Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell/coaching (Merge)

number28

Caldwell and the FO are to blame....The FO should have had a serious plan for Manning not playing....As for Caldwell, you're an NFL coach and you just go through the motions....He doesn't even attempt to look like he wants to win.....

Exactly,to put so much success of a team on one player{even a great one}is risky.What exactly do we give polian credit for then?I could have drafted Peyton.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time to admit that Manning made pro bowlers out of most of the pro bowlers on the team on both sides of the ball. Most of these players would not have been pro bowlers without Manning as you can see now. All of a sudden we have no pro bowlers on the team.

i agree as of right now we dont. manning made these guys who they are. it doesnt help by making freeney run 50 yards every play to get ot the qb either

lol yea i didnt know 62 points was possible

I hate to admit it but I feel asleep/paased out with 5 mins to and the 62 points and come with

out even 1 freaking stop. does anyone know if we ever made them punt. to me that is the most embarrassing

part of this. My lord even IU made wisconsin punt a few times. How someone on 56th st has not been fired today

is a joke. O by the way I thought Peyton was going to suit up he looked humiliated, fire is burning in him for sure.

Edited by LUVTHESHOE

D coord has WHAT to work with?You could have BB as D coord and still have a pourous D considering the lack of talent there.

Apparently thats what happens when you let decent players walk on free agency and waivers. Polian must like scab players that were 3rd string players from college or cut from one of the other teams because they sucked. Well thats what we're working with for sure. A coaching and front office mentality that wouldn't work anywheres.

I have been off the forum for a week and should have stayed off longer. I have said before, Caldwell will not be fired mid-season! The fact that we have 4-5 pro bowl caliber players does not make up for an offensive line decimated by injuries, a quarterback who would be marginal behind an all pro offensive line, but panics at the snap of the ball because he is justifiably afraid for his life, a defensive backfield made up of children, an interior defensive line that could be pushed around by a high school offensive line. Coaching can only make up a little for lack of talent, particularly lack of talent in the trenches.

As to whether or not his is fired after the season, we will have to wait and see. I have watched professional football and know what can be fixed by coaching and what is just lack of talent. This is also the last time I respond to a "fire Caldwell" thread. Those of you that really think you know how to coach profootball, break out your Madden and have at it

I mean really? After a 62-7 loss you don't even think Caldwell had some of play in this? I mean really. Did you watch the game yesterday?

Ultimately the Coaching staff and the FO are responsible for getting the team ready to play. The team that I saw last night was not ready to play.

I have been a Colts fan for 40 years and that my friends was the worst I have seen. Those players were not prepared for the Saints.

That falls on the coaching staff and the Polians's.............. Horrible Horrible Horrible

I hope next week gets better.......................Has anyone seen Jeff Fisher?

Has anyone mentioned Caldwell sending out Matt Stover, the geezer with no range left in his kicking leg, to kick a 51 yd FG in the SB as being a stupid move ? Seriously I was yelling at the tv that night when he sent him out there.

Yes I have...frequently...

Sure, analysts will say he is just to have something to talk about, but as a Colts fan, you should know better.

Caldwell isn't going anywhere.

That's why I started a thread that this is similar to the Pacers situation.(only got one reply)We are stuck until we hit even more of a rock bottom than we have.(if that's possible) Pacer fans knew long before O'Brien was fired that he needed to go but Bird held on to the stubborn end. I see a similar situation here. We may have to go 0-16 with many more blowouts for something to get done. But I want Polian gone too. I think as long as Bill is here he is not going to budge from that smaller, faster defensive philosophy that plain just has not worked.

Right, except Painter has proven he is a more than capable backup. In fact, I think the guy could be pretty good given the chance. I am sure if Painter was in Cassel's shoes several years ago in New England he would have a similar record as Cassel.

Painter IS NOT a capable backup!

Caldwell on the hot seat. Did anyone see this on ESPN? I seen it, but couldn't hear the volume. Does anyone know what they said.

Adam La Canfora talked about Caldwell definitely being on the hot seat on Monday Night Countdown. And both Keyshawn and Ditka tore the FO and coaching staff a new one. The word "pathetic" was used multiple times.

Edited by Jason

But it would make too much SENSE to fire him!

Therefore, I call shenanegeans. (Sp?)

Next we'll be hearing the ST unit has been overhauled, Polian has been chased out of Indianapolis by rabid Doberman pinschers with bees in their mouths, and the Tampa 2 is being abolished in all 50 states.

