Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'Rick Rogers

mintor

Funny how the guy off the practice squad scared the defense more than DHB did.  I'm sure the Titans had to put on Roger's college film because they have very little NFL film of him.  That would explain why they were scared of him.

THIS. 

When your brand new receiver off the practice squad is better than your starting receiver. It's a no brainer who should be starting.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS. 

When your brand new receiver off the practice squad is better than your starting receiver. It's a no brainer who should be starting.

We've seen so little of Da'Rick it's hard to say that he's better.  But in all fairness you have to ask the question, "What it is it exactly that we are losing if we pull DHB for Da'Rick.  

To me it's just one of those things where I'm wondering what it would hurt.  

We've seen so little of Da'Rick it's hard to say that he's better. But in all fairness you have to ask the question, "What it is it exactly that we are losing if we pull DHB for Da'Rick.

The real only downside that I can see for putting Rogers in for DHB is if Rogers isn't on the same page as Luck and runs the wrong routes causing some turnovers and big incompletions. Luck and Rogers need to get a ton of reps together because we need someone to get DHB off the field.

what up side does DHB bring to the team? Blocking? Route Running? What good is route running if when u get open you drop the ball? Throw someone else out there. Could it be any worse? 

Yeah,  they don't even waste a DB covering Bey anymore because he is odds on to drop the pass.

The real only downside that I can see for putting Rogers in for DHB is if Rogers isn't on the same page as Luck and runs the wrong routes causing some turnovers and big incompletions. Luck and Rogers need to get a ton of reps together because we need someone to get DHB off the field.

Unless they think Da'Rick is just going to go off the reservation and run his own routes, one would think he he'd be on the same page by now.  He's been with the team and practicing with the team since the beginning of the season either on the Practice Squad or on the roster.

He should know the routes by now.  

Unless they think Da'Rick is just going to go off the reservation and run his own routes, one would think he he'd be on the same page by now. He's been with the team and practicing with the team since the beginning of the season either on the Practice Squad or on the roster.

He should know the routes by now.

Of course he should but we won't know until he gets more balls thrown to him. Plus, we really don't know how much Luck and Rogers have worked together.

You said you didn't see any downsides and I was just playing devils advocate by giving one possible downside. Don't get me wrong I'm 100% for Rogers getting more PT and DHB getting benched. I'm excited for Rogers potential.

Baby steps,

He needs to get some game snaps just to get a taste of the speed of the game. Don't expect too much from him right now but if he can translate his college talents to the NFL he's going to be a good player for us I'm sure of it.

Rushing him out there is only going to cause more damage than anything else.

Patience people.

Hopefully the coaches begin to work him in.  All the good things we are seeing, you can bet Pags is seeing also.  Only a few more games of Darrius Hand of Brick.

Pagano is a stubborn cuss...he plays vets first regardless of how poor they are...and he gives rookies only a few reps until they 'pay their dues'.

He has to earn his way up.  I know people will cry and scream DHB is no better, which is true, but he earned his spot in the coaches eyes.  Right now, Da'Rick is the 4th WR on the depth chart.  If he continues to show flashes and prove to the coaches he deserve to move up, I have no doubt in my that Pags will do so.  Remember, we have to teach Da'Rick to earn his time and improve his maturity.  Making him work for his spot instead of giving it to him is better.  His report says he quits on plays and doing this will knock that out of him.

His time will come.  Just have to be patient.

I would normally agree with what you're saying but we really don't have time to be patient, the playoffs are around the corner.  Fleener and Hilton are the only ones contributing in our receiving core.  And even those guys are inconsistent.  Lets throw Rogers in and see what we have now.  What more harm would it do?  He actually might catch a few balls that DHB would normally drop. 

Pagano is a stubborn cuss...he plays vets first regardless of how poor they are...and he gives rookies only a few reps until they 'pay their dues'.

And you know this how????  maybbe they aren't performing in practice...many other possibilities.  Pagano or any other NFL coach would not hurt his team just to play a veteran over a performing andable rookie...... Did he play a vet over Luck last year?

We've seen so little of Da'Rick it's hard to say that he's better.  But in all fairness you have to ask the question, "What it is it exactly that we are losing if we pull DHB for Da'Rick.  

I guess at least when Da'rick throws up his hands for PI, he gets the call compared to DHB. lol 

I would normally agree with what you're saying but we really don't have time to be patient, the playoffs are around the corner.  Fleener and Hilton are the only ones contributing in our receiving core.  And even those guys are inconsistent.  Lets throw Rogers in and see what we have now.  What more harm would it do?  He actually might catch a few balls that DHB would normally drop. 

I keep seeing this "throw him in there what could it hurt mentality" ...

It could possibly set back or destroy any progress we have made with Rogers.  I don't know if this is the case, but judging from the articles about him one of Rogers biggest issues is that he gets discouraged and has trouble putting it behind him on future plays if he makes a mistake or something goes wrong with the play. 

IF this is the case than that is what they are trying to work on with him, so they are probably being very careful about what kind of situations they put him in. 

