Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griff Stokely

throwing BBZ

Yet he was fully extended, the ball hit him on his fingertips and he didn`t get both hands on the ball together. 100% Uncatchable.

Hating on Luck because a bomb was inches off? Silliness. The DB grabbed Brazzil`s shirt to keep it from being layed in his palms.

Just like you missed this call, you are probably like most of the Homers that believe Andrew has been so good. As a passer he has STANK a LOT. He knows it, Arians knew it, I know it, and with more of SOME of the same this year.

Other KNOWLEDGEABLE, Brave fans have expressed it here in their own way. It is CLEAR most times and on the tape.

Waaa, Waaa, don`t talk about Andrew`s issues, just ra ra ra like a blind Homer with us.

NO thanks, i`m good with what I see, bla bla KNOW ONE nails it 100%, and for me, the reality of what is real on the field trumps Fanaticism and getting it wrong, Giving up Honesty.

I`m a Colts fan, and a FB fan, and call it as i see it. I make Nothing up regarding Andrew. It is what it is and i give my view when I wish.

Hey, look, you're agenda is showing.

Calling that pass 100% uncatchable is 100% wrong. Ask LaVon Brazill how he feels about dropping that pass he'll tell you he needs to catch that 10/10 times.

I don't deny Luck has struggled but many of the things you call him out for are erroneous and laughable.

Exhibit A: Continuing to call a pass that hit a WR in both his hands "100% uncatchable".

I have been saying that since we signed him as a free agent last year. He is not the fastest guy but he is a great possession reciever. We lost a lot when Reg went down and Griff can help Luck with 5-7 catches a game.

He is also a very adequate punt returner so go ahead and order your Whalen jerseys for 2014

Griff has been great, what I really like is that he always knows where the first down marker is and fights with everything he has to get that first down, never satisfied with just making the catch and getting out of bounds. He is making up for a little of what we are missing with Reggie being out, and that is, Luck knows that Griff is going to be where he is supposed to be on each and every route because of his great running, this is a luxury we have been missing since Reggies injury. Having a reliable receiver with good hands that is where he should be, while Luck goes threw his progressions, is a huge security blanket for Luck. This was the main thing that Reggie provided for Luck and having a guy who can replace some of that, can not be understated. Whalen will be very important to the offense moving forward this season. This is the type of player every offense needs to keep the chains moving, and Whalen is doing a great job of filling this role.

IMHO, Whalen should have been on the roster all year. The whole situation reminds me of lack of appreciation Wes Welker received in Miami, He was clearly their most productive and consistent receiver, yet they let the Pats sign him away so they could get a bigger faster guy. Some guys just have IT and Griff is one of them.

Hey, look, you're agenda is showing.

Calling that pass 100% uncatchable is 100% wrong. Ask LaVon Brazill how he feels about dropping that pass he'll tell you he needs to catch that 10/10 times.

I don't deny Luck has struggled but many of the things you call him out for are erroneous and laughable.

Exhibit A: Continuing to call a pass that hit a WR in both his hands "100% uncatchable".

No problem.

Of course in all 3 angles they showed, it didn`t hit either hand.

It hit about 2-3 inches of fingertips of the left first, then the right came in for about the same 2-3 inches as the ball was already coming off the left. It was instantaneous for sure but observed in HD and frame by frame advance, which is how i judged the opportunity, showed Brazzil had done what he could. Enjoy your agenda.

No problem.

It hit about 2-3 inches of fingertips of the left first, then the right came in for about the same 2-3 inches as the ball was already coming off the left. It was instantaneous for sure but observed in HD and frame by frame advance, which is how i judged the opportunity, showed Brazzil had done what he could. Enjoy your agenda.

Getting 2-3 inches of your fingers on a ball makes it quite catchable. It wasn't an easy catch, but a catch nfl caliber receivers make frequently.

No problem.

It hit about 2-3 inches of fingertips of the left first, then the right came in for about the same 2-3 inches as the ball was already coming off the left. It was instantaneous for sure but observed in HD and frame by frame advance, which is how i judged the opportunity, showed Brazzil had done what he could. Enjoy your agenda.