Edited by Moose Of Woe

Maybe this has been stated in other posts, and if so, it is reiterated here. There is just too much talent on this team for one guy (Manning) to have such a drastic effect. Caldwell is a good coach. He's not the best. I believe Caldwell rode the wings of Manning's leadership and abilities, which ultimately guided the team. As Manning is not in that leadership capacity at the moment from being off the field, Caldwell has not stepped in (thus wasn't there in the beginning) nor has he met the expectations of fans and seemingly, the team.

Anyone remember Brady leaving the season from a leg injury on the frist game? Did the Patriots crumble? NO!! They had a coach that stayed with the team and COACHED them to a winning season, albeit it wasn't a playoff one.

I am not just a Manning fan. I am Colts fan. I want the best for the team and it hurts to watch them play, unguided. Actually, it ticks me off when I see them play. Can this all be blamed on the coach? Probably not, but that's who is at the top of this pyramid.

Meh, at this point I don't really care what they do. I don't know enough about the technicals to have much say here.

My only question is, if we do dump Caldwell and Co., who will replace them? Tressel, Gruden, Cowher(sp?), etc.? We don't want to get rid of a coach only to take another step back.

Keep Caldwell for now until we can get an upgrade...

... which can't be too hard at this point.

Meh, at this point I don't really care what they do. I don't know enough about the technicals to have much say here.

My only question is, if we do dump Caldwell and Co., who will replace them? Tressel, Gruden, Cowher(sp?), etc.? We don't want to get rid of a coach only to take another step back.

Keep Caldwell for now until we can get an upgrade...

... which can't be too hard at this point.

Gruden is out. He signed an exclusive agreement with ESPN last week or so. I guess that he got nominated for Emmy or two.

No he didn't. He can get out to take a coaching job at any time he wishes.

Big news in broadcasting today as ESPN announced it has signed MNF analyst Jon Gruden to a five year "exclusive" deal that will keep him out of coaching and off the sidelines for the length of the deal. The deal starts in 2012, so that means you'll be hearing "THIS GUY" through the 2016 season

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2011-articles/october/jon-gruden-signs-five-year-exclusive-mnf-extension.html

i haven't liked caldwell for a while, but the coaching job done this year is absolutely terrible. there is way too much talent on this team to be as bad as they have been this year. you can add coaches to the list of wr's and o-lineman that manning makes look much better than they really are.

The same way Jim Caldwell is going to coach top notch football from here on out.

It's not happening! One has much of a chance of happening as the other and one is impossible.

That doesn't make any sense though if Enron has been shut down... Oh well, Jim Caldwell is gonna start coaching some great football, I can feel it!

Big news in broadcasting today as ESPN announced it has signed MNF analyst Jon Gruden to a five year "exclusive" deal that will keep him out of coaching and off the sidelines for the length of the deal. The deal starts in 2012, so that means you'll be hearing "THIS GUY" through the 2016 season

http://www.awfulanno...-extension.html

ESPN clearly intends for this announcement to insinuate that Gruden will not be returning to coaching. Monday Night Football PR guy Bill Hoffheimer

tweeted "Cross this guy off coaching candidate list for 2012" with a link to the news.

However, as Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio speculates, ESPN has declined to release terms of the contract, which makes it tough to tell how punitive the exclusivity clause is were Gruden to leave the network for a coaching gig.

But what this contract does mean is that Gruden won't be in a hurry to move back to the coaching ranks. He has plenty of job security - and undoubtedly also a salary - that will allow him to be extremely picky about any offer to coach.

Perhaps, a job that came with a rookie franchise quarterback such as Andrew Luck could tempt Gruden. But now, he's not going to take a job just because he's desperate to get back in the NFL.

So the door for Gruden to return to the NFL may not shut completely, but it's ajar by a much slimmer margin than it was before this deal.

http://www.nationalf...-but-is-he.html

While I like the way Gruden coaches (ie. He actually shows emotion/passion)...we all got to sit back while he tore the Super Bowl Bucs team to shreds. Some of it, I'm sure, was the Glazers being cheap. But still! A head coach does have say in personel decisions. Does anyone really want Gruden to come in to Indy and rip this team apart even if he was available? Hopefully not. Id take Cowher in a hot second. I'm sure that somebody with his track record isn't interested in being a bandaid coach to a team this mismanaged for so long though. Regardless...whoever we get CAN'T be worse than Caldwell. Even if all they know how to do is call timeouts correctly...its already an upgrade. Lol. GO COLTS!

Edited by Chef-Jayson