Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When does Luck become best QB in the league?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

When does Luck become known as the best QB in the NFL by a good amount of people/fans/analysts, etc?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. When does Luck become known as the best QB in the NFL by a good amount of people/fans/analysts, etc?

• Sometime this season (unlikely)
    • Next Season
    • In 2 seasons (my opinion)
    • 3-5 seasons
    • 5+ seasons (when most likely the big 3 are gone-Manning, Brady and Brees)
    • 6-10 seasons (I hope not)
    • Never.... Chill bro, if you pick this you've been hanging out with Tyrann Mathieu and Josh Gordon too much

Obviously there's never one uninamously best QB but by when do you think he'll be acknowledged by over or about 50 % of people that he's the best the NFL has?

I say in 2 years. Manning and Brady will be slightly older. Peyton I think will lose even more arm strength and while he'll still be elite I don't think he'll be #1. I think Luck is better than Brees now. I don't know why. I just do. I love Brees but he's been prone to interceptions and the height still bothers me because I see some bat downs occasionally. I think Luck is more complete, but that's just me. So in 2 years I think it'll be between Luck and Rodgers, but I'm hoping more people lean towards Luck rather than Rodgers. Luck will probably have the better team around him as well so more recognition in the playoffs means more followers. 

Sorry, but the answer is never. That's why the team traded a #1 to get Richardson. Within a year we will be known mostly as a running team and QB position will be an afterthought. Trust in the Power Running Game.

If we're winning though and Luck is efficient yet still puts up decent numbers he could be. In the end it doesn't really matter what people think of him though as long as were winning. 

Btw I don't think we'll ever be a "running team". Not with Luck. Sorry. It's mostly to set up the pass. At worst I see a 45-55 split. 

Edited by AllYouNeedIsLuck

Sorry, but the answer is never. That's why the team traded a #1 to get Richardson. Within a year we will be known mostly as a running team and QB position will be an afterthought. Trust in the Power Running Game.

I dunno despite being reigned in somewhat he's getting more recognition for his play from the media so there you go. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

The question is best QB not best stats...and as far as I'm concerned Luck is already in the discussion...not there yet...but in the discussion.

The question is best QB not best stats...and as far as I'm concerned Luck is already in the discussion...not there yet...but in the discussion.

He's definitely in the discussion if you limit the question to the time period that he's been in the NFL.  Obviously, Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers have history on their sides.

If the question was - if you'd ask any team to pick the QB they'd want for their franchise right now, it would be between Luck and Rodgers. 

If were talking fundamentals and accuracy and I dont mean completion percentage by a means to say he is accurate then no hes not in the discussion, Its an adventure to say the least with throws that are over 20 yards (and sometimes less) with him to this point, sure he showed that he can complete long balls, thats undebatable but he stills struggles with them, his wr's have bailed him out with several other passes as well, Hilton comes to mind last year on a diving play to get in the end zone, Wayne has had several circus catches this year (and he is gone now) he makes up for most of that by getting it done in the clutch...But what about the rest of the game, To inconsistent to be thought of as in the discussion, He will get there but he isn't yet

Guest TeamLoloJones

If were talking fundamentals and accuracy and I dont mean completion percentage by a means to say he is accurate then no hes not in the discussion, Its an adventure to say the least with throws that are over 20 yards (and sometimes less) with him to this point, sure he showed that he can complete long balls, thats undebatable but he stills struggles with them, his wr's have bailed him out with several other passes as well, Hilton comes to mind last year on a diving play to get in the end zone, Wayne has had several circus catches this year (and he is gone now) he makes up for most of that by getting it done in the clutch...But what about the rest of the game, To inconsistent to be thought of as in the discussion, He will get there but he isn't yet

He gets into the discussion because of his leadership, his "clutchness", his mobility, his toughness, and his intelligence.  When you encompass everything about quaterback when evaluating him, Luck is right there with the guys at the top.

I say in 3-5 years.  By then, Manning will likely be retired.  Brady may even be gone as well.  Also, Rodgers and Brees will be getting up there, allowing Luck to take over as #1.  This, of course assumes he continues to develop and work on his weaknesses (and he has plenty) as time goes on.

(if he is ever going to be that is)

So subjective. Who is doing the considering? If it's yourself, you can think that now. If it's Skip Bayless...never.

I dont hold much greatness in the majority. Frankly, I hope that the majority never quite puts him there. I will enjoy feeling that way about Luck all on my own when he reaches that level. 

Best Young QB???

Now...

He is the perfect mix of heady intelligence, pocket passer, athletic big body, can make & extend plays out of the pocket, & poised character, leader that none of the other next generation QB's have...

Plus what other QB can shoot the breeze with his teams German LB fluently in his native tounge???

Andrew Luck is an elite, top 5 QB right now. It's just a matter of time for the rest of the NFL universe to catch on. For Luck to be accepted as the very best by the media types PM, Brady, Bree's, and Rodgers need to slump. IMO Lucks performance on the field alone will not be enough for most media types.

I say in 3-5 years.  By then, Manning will likely be retired.  Brady may even be gone as well.  Also, Rodgers and Brees will be getting up there, allowing Luck to take over as #1.  This, of course assumes he continues to develop and work on his weaknesses (and he has plenty) as time goes on.

Plenty? eh, I would say his only weaknesses are sometimes erratic throws but that's mostly due to the o-line, and holding onto to the ball too long. Again, o-line. 

But he should fix those soon

Not so sure about that, Luck had 3 passing TD's and ran one in on his own this past week. His yardage isn't as astronomical as Manning's, but yardage is a useless stat anyways. Just look at his QBR.

Luck will be an elite QB. If the Colts become known as a running team, Richardson is going to have to gain more than a yard or two.

I understand why asking the question.  But even Peyton took years before he was even looked at.  Give the kid a chance to develop before  you try to put titles like this on.  And it will be after Peyton an brady and maybe even rodgers is done.

People are already comparing Luck's first two years to Manning's first two years.

Please list.  So i can start looking for them more closely.

I'm sorry, but you know nothing about the game of football

Guest TeamLoloJones

Please do explain how he is top 10. And please don't bring up 4th quarter comebacks. That's just media drivel. John Skelton has more 4th quarter comebacks thatn Aaron Rodgers, so he's better right?

You have shown on a consistent basis to have zero football knowledge, so I'm not going to indulge you.