Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy, here I come!

braveheartcolt

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safely through security, and having breakfast. Is it OK to have a beer at 6am? Heck yeah. My good lady got up at 4.30 to drive me the airport. I'm a lucky guy. See you all soon!

Enjoy the flight it can be a bit long.  The pond is actually kind of big.  

Although by the time I'm posting this you might already be on board.  

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 4, 2013 - soliciting
Hidden by Nadine, October 4, 2013 - soliciting

For those interested and I am not spamming just letting you know that I am involved with an organization that is raising money for Riley's Children Hospital@ Indiana University. On Facebook if you make a virtual wish 50 cents get donated to Riley's and simultaneously you are entered to win a pair of Colt home game tickets. Thus far not many have signed up so chances to get em are looking bright and you are helping a good cause. But once again its up to you. For those who have question feel free to reply and I'll be more than happy to explain the organization. Thank you all. Below is the link. 

https://www.facebook.com/KlipschSpeakers/app_599343696784914 

It's unfortunate that the rain is moving in.  I wish you could have had a dry tail-gate without rain ponchos and all that.  you probably get enough rain where you're from to last you.  It's all the Seahawks fault.  They are bringing the rain with them from that place called Seattle :Gaah::groan::runforhills: :runforhills: :reaction:

Just walked around the LOS. Wow factor. Had a little tinge of (manly) emotion. Goodness knows how I'm going to be on Sunday! Right, off to explore whilst I await my buddy. Next update could be a train wreck. Mods, if I use inappropriate language, please be lenient.

Only been to Indy once, but MUST have the sweet potato waffle and chicken wings @ Maxines Chicken & Waffles. (The peach butter is awesome. BTW....I didn't see too many skinny people in there. ;)

Just walked around the LOS. Wow factor. Had a little tinge of (manly) emotion. Goodness knows how I'm going to be on Sunday! Right, off to explore whilst I await my buddy. Next update could be a train wreck. Mods, if I use inappropriate language, please be lenient.

haha  I'm loving your updates.  Hope your evening is great . . .  just stay out of the canal. 

BHC I really hope to run into you before kick. It would be nice to meet someone from the forums onces. Hope you have a kick butt time and really wish you enjoy the life of indy. 

For those interested......

I leave my house in London at 5.30am tomorrow, and I should land in Indianapolis around 3pm local time, 14.5 hours later. Once checked in, I’ll be heading to McNivens, the Scottish bar, kindly suggested by Schwamm. The owner is indeed from Scotland, and hopes to welcome me with a nice malt. My good buddy from New York State should be joining me around 7.30pm. We are looking forward to seeing what Indy offers in the way of nightlife. Any suggestions welcome. My friend had his dilemma of what to wear to the game solved….his NYG Bradshaw jersey. Cool. He also suggests we may be too handsome and funny for the good folk of Indiana, but I'm not so sure - he's a bit tubby, and his wisecracks are v poor!

Hoping to meet up with a few of you before, during and/or after the game. I’ll PM those silly enough to have reached out, with my contact details, before I fly.

Other than the game (block 509, row 1), and hopefully a tailgate, nothing else planned. We fly out of town mid-afternoon Monday, more than enough time to recover from our night of celebration!! I land back in London at 9am Tuesday, and going straight to work. Ouch.

If I can, I’ll keep you posted on events, if I can stay sober enough to work my tablet. If I don't lose it. Or drop it. etc.

Only one thing left to say……..Go COLTS!

BHC

Was talking to my wife about beer and sunday and I hope this finds you in time if you didn't already know. Indy doesn't sell alcohol on Sundays except at restaurants and at the game. So if u planned on tailgaiting, buy your alcohol today.

Coming to game and have a question on camera's allowed.

I have a canon Powershot SX500 16MP with 30X Wide Angle Optimal Zoom

It is not a zoom attachment, it is built in but it is a little longer than most cameras.

Will they let me in with this camera (no bag of course)

It is not a zoom attachment, it is built in but it is a little longer than most cameras.

I believe they let you in with cameras but not video recorders.  That being said, I'm not a photographer, so I wouldn't have experience in the area.  Here's a link to the Colts fan guide from the official Colts website. 

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/tickets/2013_Colts_FanGuide_web.pdf

Scroll down to page 14 of the guide (page 9 of the PDF) for phone numbers.  Not sure if you call Administration (317-262-8600) or Ticket Office (317-262-3389).  But one should be able to answer your question.  See the next page of the document for Prohibited Items.

Do you have reason to believe that camera's aren't allowed?