What if they feel that bringing him along super slowly (not throwing him in full games this season) has the best chances of allowing him to realize his potential and possibly become an elite WR, but their timeline for full service is next preseason .... Is it worth throwing away what he could be for what he might bring to the table now?  You don't think if Reggie and the other coaches thought he was ready and able to come in and play at a high level they wouldn't have him in there? 

We have so many problems right now that even if he comes in and plays to the level of a decent rookie WR, that's not going to get us to the SB ... and if that's the case why risk breaking something that with patience could potentially pay off in a huge way next season.

I keep seeing this "throw him in there what could it hurt mentality" ...

It could possibly set back or destroy any progress we have made with Rogers.  I don't know if this is the case, but judging from the articles about him one of Rogers biggest issues is that he gets discouraged and has trouble putting it behind him on future plays if he makes a mistake or something goes wrong with the play. 

IF this is the case than that is what they are trying to work on with him, so they are probably being very careful about what kind of situations they put him in. 

What if they feel that bringing him along super slowly (not throwing him in full games this season) has the best chances of allowing him to realize his potential and possibly become an elite WR, but their timeline for full service is next preseason .... Is it worth throwing away what he could be for what he might bring to the table now?  You don't think if Reggie and the other coaches thought he was ready and able to come in and play at a high level they wouldn't have him in there? 

We have so many problems right now that even if he comes in and plays to the level of a decent rookie WR, that's not going to get us to the SB ... and if that's the case why risk breaking something that with patience could potentially pay off in a huge way next season.

If the guy's psyche is really that brittle, then I can understand why the Bills cut him. Honestly, I don't see how a receiver at this level, even off the practice squad, could have that mentality and have made it this far. That's the kind of thing you see at your son's pee wee games, not in the NFL. No, this is just more of the same stubborn to a fault loyalty to the vets bologna from Pagano/Pep. DHB has EARNED his spot on the bench at this point. Rogers should be promoted out of principle because he is the next guy up.

Pagano finally had to make a move and got rid of Reed so maybe he will finally wake up after yet another dreadful performance by DHB this past Sunday.

what I dont understand is why dhb doesnt wanna catch with his hands. hes always trying to catch it with his body honestly I cant see us getting rid of dhb just because we need depth. he'll probably get another one year contract

what I dont understand is why dhb doesnt wanna catch with his hands. hes always trying to catch it with his body honestly I cant see us getting rid of dhb just because we need depth. he'll probably get another one year contract

Why??? We have an entire offseason to find another WR. No way DHB is back. He's burnt his bridge in Indy and proven exactly what I said about him before we signed him...he freaking sucks!!!

Why??? We have an entire offseason to find another WR. No way DHB is back. He's burnt his bridge in Indy and proven exactly what I said about him before we signed him...he freaking sucks!!!

Who would you recommend we replace him with? Give him more time to work with luck and Wayne. One year contract for 1.5 is nothing

Who would you recommend we replace him with? Give him more time to work with luck and Wayne. One year contract for 1.5 is nothing

He don't need more time with Luck, dude just can't catch...plain and simple. He's not gonna learn how to now if he hasn't yet. There will be all kinds of WR's available through free agency and the draft. All of which, I would bet...is better than DHB. No way he's getting resigned.

He don't need more time with Luck, dude just can't catch...plain and simple. He's not gonna learn how to now if he hasn't yet. There will be all kinds of WR's available through free agency and the draft. All of which, I would bet...is better than DHB. No way he's getting resigned.

You could be right. I expect us to go wr or s as our first pick depending on what we do in fa. We could also use a 34 DE since reding isn't getting any younger

You could be right. I expect us to go wr or s as our first pick depending on what we do in fa. We could also use a 34 DE since reding isn't getting any younger

I agree. I hope to God though, that our 1st and 2nd priorities in free agency is center and guard.

I agree. I hope to God though, that our 1st and 2nd priorities in free agency is center and guard.

I think the colts rather see Holmes then sign a center. The colts already have Thomas and Thornton so I can't see that either

I think the colts rather see Holmes then sign a center. The colts already have Thomas and Thornton so I can't see that either

The fact that Holmes is getting no chance what so ever don't give me much hope for him. I hope I'm wrong about that, but we'll have to see. as for the guard position, I'm not sure Thomas will be ready at the beginning of next season, I hope he is because he was pretty good when healthy. Thornton started out alright, but he has been kind of disappointing as the season went on. I still think we need a serious upgrade at a guard spot, we can't continue to let Luck get hit on every other snap and have absolutely no time to make his reads. If O-line isn't the top priority this offseason, I'm going to start seriously questioning Grigson's decision making skills.

I think we go wr or olb since Mathis is not getting any younger and Im not sure that Walden will be back yet, Obviously we will need to find Reggies replacement as well. Either OLB or WR or Center or Guard depending on whos the BPA available.......I wont be surprised if we hang on to Satele either......Waste of money but I wont surprised