had an interview just now on NFL network :thmup:

I was watching this and noticed the flub, too.  

You have to figure Baldy, tho.  He played for the Colts when it was still the RCA Dome.

It's funny because when it's your job, you would think they would put some time and research (or make someone put time and research) into it.  I think I've heard some pretty bad errors.  It usually comes from the more oblivious analysts, like Michael Irvin, Mooch has done it at times, I've heard Gruden mess up a lot, and several others.  Gruden once called it the Lucas Oil Center

Slightly related, but all day Monday NFL Network was advertising (on the righthand side of the screen) that the Colts game was Sat. @ 8:10pm.  To their credit, they were also accurately advertising the New Orleans game at that time.

I will miss those old schooler announcers though when they're gone... Things like that are just human stuff. I already miss the Madden/Summerall games and Dierdorf's last season with NBC (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) and he's a familiar voice so will be missed as well. Just Al Michaels and a couple others are all that will be left of the older guys. Remember the old Inside the NFL cast? Can anyone name them? ha ha Happy New Year!!

I will miss those old schooler announcers though when they're gone... Things like that are just human stuff. I already miss the Madden/Summerall games and Dierdorf's last season with NBC (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) and he's a familiar voice so will be missed as well. Just Al Michaels and a couple others are all that will be left of the older guys. Remember the old Inside the NFL cast? Can anyone name them? ha ha Happy New Year!!

Len Dawson, Nick Buonicotti, and...Pat Summerall?

Slightly related, but all day Monday NFL Network was advertising (on the righthand side of the screen) that the Colts game was Sat. @ 8:10pm.  To their credit, they were also accurately advertising the New Orleans game at that time.

That was for the Chief fans to be sure they know when to show up.  :funny:

My personal favorite is in the first year the NFL Network had games, they had Bryant Gumbel in the booth...and he called Tony Romo "Rick Romo". It was hilarious and a sound drop on some national sports radio show for a time, I can't remember which one.

I was watching this and noticed the flub, too.

You have to figure Baldy, tho. He played for the Colts when it was still the RCA Dome.

I understand he played there but we just had a super bowl hosted at the Oil drum & they spent 2weeks hyping up Peyton Manning's return. He should know the name of our stadium by now

Emmitt Smith, who really oughta be forbidden from any form of broadcasting, always provided some entertaining flubs....

"You cannot change the stripes of a leopard"

"Right now the best running back in the NFL is Maurice Drones-Jew"

haha...that's too funny. Apparently, Emmitt needed a great offensive line to broadcast as well,

Emmitt Smith, who really oughta be forbidden from any form of broadcasting, always provided some entertaining flubs....

"You cannot change the stripes of a leopard"

"Right now the best running back in the NFL is Maurice Drones-Jew"

I love this, Emmitt Smith really is the worst. It's painful to watch him attempt to string together coherent thoughts.

This made me laugh..

It was always the hoosier dome.  Just like Deer creek will always be deer creek.  Just cause Some big business puts its name on it doesnt mean i have to call it that...lol

It was always the hoosier dome.  Just like Deer creek will always be deer creek.  Just cause Some big business puts its name on it doesnt mean i have to call it that...lol

:agree:

I was fairly young when they made the name change, but I never liked calling it the RCA dome.  I don't even know what Deer Creek is called now.