I haven't been to a sporting event in some time, but I wouldn't think that a camera would be a security issue. I can't imagine going to an event without one. I'd be pretty disturbed to hear that they were banned.

:argh:    After many delays, detours, complete stop on the Highway... We are FINALLY here...

our 2 hour drive took nearly 4 hrs...   Just had a Bud Light Lime in the Hotel lounge, and feeling better  ;)

Looking forward to the game tomorrow.  Go COLTS   :cheer:

Do you have reason to believe that camera's aren't allowed?

I haven't been to a sporting event in some time, but I wouldn't think that a camera would be a security issue. I can't imagine going to an event without one. I'd be pretty disturbed to hear that they were banned.

Normal camera , no.

I looked at the pdf above (Thank You!)

and it states

Still cameras are permitted inside the Stadium, but lens length is restricted to 6 inches (extended).  

My camera lens length when extended I think is longer than 6 inches, turned off it is fine...  :(

Bummer because it takes great pics :)

haha   loving your updates, and hoping you're having a great time so far. 

Welcome to Indianapolis guests and extended Colts family!  I always make it to one Colts game a year and I will be there on Sunday but sometimes I forget just how lucky I am to live in the same town as the team and have been able to have many special memories at the RCA Dome/LOS without having to make a long journey to get there.  I hope the Colts give you very special memory on Sunday!

Normal camera , no.

I looked at the pdf above (Thank You!)

and it states

Still cameras are permitted inside the Stadium, but lens length is restricted to 6 inches (extended).  

My camera lens length when extended I think is longer than 6 inches, turned off it is fine...   :(

Bummer because it takes great pics :)

Are you counting the camera as part of that length?

Is photography a serious hobby for you? I'm no expert, but I think it's highly unlikely that the lens that came with your camera is more than 6 inches long (stop smirking shakedown). I'm guessing that their objective is to exclude professional quality lens, not just to arbitrarily limit size. You appear to have a consumer level slr (as do I). The lens they are worried about would probably cost more than your camera, and your entire families tickets, and transportation costs combined. Their objective (as with the movie camera ban) is to protect their copyrights.

It's hard to know how literally to take any of the instructions. They also have a ban on bringing in anything that can be thrown. I don't know about you, but I could wing a camera a good long way if I was suitably deranged. How about wallet, keys, shoes, and everything else on my person? Next thing you know, you can only attend in the buff. (One advantage of this being the ease of striking up conversations on game day. Walk into a 7-11 nude and it's "heh, you going to the game too?". :P )

:argh: After many delays, detours, complete stop on the Highway... We are FINALLY here...

our 2 hour drive took nearly 4 hrs... Just had a Bud Light Lime in the Hotel lounge, and feeling better ;)

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Go COLTS :cheer:

Which direction did you come in from if you don't mind me asking?

For those interested......

I leave my house in London at 5.30am tomorrow, and I should land in Indianapolis around 3pm local time, 14.5 hours later. Once checked in, I’ll be heading to McNivens, the Scottish bar, kindly suggested by Schwamm. The owner is indeed from Scotland, and hopes to welcome me with a nice malt. My good buddy from New York State should be joining me around 7.30pm. We are looking forward to seeing what Indy offers in the way of nightlife. Any suggestions welcome. My friend had his dilemma of what to wear to the game solved….his NYG Bradshaw jersey. Cool. He also suggests we may be too handsome and funny for the good folk of Indiana, but I'm not so sure - he's a bit tubby, and his wisecracks are v poor!

Hoping to meet up with a few of you before, during and/or after the game. I’ll PM those silly enough to have reached out, with my contact details, before I fly.

Other than the game (block 509, row 1), and hopefully a tailgate, nothing else planned. We fly out of town mid-afternoon Monday, more than enough time to recover from our night of celebration!! I land back in London at 9am Tuesday, and going straight to work. Ouch.

If I can, I’ll keep you posted on events, if I can stay sober enough to work my tablet. If I don't lose it. Or drop it. etc.

Only one thing left to say……..Go COLTS!

BHC

A Colts win against a great Seattle opponent would make your trip extra special. Hope you have a great visit and a safe flight.

I have to drive 4 and a half hours to Vegas to get Steak and Shake...That is something you just HAVE to Have when you go to Indy...

Have fun all of you..I wish yo could hold up signs like BHC is here...or WE LOVE GRAMZ...so if they pan the stadium we can see y'all...

from the East, came from Ohio. We had a detour in Ohio, and then a 20 min. stop on 70 between Richmond and Indy, and so on.....

Gotcha.

I come in from the north, and I-65 is a complete mess on the weekends, so I was curious if you'd taken those same roads lol.