Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Deserves His Share of Blame

James Harden

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Questioning the Golden Boy? I know, right...

Luck is in his second year. Yes, he makes mistakes. Yes, he throws bad picks and sails some balls to open receivers but he's still learning. He wants to make plays and I can't be mad at him for anything he does wrong. He's a smart kid. It's going to "click" real soon for him.

oh brother. Would you rather have Blaine gabbert

Or RG3?

It's pretty hard to argue with. We've seen many times where Luck has just been off-target. I think there might be some truth to the "internal clock" theory. Let's just hope what happened to David Carr doesn't happen to Luck.

What happened to him?

Matt schaub struggled this year, RG3 struggled this year, Matt flynn struggled this year, Blaine Gabbert struggled this year, I could go on but 8-5 with a questionable supporting cast no sorry. Oh I did forget one, Pep Hamilton struggled this year. Please don't misunderstand what I have said this here, Andrew has missed a number of open receivers, he's overthrown balls, underthrown balls, and been lucky that a number of bad throws were not picked but he's a second year QB that continues to show growth in a very imperfect offense and situation.The players above have gone to the sidelines and should have...... that's my definition of struggled.

On one hand there are non elite QB`s that might have made some of his bad throws. There have been instances when Luck didn't even see a wide open receiver this year. The one constant has been over throwing or the ball "sailing" on him, saw some of that last year too. He is sometimes so frustrating to watch BUT then he makes some dazzling throw on the run with pin point accuracy and erases all the bad throws. His run ability is awesome and sometimes I find myself hollering at the TV "just run it Andrew". He carries the team on his shoulders and that's "the intangibles" of a great leader. With limited talent around him I agree Luck needs to get better for this team to succeed, he`ll get it

I don't see why people are critical of the article.  Everything it said was true.  Luck's accuracy hasn't been there this year.  Not just on the deep routes, but he has missed open guys on check downs and flares.  Even on the Reggie Wayne injury, a poorly thrown ball by Luck led to a devastating injury.  That's not to say it's Luck's fault, but his accuracy hasn't been there this year.

I don't see why people are critical of the article.  Everything it said was true.  Luck's accuracy hasn't been there this year.  Not just on the deep routes, but he has missed open guys on check downs and flares.  Even on the Reggie Wayne injury, a poorly thrown ball by Luck led to a devastating injury.  That's not to say it's Luck's fault, but his accuracy hasn't been there this year.

Pretty hard to be accurate when you can't step up because he has no seconds to throw the ball

People on here think it's wrong to criticize anything about the team. lmao

Matt schaub struggled this year, RG3 struggled this year, Matt flynn struggled this year, Blaine Gabbert struggled this year, I could go on but 8-5 with a questionable supporting cast no sorry. Oh I did forget one, Pep Hamilton struggled this year. Please don't misunderstand what I have said this here, Andrew has missed a number of open receivers, he's overthrown balls, underthrown balls, and been lucky that a number of bad throws were not picked but he's a second year QB that continues to show growth in a very imperfect offense and situation.The players above have gone to the sidelines and should have...... that's my definition of struggled.

Without Luck the Colts would be no where near 8-5. He's won a lot of games for us. 

This is a very detail article on Luck mistakes. Sure we have problems on Offensive line, receivers, defense, and playcalling but Luck have struggle at times during this season.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1885078-andrew-luck-deserves-his-share-of-blame-for-colts-offensive-struggles

What I want to know is our QB amish? Has he converted? It sure looks like it. lol

Not sure if those are the best examples of Lucks mistakes but sure he's made some. I'd like to see someone run this offense mistake free with all the other issues revolving around bad o-line play and young receivers.

Yep. Andrew Luck & Tom Brady are in similar situations

Except Tom Brady's offensive line is way better lol

Pretty hard to be accurate when you can't step up because he has no seconds to throw the ball

He's missed some open/easy throws.  I've seen him over or under throw guys on screens and RB flare routes without much pressure.  Those aren't difficult throws.  I'm not saying Luck is a bust, nor is the article.  The article clearly stated that Luck still has all the tools to be a great QB, but he isn't elite yet.

Luck is in his second year. Yes, he makes mistakes. Yes, he throws bad picks and sails some balls to open receivers but he's still learning. He wants to make plays and I can't be mad at him for anything he does wrong. He's a smart kid. It's going to "click" real soon for him.

Bet youre not saying that about Richardson.

Luck took a step forward this year, but he has been very average in terms of accuracy and he's less aggressive. 

It's still his 2nd year and he's still going to be very fine in this league in a few years. I'm not worried. 

And Brady's got more than a decade more NFL experience.

Yeah I guess we could throw that in. Sometimes I watch patriot games and :Cry:

I have visions of Andrew Luck behind an offensive line.... excuse me interior offensive line that actually cares enough to block for him and it just brings me to tears

Luck took a step forward this year, but he has been very average in terms of accuracy and he's less aggressive. 

It's still his 2nd year and he's still going to be very fine in this league in a few years. I'm not worried. 

Real question here:  do you think his lack of aggression is due to Pep's scheme?

Luck is a 2nd year QB, what do you expect from him? Absolute flawless execution all the time? No, not with the current offensive weapons and protection.

I can still see him trying to figure things out from a offensive perspective. I have seen plenty of throws that were off the mark, and then I have seen plenty of throws that make me go," holy s***!" 

He has done an amazing job leading the offense and team to wins, he just can't do everything right, all the time.

Real question here:  do you think his lack of aggression is due to Pep's scheme?

Pep's scheme focuses on efficiency and less shots down the field.

Bruce's scheme was aggressive and was more of a home-run offense.

So, yes, I think a good amount of it attributes to Pep's scheme. Still, I wish he were a bit more aggressive, because I don't think you can go far by being too conservative in the passing attack. I'm not saying Pep's is conservative, it just limits how aggressive Luck can be. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you don't want to be too conservative.

Yeah I guess we could throw that in. Sometimes I watch patriot games and :Cry:

I have visions of Andrew Luck behind an offensive line.... excuse me interior offensive line that actually cares enough to block for him and it just brings me to tears

I rarely watch Pat's games unless I want to see them crush somebody, or maybe for them to get crushed.  It's usually the former, which I've learned to enjoy despite my sometimes rabid dislike.

It was watching the Seahawks obliterate the Saints that brought me to tears.  I covet their corners something fierce.  Plus, like, anyone on that team that can catch a ball.  

I rarely watch Pat's games unless I want to see them crush somebody, or maybe for them to get crushed. It's usually the former, which I've learned to enjoy despite my sometimes rabid dislike.

It was watching the Seahawks obliterate the Saints that brought me to tears. I covet their corners something fierce. Plus, like, anyone on that team that can catch a ball.

I've been fond of the legion of boom. I've been watching Earl Thomas since his Texas days. Seeing him become one of the best if not the best safety in the NFL is a thing of beauty.

Seahawks also have an offensive line that brings me to tears :(