Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gary Kubiak for OC in 2014?

BProland85

With the firing of Kubiak, and the pressure on Pep to perform the rest of the season, would the Colts consider calling Kubiak who is an offensive minded guy, and someone who could help jump start our running game with the success they've had in Houston under his guidance.

No, he is the most predictable conservative play caller I ever watched, and I watched him every game for eight years. He has been getting booed for conservative play calling during games for years. Total opposite of Arians in every way

Yeah if you thought Pep was predictable and conservative, Kubiak is ten times that. He would hurt Luck's development.

Im fine with Pep, With a better interior O Line I think we will be able to do more things and Pep will be more creative, He clearly has some creative plays in the playbook that we have seen, they have just not worked out, I'd like if Pep implemented more of the QB roll outs that is a staple of Kubiaks offense

The difference between Kubiak and Arians is Schaub and Luck, Rothelisburger Manning, Palmer

Reference Kubiak when he was OC for Denver, with Elway....    that O was DYNAMIC.

It's all about the QB.

I would welcome such a move...   but it won't happen.

No, he is the most predictable conservative play caller I ever watched, and I watched him every game for eight years. He has been getting booed for conservative play calling during games for years. Total opposite of Arians in every way

The difference between Kubiak and Arians is Schaub and Luck, Rothelisburger Manning, Palmer

Reference Kubiak when he was OC for Denver, with Elway.... that O was DYNAMIC.

It's all about the QB.

I would welcome such a move... but it won't happen.

Um, did you forget that he had a 2,000 yard rusher in Terrell Davis? If you have that, it's easy to do play action and launch bombs with Elway.

Im fine with Pep, With a better interior O Line I think we will be able to do more things and Pep will be more creative, He clearly has some creative plays in the playbook that we have seen, they have just not worked out, I'd like if Pep implemented more of the QB roll outs that is a staple of Kubiaks offense

I think Pagano needs to let Luck let'r rip like Marchibroda did for Harbaugh back in 95'. What I mean by that is let him run when there nobody open and call some plays himself and not be so restrictive in the approach. I think with our o-line as bad as it is and our receiving core depleted Luck needs to continue to run for first downs and then we have a chance against Cincinnati and other good teams. 

Reference Kubiak when he was OC for Denver, with Elway....    that O was DYNAMIC.

It's all about the QB.

I would welcome such a move...   but it won't happen.

It sounds like we need o-line coach as well. 

I think Pagano needs to let Luck let'r rip like Marchibroda did for Harbaugh back in 95'. What I mean by that is let him run when there nobody open and call some plays himself and not be so restrictive in the approach. I think with our o-line as bad as it is and our receiving core depleted Luck needs to continue to run for first downs and then we have a chance against Cincinnati and other good teams. 

Luck could have alot of leeway when it comes to all that already

Um, did you forget that he had a 2,000 yard rusher in Terrell Davis? If you have that, it's easy to do play action and launch bombs with Elway.

It's the same system that make stars out of Tatum Bell, Clinton Portis, Alfred Morris, Arian Foster, Ben Tate etc.

You can think Terrell Davis made the system, but I'd respectfully take the opposite position.

It's the same system that make stars out of Tatum Bell, Clinton Portis, Alfred Morris, Arian Foster, Ben Tate etc.

You can think Terrell Davis made the system, but I'd respectfully take the opposite position.

A system with a great offensive line. Something the Colts don't have yet.

It's plays and designs are entirely too predictable, moreso than Peps system this year. Which is why both Houston and Washington have struggled offensively this year. Teams have enough film on it to combat it.

By the way if you consider Ben Tate, Alfred Morris and Tatum Bell star players then you have some evaluating to do. Clinton Portis was good outside of that system as well. Just saying.

With the firing of Kubiak, and the pressure on Pep to perform the rest of the season, would the Colts consider calling Kubiak who is an offensive minded guy, and someone who could help jump start our running game with the success they've had in Houston under his guidance.

Kibiak doesn't believe in letting the QB control the play calling at the line of scrimmage --- Pass

:scratch:

WHY ?  Because he did such a great job this year .   Success  ??   measured how  ??  just 1 minor heart attack as opposed to 2 ?? 

Shaub was under his guidance  how did he fix that ?    :applause:   I say let the Jets have him ..

The running game will improve when the o-line improves .

I agree keep pep, get him some more talent

Kibiak doesn't believe in letting the QB control the play calling at the line of scrimmage --- Pass

I don't think there is anything that has been as inaccurately reported/discussed as that scenario in the Seattle game. My understanding was that he was saying the motion on the play had started and therefore making it too late to audible. He was not saying that Schaub was prevented from ever calling an audible - just that it was too late on that particular play.

There is no way that a HC & OC does not give a veteran QB the abiilty to get out of what are obviously bad plays based on defense.

To the premise of the thread - I like Kubiak as an OC but just not for the Colts in 2014. Pep needs more time with a full roster before deciding to give Luck another OC to work with.

Don't forget we were ranked in the top teams in the NFL even after several key injuries . Our offence has been decimated this season and were not a deep team at this point were still rebuilding and winning games . Once we get more depth and add a few more key players we will be a force for years and bring home SB's . Most teams that lost there best 2 RB's there best WR and TE while there D had key players out would be playing for draft pics not thinking about how they can stay in contention . With everything we've gone through if Luck can get a cadence with the receivers we have and our D gets healthy we could still get hot and make a deep playoff run or even make in to the Bowl .

Who was the OC for the said 2000 yard rusher?

What team has had the BEST running game in the NFL the last few years?

HMmm?

I think Pep deserves a chance...   that said if a Gary K would WANT to come to Indy and run this O?

I would LOVE IT ...     He has had success and the NFL level running the ball.   And knows how to do it.

No college nonsense....     

But Pep is going nowhere and GK probably needs to rest and regroup.   He is a great O mind that said.

I think Pep deserves a chance...   that said if a Gary K would WANT to come to Indy and run this O?

I would LOVE IT ...     He has had success and the NFL level running the ball.   And knows how to do it.

No college nonsense....     

But Pep is going nowhere and GK probably needs to rest and regroup.   He is a great O mind that said.

I could see him winding up in Washington.  They like to run the ball not just with RG3 but their runningbacks as well.  I think there is going to be a coaching change there as well so I could see them bringing in another coach but then Kubiak being brought in to run the offense. Heck I think Snyder will throw big bucks at Cowher to get him in there.