Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'Rick Rogers

mintor

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darick comes in a play a couple plays great why did they take him out ?

Height: 6' 3" Weight: 215 lb.

Born: June 18, 1991 (age 22), Atlanta, Georgia

College: Tennessee Tech

he young has talent

If you had checked all the other threads about him you would have seen he a had 7 or so snaps. Just wasn't thrown to besides the PI call.

He has to earn his way up.  I know people will cry and scream DHB is no better, which is true, but he earned his spot in the coaches eyes.  Right now, Da'Rick is the 4th WR on the depth chart.  If he continues to show flashes and prove to the coaches he deserve to move up, I have no doubt in my that Pags will do so.  Remember, we have to teach Da'Rick to earn his time and improve his maturity.  Making him work for his spot instead of giving it to him is better.  His report says he quits on plays and doing this will knock that out of him.

His time will come.  Just have to be patient.

He showe the ability to separate from the defender a few times, i did not count his plays that he was in there (must have been less then 5 I think) but even though he did not produce he showed he has more physical ability to separate then any wr on our roster

He has to earn his way up.  I know people will cry and scream DHB is no better, which is true, but he earned his spot in the coaches eyes.  Right now, Da'Rick is the 4th WR on the depth chart.  If he continues to show flashes and prove to the coaches he deserve to move up, I have no doubt in my that Pags will do so.  Remember, we have to teach Da'Rick to earn his time and improve his maturity.  Making him work for his spot instead of giving it to him is better.  His report says he quits on plays and doing this will knock that out of him.

His time will come.  Just have to be patient.

He was on the field for 7 snaps and made some pretty big impact type of plays (which i've discussed with you previously). He also threw a big block  for andrew on that long scramble run. The flashes of major potential are there...no question. He usually does/or did take plays off (plays not directly involving him) in the past, but that big block showed me, maybe the coaching turned him around. He should split time with  'L.B.' next game. I want to get him in open space, because he seems so much stronger than DHB.

He was on the field for 7 snaps and made some pretty big impact type of plays (which i've discussed with you previously). He also threw a big block  for andrew on that long scramble run. The flashes of major potential are there...no question. He usually does/or did take plays off (plays not directly involving him) in the past, but that big block showed me, maybe the coaching turned him around. He should split time with  'L.B.' next game. I want to get him in open space, because he seems so much stronger than DHB.

Hopefully the coaches begin to work him in.  All the good things we are seeing, you can bet Pags is seeing also.  Only a few more games of Darrius Hand of Brick.

what up side does DHB bring to the team? Blocking? Route Running? What good is route running if when u get open you drop the ball? Throw someone else out there. Could it be any worse? 

He is not even a good route runner, no deceptiviness in his routes

Rogers will get his shot against the Bengals after seeing DHB missed the wide open catch. He has had drops this season before, but that had to be by far the easiest one to make. Blair White would've caught that.

They benched him for one drive, then he was right back in the game. DHB will be starting again next week, unfortunately.

DHB is definitely getting more time in because of his experience and his hard work. Ask anybody during training camp and practice, the guy works very hard, but just doesn't produce in game situations.

I was listening in on the radio and the only play I heard Da'Rick being in on was the PI call.

Give him time, I think he may move up on the depth chart.

Also, I still don't believe this kid is the savior most people think he is.

I was told that in practice he is showing flashes of the all sec receiver he was. He is building chemistry with Luck now in practice. Getting their timing down. I look to see more of DaR in the coming weeks.

I don't take many practice squad guys to seriously, but on the one play he was thrown to, he pretty much owned one of the better corners in the league. Kid looks like he wants to play ball and I like that. :thmup:

Time will tell.

Hopefully the coaches begin to work him in.  All the good things we are seeing, you can bet Pags is seeing also.  Only a few more games of Darrius Hand of Brick.

Rogers reminds me of cris carter and people were saying the same stuff about him too back in the day. I think buddy ryan (eagle days) cut him, because he was being a pain in the %%% and generally being lazy and to this day cris himself credits ryan for changing him and his career. Now if only rogers can become another carter.

Rogers reminds me of cris carter and people were saying the same stuff about him too back in the day. I think buddy ryan (eagle days) cut him, because he was being a pain in the %%% and generally being lazy and to this day cris himself credits ryan for changing him and his career. Now if only rogers can become another carter.

Yeah, I think it will work.  It seems like it is.

Yeah, I think it will work.  It seems like it is.

I know its premature to debate rogers, but he played 7 snaps, got seperation on nearly all of them, drew a P.I., which should've been a TD and threw a game changing block for andrew. Its scary to think of what he could do with DHB snaps.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I know its premature to debate rogers, but he played 7 snaps, got seperation on nearly all of them, drew a P.I., which should've been a TD and threw a game changing block for andrew. Its scary to think of what he could do with DHB snaps.

