Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nobody seems to be talking about the game

LUCKy

I feel like we as fans are overlooking this game.  Is it not that interesting to us?  They are a good team that could easily beat us and derail that #2 seed.  I'm hoping we can start a little better and get trent some more screen passes and hopefully toller plays and plays up against his old team.  It would be nice to get our D back to 100% and see how effective they can be against another good back...

Most are assuming New England will drop to Denver, which makes this game less important, especially since its an NFC game. Fans can overlook whatever they want and it wont affect the team.

Theres very littlen to discuss about Arizona this early in the week as well. They have a good run game. They have fast corners and a very good run defense. Their QB is a statue who will implode if hes pressured, but explode if hes not. Arizona is good but unintersting, you just have to go out and beat them.

I'll be interested to see what Arians knows about us and vice versa.

I think having the depth in the secondary getting healthy is a big advantage for the Colts.

Gotta stay away from Patrick Peterson.

He knows nothing of our offense but whats on film and there was enough defensive turnover that the knowledge there is negligible. Arians cant run the same offence he did in Indy because the Arizona personelle is wildly different.

The playbook knowledge is minimal. The only advantage would be to Arians, as he knows player tendencies when plays break down from hands on experience.

He knows nothing of our offense but whats on film and there was enough defensive turnover that the knowledge there is negligible. Arians cant run the same offence he did in Indy because the Arizona personelle is wildly different.

The playbook knowledge is minimal. The only advantage would be to Arians, as he knows player tendencies when plays break down from hands on experience.

Well, we know Arians scheme. He know's the Colts players and where the weakness's are. I don't think you can just down play the familiarity. 

I feel like we as fans are overlooking this game.  Is it not that interesting to us?  They are a good team that could easily beat us and derail that #2 seed.  I'm hoping we can start a little better and get trent some more screen passes and hopefully toller plays and plays up against his old team.  It would be nice to get our D back to 100% and see how effective they can be against another good back...

Maybe all those people who talked about how we were going to roll the Rams learned their lesson?  We shouldn't take any team lightly.

I will be at the game, so I just hope I don't jinx it...

I have never seen the Colts win an away game when in attendance...

I have only seen the Colts lose one home game when in attendance (the Jets game in '09 & I won't even get started on that deadhorse)...

So needless to say, if they drop this game against the Cards, I will never attend an away game ever...

We need to attack through the air early on. No more trying to establish the run for the first half and come out with zero points. 

The Cards D is #3 against the run, and #19 against the pass. Their apparent "weakness" is covering TE's, so I'm glad we are going with 4 TE's this game. 

I say use the TE's on chip blocks, and send em out for short passes. Throw to T-Rich out of the backfield and let him get YAC. Reverse to DHB and exploit his speed. Handoff to Brown out of 3-4 WR sets, and screen to Brown and Richardson. Maybe a flea flicker in there and send T.Y. flying. 

Boom

Guest TeamLoloJones

We need to attack through the air early on. No more trying to establish the run for the first half and come out with zero points. 

The Cards D is #3 against the run, and #19 against the pass. Their apparent "weakness" is covering TE's, so I'm glad we are going with 4 TE's this game. 

I say use the TE's on chip blocks, and send em out for short passes. Throw to T-Rich out of the backfield and let him get YAC. Reverse to DHB and exploit his speed. Handoff to Brown out of 3-4 WR sets, and screen to Brown and Richardson. Maybe a flea flicker in there and send T.Y. flying. 

Boom

I've seen the same thing in regards to TE's.  I'm hoping Fleener goes all Coby all over these Cards.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Richardson gets ball and is dropped immediately for a two yard loss. Hand off to brown. Ten yard gain. 3rd and 2 and luck drops back throws to dhb. The pass lands right in his hands and he drops it.

Which name do you prefer? Debbie Downer or Negative Nancy?

Probably because Colts fans don't know what Colts team to expect. 

Cards fans, however, are pretty confident they're going to roll us.

It'll be a tough game, with both teams fighting for the win, but I think the Colts will pull it out because we have a greater win urgency.

