Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ceasar Rayford

TheJACKCOLT

I  the am watching the Cowboys and Redskins and due to injuries Rayford is getting a good bit of playing time. I wonder, was the trade with the Cowboys conditional based on playing time, if so we could end up getting more than a 7th round pick for the trade. Due to injuries, it looks like Rayford will be getting quite a bit of playing time this season.

I'm sorry but the colts has the most unstable roster of all the teams. Team pic was just taken 2-3 weeks ago and I bet 25% of the team is not the same. Most unstable work environment of all. Bet Rayford is glad he is gone just so he can breathe

and not live in a hotel.

this post is the reason there should be a dislike button

I'm sorry but the colts has the most unstable roster of all the teams. Team pic was just taken 2-3 weeks ago and I bet 25% of the team is not the same. Most unstable work environment of all. Bet Rayford is glad he is gone just so he can breathe

and not live in a hotel.

You mean 6 weeks ago? A bunch of guys are on ir. Also, your job should never feel safe and comfy. Need to play like Wayne and go in every year with a rookie mindset ready to play and prove yourself.

and not live in a hotel.

LOLLLLLL every team drops players during the season. It's all about what works for the team. So far, Grigson and the front office have done nothing to allow me not to have full belief in them.

and not live in a hotel.

:troll:

and not live in a hotel.

QbUjD.gif

how would you know if they are the best or not. the same old people reply on this thread with the same old mindset.  this is why college is more entertaining than pro. If colts win this year than most everyone will be sold off like cattle. not one of you in your regular jobs have change in personnel every week. if you did you would be talking strike. hyprocrites!!!

how would you know if they are the best or not. the same old people reply on this thread with the same old mindset.  this is why college is more entertaining than pro. If colts win this year than most everyone will be sold off like cattle. not one of you in your regular jobs have change in personnel every week. if you did you would be talking strike. hyprocrites!!!

Dude.....wth are you talking about? You don't even make sense.

and how is playing in the NFL like any "regular" job?  Furthermore, we as fans wouldn't but Pagano, Manusky and Grigson probably know who is best for the team.  Hence them making the decisions on whom to keep, cut and promote from the practice squad to the active roster.  And all companies experience churn, from fortune 500 companies to your small town shops.  Sounds like your just gripping to grip.

and not live in a hotel.

and not live in a hotel.

As long as we are winning im not complaining.

Do you read your own post? So I guess you work hard at your trade and deserve to be treated any kind of way. By the time they become pro they have been perfecting their trade at least 20years. what is your point? They trained most of their life to have a job week to week and you think being in an unstable work environment is ok. Take away your social security and you will be devastated,  

Do you read your own post? So I guess you work hard at your trade and deserve to be treated any kind of way. By the time they become pro they have been perfecting their trade at least 20years. what is your point? They trained most of their life to have a job week to week and you think being in an unstable work environment is ok. Take away your social security and you will be devastated,  

Do you understand how football works? Rosters are churned throughout the season for a number of reasons.....

As for trying to say how would you (as in your detractors) like it if you didn't have any job security...I'd take the the deal of not having the security if I'm getting paid $400,000 per year  and that's at the low end of the scale without even getting into guaranteed money. Heck I'd play for free just for the opportunity to play in the NFL.

Furthermore, you make the point of this is the sole goal of these's people lives (sometimes from the age of 1 according to you!) but fail to recogonise one of the beautiful things of your Sports/Education system is that these guys get to go to college and have an education to fall back on. Compare this to say the Academy system we operate for football here where you can have kids who don't make the grade at 16 and have nothing to fool back on. 

Urgh maybe it's because it's Monday morning but your idiocy has inflamed me something rotten!

There have been NFL players that didn't even play football in college. Who are you to judge or say what any one of these players feel? I have some news for you. There is not a one of us who works for anyone else that has certain job security. There have been thousands of people who have lost their jobs over the last few years. I would be willing to say as many as over a million over the last 20 years. I would like you to explain what social security has to do with not having job security? If you work a real job you pay social security along with your employer. There are just over 2,000 NFL players in the world. They are the elite. There are ten times that amount that want that job coming out of college. I don't care what your job is, if your elite you are subject to someone better than you taking your job. If you don't do your elite job there is a long line of people who will take it from you. I don't know what world you live in but it sure isn't in this one.

They should have chosen a different career if they wanted job security.

Most regular jobs don't have a $390,000 per year MINIMUM salary.  

I kind of like both college and pro football but the thing I like about pro-football is it's fair.  Everyone has the same salary cap, higher draft picks go to losing teams, and nothing but your record determines if you are in the playoffs or not.  No computers, no polls.  Just your record.

At least the championship of the NFL is decided on the field and not by some vote.

Most regular jobs don't have a $390,000 per year MINIMUM salary.  

I kind of like both college and pro football but the thing I like about pro-football is it's fair.  Everyone has the same salary cap, higher draft picks go to losing teams, and nothing but your record determines if you are in the playoffs or not.  No computers, no polls.  Just your record.

