Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

lets give it up to the guys no one talks about and I mean no one

CR91

grig's scouting department. all the injuries this team has and they just keep finding players to keep us playing at the same level. look at the falcons and how their lack of depth cause them to have one of the worst seasons this league. grigs, everyone in your dept better have got a fat chirstmas bonus

grig's scouting department. all the injuries this team has and they just keep finding players to keep us playing at the same level. look the falcons and how their lack of depth cause them to have one of the worst seasons this league. grigs, everyone in your dept better have got a fat chirstmas bonus

Yeah, they do a good job of finding something where there is apparently nothing.

Well, some people ARE talking about them:

@KBowenColts: RT @1070Bruno: Mathis: Our scouting department needs MVP trophies. If you're hiding under a rock or in a cave, they'll find you.

I was just about to post that.  That's so true.  Just look at the talent we have acquired from different places:

Freeman - CFL

Hickman - CFL

Hilton - 3rd round

Brazill - 6th round

Ballard - 5th round

McNary - undrafted

Adongo (who knows how he will do) - rugby

Rogers - undrafted and discarded by the Bills

Whalen - undrafted

And more

I was just about to post that.  That's so true.  Just look at the talent we have acquired from different places:

Freeman - CFL

Hickman - CFL

Hilton - 3rd round

Brazill - 6th round

Ballard - 5th round

McNary - undrafted

Whalen - undrafted

And more

Whatever happened to Hickman?

Freeman - CFL

Hickman - CFL

Hilton - 3rd round

Brazill - 6th round

Ballard - 5th round

McNary - undrafted

Whalen - undrafted

And more

Right. Every team has UDFAs and late round guys. But not many have guys like that who are impact players.

Reitz could join that list if he could stay healthy for ten minutes.

BTW, Pendleton looked decent Sunday, didn't he?

Excellent thread, op. Griggo is, and has the best scouting and acquisition dept. in football in my opinion. It reminds me of some of the players that we started getting when Bill Tobin was hired vs. the talent pool previously. Griggo's not afraid to pull the trigger on a trade, and finds these little gems that others don't seem to know about or believe in. Kudos personnel department. Y'all deserve it.

Definitely. Mr. Grigson has this team in the right place

Now if his scout team can just find that pesky injury bug that's hiding here in Indianapolis, we'd be alright :thmup:

I think the Colts should hire you to give out apple juice to every player 3 times a day. The saying goes, an apple a day, keeps the Dr. away..so I figure 3 glasses of apple juice a day, will cut the injury bug down significantly!  :D

grig's scouting department. all the injuries this team has and they just keep finding players to keep us playing at the same level. look at the falcons and how their lack of depth cause them to have one of the worst seasons this league. grigs, everyone in your dept better have got a fat chirstmas bonus

Best thread of the month! :thmup:

If Grigson and his scouting department can keep this up, we have a bright, bright future ahead of us. It is such a relief that we don't have to rely on the draft being an all out home run, and it helps with the salary cap too. A huge shift from the Polian days methinks. :rock:

From what I hear they are already looking for players for next season. I know for sure they are looking at getting Kory Sheets from the CFL. Sheets rushed for 1,598 yards on 287 carries while taking home Grey Cup MVP honors with 197 yards and a pair of touchdowns in the championship game.

He has looked good up here and will at least push for a kick return job, if not get some change of pace carries as a quick scat back (cheaper, and possibly better option over DB).

Interested to see what else they turn up between now and OTAs.

Now if his scout team can just find that pesky injury bug that's hiding here in Indianapolis, we'd be alright :thmup:

I am beginning to think that bug is the strength and conditioning staff.......lot of similar injuries this season, and overall just way to many.....Hamstrings early, groins late and shoulders in between......maybe tons of injuries make for duplicity, but really for years we always seem to be in the top 5 injury wise in the league.....it used to be said because we were undersized.....we "aint undersized anymore" .......

i'm not saying grigson's team has done a bad job, but every team has late round and free agent signings that are contributors. god forbid people give polian credit for finding that kind of talent. everyone seems to conveniently forget the terrible trades grigson has made. great qb's make gm's look awfully good and cover up mistakes. 

I think the Colts should hire you to give out apple juice to every player 3 times a day. The saying goes, an apple a day, keeps the Dr. away..so I figure 3 glasses of apple juice a day, will cut the injury bug down significantly!  :D

I think it was that retired MLB from Giants, Antonio Pierce, who used to say that the Giants players were given Pilates lessons that helped with their stretching and cut down injuries.

If Pilates and Yoga does it for the Colts, I'm all for it. I am a big proponent of Yoga :).

I was just about to post that. That's so true. Just look at the talent we have acquired from different places:

Freeman - CFL

Hickman - CFL

Hilton - 3rd round

Brazill - 6th round

Ballard - 5th round

McNary - undrafted

Whalen - undrafted

And more

Butler

Nixon

Chapman

Thorton

Studebaker (seriously the guy can lay the wood)

Pendelton

Freeman - CFL

Hickman - CFL

Hilton - 3rd round

Brazill - 6th round

Ballard - 5th round

McNary - undrafted

Whalen - undrafted

And more

Freeman has looked not good but great really all season. 

I think it was that retired MLB from Giants, Antonio Pierce, who used to say that the Giants players were given Pilates lessons that helped with their stretching and cut down injuries.

If Pilates and Yoga does it for the Colts, I'm all for it. I am a big proponent of Yoga :).

Yes 

I am beginning to think that bug is the strength and conditioning staff.......lot of similar injuries this season, and overall just way to many.....Hamstrings early, groins late and shoulders in between......maybe tons of injuries make for duplicity, but really for years we always seem to be in the top 5 injury wise in the league.....it used to be said because we were undersized.....we "aint undersized anymore" .......

Actually when Mora was here we didn't have that many injuries. Zup could have helped with that. 

Best thread of the month! :thmup:

If Grigson and his scouting department can keep this up, we have a bright, bright future ahead of us. It is such a relief that we don't have to rely on the draft being an all out home run, and it helps with the salary cap too. A huge shift from the Polian days methinks. :rock:

I totally agree there's nothing wrong with bringing free agents that can help your team right away. Polian didn't believe in that and it was frustrating.