LOL..I can assure you there isnt a true cards fan who thinks we're "going to roll" you guys.

I doubt the "greater win urgency" we are right in the thick of many teams fighting for the wild card game.

What worries me more is the colts are coming off 10 days of rest in the middle of the season.

One thing you will see from us is a lot of pressure on Andrew Luck. That will be the deciding factor in the game.

LOL..I can assure you there isnt a true cards fan who thinks we're "going to roll" you guys.

I doubt the "greater win urgency" we are right in the thick of many teams fighting for the wild card game.

What worries me more is the colts are coming off 10 days of rest in the middle of the season.

One thing you will see from us is a lot of pressure on Andrew Luck. That will be the deciding factor in the game.

Really? You should read some posts. It's mostly Cards fans saying they will "beat us", or "destroy us" or we have "no chance"

And by win urgency, I mean both teams want to make the playoffs. If they beat us, we lose 2nd seed. If we beat them, we end their chances.

Really? You should read some posts. It's mostly Cards fans saying they will "beat us", or "destroy us" or we have "no chance"

And by win urgency, I mean both teams want to make the playoffs. If they beat us, we lose 2nd seed. If we beat them, we end their chances.

You do realize that would give Arizona MORE incentive to win right? The Colts could care less about an NFC teams playoff hopes, and NFC games mean far less in terms of tiebreakers for seeding. This is why the Rams game can be written off with no ill effects.

Arizona also is a matchup problem. If we let Ellington get going, there will be no path to winning.

Boom

good tight ends like vernon davis and jimmy graham have killed us. But we have tightened things up since getting our stud LB daryl washington back.

Still the underneath routes have been our weakness. Overall our D is very stout. The best I have seen in a long time here.

It's Andrew luck and his arm and legs that have me more concerned.

good tight ends like vernon davis and jimmy graham have killed us. But we have tightened things up since getting our stud LB daryl washington back.

Still the underneath routes have been our weakness. Overall our D is very stout. The best I have seen in a long time here.

It's Andrew luck and his arm and legs that have me more concerned.

Arizona has arguably the second best defense in the NFL, only trailing the Chiefs. Andrew Luck is very talented and can do lots of things, but his recieving corp lets him down a lot with drops galore. TY Hilton is the only proven reliable WR. Coby Fleener has been coming on at TE however. He is a hybrid TE like Jimmy Grahm, more of a massive slot reciever with breakaway speed than a traditonal TE.

Many are hoping Da'Rick Rogers who was just elevated off the practice squad can provide a spark, as he was fantastic in college and has all the measurables, but has lacked the maturity to make an NFL roster to this point.

I am very worried about this game. The Cardinals have won 3 straight. They are 6-4 and right in the middle of the NFC playoff picture. Plus, their coach clearly knows a little about us. Our reputation for playing up and down to our opponent also bothers me. The Cardinals have a tough defense. We as fans are wrong for overlooking this game. 

Fortunately I believe in Luck. I believe in Pagano. They will have us ready. We should have some extra fire in our belly too, with a clear path to the #2 seed now easily within our grasp.

Because this really isn't that amazing of a game compared to other games slated this week? Sure it's a game I can see us losing, but I don't think it's the most interesting game. Arizona has a nice winning streak, they're at home, we've been shaky the last couple of weeks and it won't be a surprise if we lose a close game or we win big. No real reason to overlook them or this game, but there's nothing about this game that makes you go "Game of the week it's a must watch". The #2 seed in all honesty is exceeding expectations and not the most realistic position. Would it be awesome if we got it? Of course it would be, but I'm not holding my breath. 

I couldn't agree more!! This is a very formidable opponent we can't look past this team this team is very solid. 

I'm not overlooking it, I'm dreading what first half Colts teams comes out for the kickoff, the 69-9 team of the last 3 games, or a balanced and effective offensive attack that's efficient and is representative of a playoff caliber team?  Bruce is doing as well for AZ as he did for Colts/Pagano last year.  He appears to be HC material.  His teams are not to be taken lightly.  I'm sure Colts players know, from being under him last year.  They will prepare well.