Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Its ok to start believing now

Warhorse

It would be easy to say, "I think we are going to win the SB", if we had just won the AFCCG.

It would still be easy to say that when we win to get to the AFCCG.

But to say that now, to say that we are about to shock the NFL and take home the Lombardi in Lucks second season? Now that would be either brave.....or "not being real"....or just plain rose colored glasses apple drinking stupidity.

Therefore I will do just that. We are going to win the whole thing.

I love risking stupidity.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 26, 2013 - gambling
Hidden by Nadine, December 26, 2013 - gambling

It would be easy to say, "I think we are going to win the SB", if we had just won the AFCCG.

But to say that now, to say that we are about to shock the NFL and take home the Lombardi in Lucks second season? Now that would be either brave.....or "not being real"....or just plain rose colored glasses apple drinking stupidity.

Well,  back in the summer  i placed a bet (8,000 rmb) on the colts to win the superbowl by 10+ (regardless of opponent) . If that actually happens, i'll collect almost 800,000 rmb. Needless to say, i'm getting pretty excited about it.

SO YES....WE'LL WIN.

If there is a road that sends us Mia/Bal, NE then I like our chances. Brady is Brady as always but we have the secondary to shut his young receiving core down like Cincy did.

I do think we have the secondary to deal with New England if Toler is healthy and Manusky calls a great game. Davis, Toler, Butler, Gordy, Vaughn can deal with Thompkins, Dobson, Edelman and whoever else they have.  Especially with not much of a threat from the tight ends with Gronk being out.  However I think they will challenge us in the running game, and with those little quick passes to the backs out of the back field.  Seems those little small shifty running backs like Vereen, Woodhead(yeah I know he's with the Chargers) Sproles, Giovanni Bernard all seem to give us trouble.

I think we are getting more and more comfortable on offense with the new personnel and talent. I think we can deal with their defense and put some points on the board. In regards to the first round game I'm not so confident about the Miami matchup. It's not that I don't think we can beat them because I'm very sure of that, it's just we had a problem keeping them out of the end zone in the last match up and we had a heck of a time covering Mike Wallace, Toler was getting smoked! They have a fairly stingy defense as well, although it seemed lie we moved the ball pretty well in the first match up. We could certainly take advantage of deep balls to Darick Rogers on Brent Grimes this time instead of trying to win jump ball match ups to T.Y. over Grimes.  Baltimore I think we would beat this time around.

It's never the team that everyone is suspecting to win it all(Broncos or Seahawks), its always the under-the-radar team that no one is talking about that gets hot at the right time. If our defense can keep playing the way they have the past 2 weeks in the playoffs then we definitely have a chance, especially with Luck and the offense finding rhythm amongst Rogers,Whalen, and Brazzil.

I doubt it.

Love the post, chuckled at the title of the thread, and in my head I took the thread title one step further....."Is it ok to start believing now?" LOL this team has not made any of us fans very secure in believing what we see at any given moment........

although i have been one of the few people who HAVE had faith in the colts all year even against the much better teams, I think they can win the super bowl, i honestly think they can beat denver and seattle again also. come playoff time though one game at a time. but def love the enthusiasm 

I said in another thread that it is really most about a team getting hot at the right time and that the Colts have just as good a chance of being that team as anyone.  Every team in the AFC is flawed to one degree or another.  The Colts' flaws, both the real and perceived, are well-documented here.  But those flaws seem to have gotten better over the last few weeks  - oline, defense, WR's -and they have the franchise level QB that Super Bowl winning teams have.

Why not the Colts?  Would I bet on them?  No but I do think they can make some noise in January.

It just kinda feels like 2006.  The defense getting hot at the end of the season.  I will be happy with winning the opening playoff game.  Anything else will be like getting extra Christmas gifts I wasn't expecting.

GO COLTS!!!! :number1: 

i have said that in numerous posts lol. if this defense plays how it did sunday no team would be able to stop the colts. 

but  we have Luck who has photographic memory... I don't think any of those teams would beat us a second time ...

I too was saying with a fellow fan after the KC game that the D is looking eerie similarly to the 06 team in shutting people down at the end of the year and the team is starting to get hot at the right time.. 

I have developed a real good feeling about our chances as of late. I like some of the changes we are making

personnel wise, and I like some of the changes we are making on offense. Also like how we are turning it up

a notch on defense.  I sense something good is about to happen!

but  we have Luck who has photographic memory... I don't think any of those teams would beat us a second time ...

I too was saying with a fellow fan after the KC game that the D is looking eerie similarly to the 06 team in shutting people down at the end of the year and the team is starting to get hot at the right time..

Good point about Luck. But I hate SD too and hope they miss the playoffs anyway.

I think this team wants Pagano to hoist his 1st Lombardi before he dances at the wedding.

These guys will run through  a brick wall for Coach Pagano.

This team is going to be a tough out come playoff time, here, there or anywhere... bring'em on, no excuses, 60 minutes of smash mouth football.

Loser goes home

I think the thing about us is that we have gone through the fire. We've lost so many pieces this season and still find ways to win hard games. Yes, we lay eggs, but I think we righted the ship starting with the second half of the Cincy game. We have learned to cope with these injuries. I'm interested to see what the Bronco's do with the loss of Miller. The Pats may be hurting too with Gronk out.

Yes, these teams played part of their seasons without both player, but the playoffs are a different monster. I'm hopeful that we can go on a run.

It seems to me that it's all about how WE'RE playing up to, and when the playoffs begin than WHO we play. Our '06 team was a defensive "liability" until Sanders returned and sparked the type of play that carried us there. (In my humble opinion) Two weeks in a row we have played together, although not still playing our best. Our mix of youth and Veteran leadership will carry us to the AFCCG. Then who knows?

In 06, i am sure the unit improved with experience but i remember Booger McFarland really dominating late in the season at DT.

Making plays and providing a serious push up the middle that Freaked the QB`s, ESPECIALLY because of Mathis and Freeney doing it too.

Pray for his good health and watch Chapman now. That kid was THE MAN IMO  against KC and controlled the interior dynamic. Our ILB`s were set up to excel. A Wilfork, Ngata game? Maybe something close!

And the speed addition of McNary. Good grief we have been desperate for that!!

Werner being more sound the last two weeks.

We can see it.

Nixon solidifying the O-Line. Andrew SEES THAT!

He can lay in bed at night dreaming of Progressions rather than Escape Routes. WHAT a Difference! haha

Mediocre week to week, now, with two weeks to further improve, i have Expectations rather than hope, that we will play a Good,

all-around Playoff Game. yeehaa! Go Colts!