Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McNary elevated, Reed and Cunningham cut, Howell to IR [Merge]

arkana04

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes sense and as far as the money goes , I think I remember hearing that you can actually match the money offer that player might receive from another team. Other words , there is no set limit on what you can pay a practice squad player. 

I'm not sure. I remember having a similar understanding, but I think I saw something that contradicts that. Bottom line, I don't know if you can match.

There's no maximum salary or anything, so if someone wants to pay a practice squad player $10m/year, they could. Not gonna happen, though.

I'm not sure. I remember having a similar understanding, but I think I saw something that contradicts that. Bottom line, I don't know if you can match.

There's no maximum salary or anything, so if someone wants to pay a practice squad player $10m/year, they could. Not gonna happen, though.

Didn't the titans try to keep Antonio Johnson when we claimed him off waivers a few years back. I thought I remember reading the Titans offered to up his pay if he would stay. Maybe I was dreaming that.....

Didn't the titans try to keep Antonio Johnson when we claimed him off waivers a few years back. I thought I remember reading the Titans offered to up his pay if he would stay. Maybe I was dreaming that.....

My memory is hazy on that as well. They might have offered to put him on their active roster, and he chose to come to the Colts anyways. 

That means Rogers will be active this week.

I'm so scared to even assume that this week unless I hear verbatim from Chuck "Yes he will play".  

I was so excited last week thinking he would play, and then game time came and I saw "inactive".

Man I was  dissapointed!

Rogers must not show much more than what Whalen does during practice or something. I doubt he will play against the Titans because it is a huge game for us. I'm hoping we get to see Rainey do some kick returns but we shall see. I doubt we see McNary for some time too. Seems like that's how it goes.

And in unison, the Colts forum members cried out in joy.

I feel the need to give Dustin a standing ovation for this popular post.....but since it is David Reed I need to take a knee!!!  A little symbolism never hurt now did it?

Did anyone else learn how to 'take a knee' in Pee Wee Football?   ;)

My memory is hazy on that as well. They might have offered to put him on their active roster, and he chose to come to the Colts anyways. 

I'm pretty sure we claimed a player that the team tried to keep by paying him more money ... thought was Mookie. Anyway tried to find more on this and at least found something confirming that you can pay more if so desired.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/9/1/4682770/negotiations-with-practice-squad-players-can-be-tricky

Looking forward to the 'Lieutenant' making a guest appearance...whether special teams or on the defense.....wondering where they will play him ....

Kept my eye on him looked pretty good IMO caused some dissruption in the pass rush ,made another good play or 2 .Sp Teams seems he was always right at the ball.Think hes gonna help this team. :thmup:  Although he didn't play a lot.

Kept my eye on him looked pretty good IMO caused some dissruption in the pass rush ,made another good play or 2 .Sp Teams seems he was always right at the ball.Think hes gonna help this team. :thmup:  Although he didn't play a lot.

Yes he played well on Special Teams and had a QB pressure that stopped a drive.  Nice start for the Lieutenant!!  He looked strong and fast, and he was in position when I saw him.  Nice start.

Yes he played well on Special Teams and had a QB pressure that stopped a drive.  Nice start for the Lieutenant!!  He looked strong and fast, and he was in position when I saw him.  Nice start.

He also launched #71 on the strip-sack return.