Yeah, that certainly sounds 100% uncatchable. I don't expect a professional wide receivers to catch a ball when it hits him in both of his hands (aka 3 inches of fingertips).

Getting 2-3 inches of your fingers on a ball makes it quite catchable. It wasn't an easy catch, but a catch nfl caliber receivers make frequently.

Sorry, Not that ball at that speed and angle. Period.

He wasn`t waiting on the ball to come in so that he might try to adjust and tip it upward off his fingertips and to himself, as he was all out and the fingers were fully extended. and it glanced off both fingertips instantly.

He actually got a little lift on the ball after it came off his fingertips and he reacted to that.

He wasn`t even close to catching that either.

I love HD and frame by frame advance when needed. Doesn`t mean we might not have differing opinions tho does it? lol

He wasn`t waiting on the ball to come in so that he might try to adjust and tip it upward off his fingertips and to himself, as he was all out and the fingers were fully extended. and it glanced off both fingertips instantly.

He actually got a little lift on the ball after it came off his fingertips and he reacted to that.

I love HD and frame by frame advance when needed. Doesn`t mean we might not have differing opinions tho does it? lol

How many inches would he have had on the ball had he laid out for it like most receivers would've to secure the catch?

It was a catchable ball and a good but not great effort.

No problem.

It hit about 2-3 inches of fingertips of the left first, then the right came in for about the same 2-3 inches as the ball was already coming off the left. It was instantaneous for sure but observed in HD and frame by frame advance, which is how i judged the opportunity, showed Brazzil had done what he could. Enjoy your agenda.

did he lay out for the ball? Wayne has caught a ton of so called uncatchable balls

He wasn`t waiting on the ball to come in so that he might try to adjust and tip it upward off his fingertips and to himself, as he was all out and the fingers were fully extended. and it glanced off both fingertips instantly.

I love HD and frame by frame advance when needed. Doesn`t mean we might not have differing opinions tho does it? lol

No excuses, Brazil should have caught that ball it was more then catchable. He looked like DHB on that play just a different name on that back of jersey.

I see Reggie is coaching him well.  I'm starting to see some Reggie Wayne in him.  He's finding the open areas, along with good route running.  We don't see many drops from him.  I see Whalen diving in between tacklers instead of taking big hits like reggie was doing earlier on for lil extra yards.  Chuck said he's been in the weight room getting stronger. Being healthy and able to play is the biggest concern for our team right now and longevity is an important attribute.  With more speed and reps, this guy could retire from the practice squad for good.

Yet he was fully extended, the ball hit him on his fingertips and he didn`t get both hands on the ball together. 100% Uncatchable.

Hating on Luck because a bomb was inches off? Silliness. The DB grabbed Brazzil`s shirt to keep it from being layed in his palms.

Just like you missed this call, you are probably like most of the Homers that believe Andrew has been so good. As a passer he has STANK a LOT. He knows it, Arians knew it, I know it, and with more of SOME of the same this year.

Other KNOWLEDGEABLE, Brave fans have expressed it here in their own way. It is CLEAR most times and on the tape.

Waaa, Waaa, don`t talk about Andrew`s issues, just ra ra ra like a blind Homer with us.

NO thanks, i`m good with what I see, bla bla KNOW ONE nails it 100%, and for me, the reality of what is real on the field trumps Fanaticism and getting it wrong, Giving up Honesty.

I`m a Colts fan, and a FB fan, and call it as i see it. I make Nothing up regarding Andrew. It is what it is and i give my view when I wish.

correct me if im wrong, and im sure you will, but uncatchable means not within reach. If it hit his hands, it was within reach.

No problem.

TIL the fingers are not a part of the hand.

A lot of folks eating crow on this board although they probably won't admit who they are.

I readily admit I was a "I want to see something more than action in meaningless preseason games against third stringers before joining in the overblown giddiness about a UDFA in his 2nd year" kinda guy.

The last time he was called up from the practice squad, he didn't do much, and I'd still say that the hype far exceeds his production.

BUT... he had a much better game than I would have expected of him... AND... I think he has been displaying the kind of grit and determination that I think personifies this team.

He's growing on me.