What was this game-changing block? The 24 yard run was DHB blocking.

He wouldn't have got a TD out of it b/c of the safety storming him. A catch for sure though. Let's not crown him for something he didn't and wouldn't have done.

It made me happy to see Rogers and Hilton on the field (without DHB) in a lot of packages at the end of the game. While he didn't get many balls thrown his way, I think that Pagano has faith in his ability and believes it will blossom over time. He was well ahead of his defender on the first pass thrown his way and drew the flag. I think he has more potential than any other receiver on our roster excluding Hilton. Watch the tape, Rogers will be a huge factor for us in the future if he keeps his head on straight and his mouth firmly shut.

You know I have not seen this Colts team looked this bad in the Luck era ever until yesterday. That offensive line just got completely outclassed yesterday in every facet. I really honestly believe that Lavon Brazil is a diamond in the dirt, but the Colts have to bring him up the depth chart or give him more opportunity's. Because I believe they really not giving him enough to get him in a rhythm I mean for sakes the guy was out for 4gms. The Colts are too predictable they keep throwing it to Fleener or Heyward Bey that's it and Brown sometimes. Why not throw some slants routes to Brazil or deep balls he can straight up fly or reversals I mean what's up? Colts.

They benched him for one drive, then he was right back in the game. DHB will be starting again next week, unfortunately.

I was at the game and was glad to see him out of there. I told my friends around me that if he got sent right back out there after that huge drop, I was heading for the bar because this coaching staff doesn't have the stones to pull underperforming players. Again, imo, DHB shouldn't even dress next week, it's called a message Pagano. I wished he could consult BB for a bit of player management and ways to address players without feeling like you have to coddle them. This isn't camp, you don't have to keep boosting them up after every mess up. Its been about 5 years and the same issues are present.

It was interesting that they brought him back in for that next series and used him as a decoy and blocker for Lucks big run. I am fine with DHB as a blocker or reverse kinda guy but never throw him the ball again!!

Guest TeamLoloJones

It made me happy to see Rogers and Hilton on the field (without DHB) in a lot of packages at the end of the game. While he didn't get many balls thrown his way, I think that Pagano has faith in his ability and believes it will blossom over time. He was well ahead of his defender on the first pass thrown his way and drew the flag. I think he has more potential than any other receiver on our roster excluding Hilton. Watch the tape, Rogers will be a huge factor for us in the future if he keeps his head on straight and his mouth firmly shut.

I try not to overreact when Rogers didn't even make a catch, but the guy just popped out of the screen while screaming "I'm an NFL caliber WR!"  I have never seen that from DHB.  As bad as DHB hands are, his route running may be worse.  The coaches need to bench DHB.  They gave him plenty of opportunities to make his case to be a starter and he blew it repeatedly.  DHB can't take any heat off of Hilton.  If Rogers can keep the defense honest like Reggie did, then Hilton will be able to get freed up.  By the way, just to throw this out there because I've been meaning to do it: COBY FLEENER IS A FLAT OUT STUD TE!!!

dhb "SUCKS" plain and simple, him dropping that ball was "DISGUSTING" along with all the many other dropped balls he's had this year, he's hurting our team just like Richardson was doing, so like Richardson he needs to be demoted, Brazil or Rogers can't possibly do any worse than him, hopefully Pagano will make a change this week.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Rogers beat Verner on a go route that resulted in a penalty. You could see the way the Titans cb's played off coverage  knowing that any moment he could run right by them. Rogers needs to start he has the talent just needs the reps.

Funny how the guy off the practice squad scared the defense more than DHB did.  I'm sure the Titans had to put on Roger's college film because they have very little NFL film of him.  That would explain why they were scared of him.

Funny how the guy off the practice squad scared the defense more than DHB did.  I'm sure the Titans had to put on Roger's college film because they have very little NFL film of him.  That would explain why they were scared of him.

I'm trying to figure out if you are serious or being sarcastic.  Either way if you where a defense preparing for the Colts would you be scared of DHB?  He's fast but he can't catch any ball beyond 10 yards and even inside of 10 yards he drops half of those.

As far as Da'Rick. . . Especially with the way DHB is playing I thought he earned more playing time.  On the one time he was targeted he drew a PI call which set us up for a FG.  

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'm trying to figure out if you are serious or being sarcastic.  Either way if you where a defense preparing for the Colts would you be scared of DHB?  He's fast but he can't catch any ball beyond 10 yards and even inside of 10 yards he drops half of those.

As far as Da'Rick. . . Especially with the way DHB is playing I thought he earned more playing time.  On the one time he was targeted he drew a PI call which set us up for a FG.  

haha sorry if I sounded sarcastic.  I was being dead serious.