At least the championship of the NFL is decided on the field and not by some vote.

This is why I'm a European to American Football convert.

Sports are so much fairer over in the States. They're still dominated and controlled by money here in the UK.

and not live in a hotel.

Boooooooooooo

and not live in a hotel.

robryansad.gif?w=440&h=248

This is why I'm a European to American Football convert.

Sports are so much fairer over in the States. They're still dominated and controlled by money here in the UK.

I'm actually a soccer fan (mostly international soccer) but I could never follow the Premier league.  The best players in the world play there but at the same time if your team isn't Manchester U, Chelsea or Arsenal you won't be winning a championship.  

Pretty crazy that Manchester U has won 13 of the last 21.  

For the record baseball isn't nearly as fair as the NFL is.  The big market teams are always the ones winning the championships.  The New York Yankee's are often considered the slightly less successful version of Manchester U.  The NFL is probably the most fair professional league.  

College football isn't very fair either but that's because high school recruits pick what school they want to play for and the best ones always go to the teams with the most history or at the very least the team's that exist in the warmest weather.

That and the SEC cheats.  

And as long as everyone on the team plays the same amount, it's fair. My only problem is that they don't let the kids play all the different positions.

Anyone know who's in charge of the season ending party? If we don't win, everyone will still get a trophy for participating.

I'm actually a soccer fan (mostly international soccer) but I could never follow the Premier league.  The best players in the world play there but at the same time if your team isn't Manchester U, Chelsea or Arsenal you won't be winning a championship.  

Pretty crazy that Manchester U has won 13 of the last 21.  

For the record baseball isn't nearly as fair as the NFL is.  The big market teams are always the ones winning the championships.  The New York Yankee's are often considered the slightly less successful version of Manchester U.  The NFL is probably the most fair professional league.  

College football isn't very fair either but that's because high school recruits pick what school they want to play for and the best ones always go to the teams with the most history or at the very least the team's that exist in the warmest weather.

That and the SEC cheats.  

I am/was an Ipswich Town fan and, almost all my life, they've been in the second tier and therefore managed to avoid the money matters somewhat. Until about 5 years ago, English football outside of the Premiership was still relatively honest and honourable but almost every division has now succumbed to the influence of the pound. You simply can't survive without a wealthy investor anymore. To be fair, some steps are being taken to rectify that with the introduction of the new Financial Fair Play rules but it's not nearly enough.

So do you mostly follow MLS and the US national team?

I am/was an Ipswich Town fan and, almost all my life, they've been in the second tier and therefore managed to avoid the money matters somewhat. Until about 5 years ago, English football outside of the Premiership was still relatively honest and honourable but almost every division has now succumbed to the influence of the pound. You simply can't survive without a wealthy investor anymore. To be fair, some steps are being taken to rectify that with the introduction of the new Financial Fair Play rules but it's not nearly enough.

US National team and that's it for right now. . . I followed the Chicago Fire for their first 2 years, the year they won the MLS championship as an expansion team I was watching.  But I started to lose interest in college.  Had too many other things to do in college and didn't watch much TV then (Didn't have cable in the dorms).

I'm part of a facebook group that is trying to bring a 2nd tier team to Indianapolis and I'd be interested in that, but it would be really hard to follow a 2nd tier soccer team here, they want to call it "Racing FC"  If the MLS ever expanded to Indy I'd probably be more interested.   

I have to say though that I am glad that the MLS stopped trying to "Americanize" the rules of soccer and has actually moved not only towards the traditional rules of soccer but also moved towards traditional team names.  

The biggest difference now is that we don't do that promotion/regulation system. 

At least you've been in the Premiership.... :(

Can't find anything definitive, but it appears the draft pick was conditional.  Rayford playing more won't improve the pick we get, but given how long he's been on the team and the fact that he's getting playing time now, I think it's a safe bet that we will be getting the pick.  I don't think there's a chance we could get a better pick with him playing more, but I could be wrong.

Not to hijack the thread but I was watching that game as well and I was specifically trying to watch Rayford and IMP he held his own but didn't do anything great.  But I noticed this one guy, #70  kept getting in the backfield, taking on double teams and creating a lot of havoc.  It was another former Colt, Drake Nevis.

and not live in a hotel.

I felt like he earned his spot here but this is a business.

Do you read your own post? So I guess you work hard at your trade and deserve to be treated any kind of way. By the time they become pro they have been perfecting their trade at least 20years. what is your point? They trained most of their life to have a job week to week and you think being in an unstable work environment is ok. Take away your social security and you will be devastated,

I'm sorry mrs rayford. I know watching your boy bounce around the league is tough, but he is making great money

Dont know but if that Cowboy defense ever shows up they are going to be heck to beat for anyone and that includes the Broncos

This statement confirms you have lived or currently in Texas with their "should have, could have, would have " talk that is typical of all Cowboy fans.