Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How far will the Colts go?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

How far will the Colts go?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. How far in the playoffs will the Colts go?

• Wild Card weekend
    • 2nd round
    • AFC Championship
    • Super Bowl
    • Win Super Bowl

So now that we basically clinched the division, we can talk about the playoffs. 

While we've struggled recently and have looked like a college team, the Colts have still won 4 out of their last 6. They know how to win. 

I think we can fix some things from now until the playoffs and look to make a run. Hopefully we can get the 3rd seed so we don't have to play the Chiefs. Next week's game vs. the Bengals basically determines who will get that 3rd seed. 

So my prediction is we make it to the AFC Championship game after doing some upsetting and surprising the NFL. 

I hate to say it, but were just too injured and not talented enough on the o-line to go any further than one and done. Anything is possible, but everything being equal...meaning our opponent just don't play terrible...then were done. If not for all the injuries, then I think we could have gone all the way to the SB, but that isn't the case so it's a moot point.

I hate to say it, but were just too injured and not talented enough on the o-line to go any further than one and done. Anything is possible, but everything being equal...meaning our opponent just don't play terrible...then were done. If not for all the injuries, then I think we could have gone all the way to the SB, but that isn't the case so it's a moot point.

Sadly I agree. With our play the last few weeks we could even get our heads beat in in the playoffs. Things could change, we could get a spark. But right now it's not there.

next weeks game has zero to do with how the team will perform in the playoffs.

If the Colts lose then they will play Kansas City. You and I both know that the offense (with its struggles right now) will not beat Kansas City and that defense in the playoffs. Now, if they play any of the sixth seed teams, then they have a chance.

This next game vs. Cincinnati will decide how the Colts do in the playoffs. If they lose to the Bengals, then they will be one and done. If they win, they might make a run.

I've thought the very same thing. I don't expect the Colts to win, but if they do, it will indicate that they are again capable of beating very good teams.

Hard to be confident in this team right now...

If we win this weekend against the Bengals we'll probably face the Ravens, Dolphins, or Chargers at home (I like our chances against any of these 3 at home)

If we lose this weekend we'll more than likely play the Chiefs at home (I like our chances, but not as much)

Really hope we can pull a miracle and win this weekend.

I`m a homer. Win the Super Bowl. I honestly thought they`d get blown out heading into each game vs Niners, Seahawks and Broncos. I thought they`d beat the Dolphins, Rams and Cardinals. Right now they aren't the same team that played smash mouth against the Niners and insane against the Broncos that's for sure. I don't know what this team is capable of, might as well win it all

If the Colts lose then they will play Kansas City. You and I both know that the offense (with its struggles right now) will not beat Kansas City and that defense in the playoffs. Now, if they play any of the sixth seed teams, then they have a chance.

I seem to remember having the same sentiment a few years back when the Colts had to face KC and their monster running back - Priest Holmes.  I kinda like how that one turned out.  :^)

If they keep going out, doing what they are doing, then yes, they are probably one and done.  The talent simply isn't there to pull it off.

Conceivably, they could compete with what they have on offense.  IMO this is how you try to do it: 

- Until, he proves otherwise, the 2013 Richardson experiment should end.  Given what every other back has shown this season, with Richardson on the bench, I'm not so sure they couldn't be a successful running team.

- Get the ball out of Luck's hands quickly through play design.  You simply do not have the pass blocking or talent and experience at receiver to run a precision, down-the-field passing game.  Take a handul of timely shots a game with TY, yes, but other than that, it should be dink and dunk mania.  Dust off some tape of early Brady to see how Charlie Weis did it. 

- Encourage Luck to pick his spots and run more.  Design some red zone plays with a pass/run option.  No, we don't want 2012 RGIII, but under the current circumstances, Luck can help the team with his legs. 

- Bench DHB.  Consider benching Satele. 

Because if anyone is going to take advantage of our Oline's lack of talent & SKILL, it'll be a playoff team. We don't get that fixed...we have a problem.

We'll see. ;)

Seattle has a pretty bad O-line and they've adjusted well. The problem is the Colts call plays like they have a good o-line.