Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy, here I come!

braveheartcolt

Hey gang. Still alive. I'm hurting a little, but ready too rock. MacNivens was awesome, and we did the aratskeller (?) Yesterday lunch. Ouch. Luck Jersey on, fired up and ready to roar. Freedom!!!!!

Free ticket if anyone comes to Colts Grill and taps me on the shoulder. My friend from St Louis let me down.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free ticket if anyone comes to Colts Grill and taps me on the shoulder. My friend from St Louis let me down.

Dangit......

I live less than 15 minutes from where you now sit, but I have kids over today. Enjoy the game and our rain soaked city. 

There's this place called Steak and Shake.....

That was the hardest thing about moving away from Indiana. The only one that I have found down here is 3 hours away in Dallas.

I have to drive 4 and a half hours to Vegas to get Steak and Shake...That is something you just HAVE to Have when you go to Indy...

Have fun all of you..I wish yo could hold up signs like BHC is here...or WE LOVE GRAMZ...so if they pan the stadium we can see y'all...

I thought that this was a joke at first - "Steak and Shake" sounds disgusting.

Of course I'm a lactose intolerant Vegetarian, which may have something to do with it. :P

------------

Don't most people hold up "We Love Gramz" signs during games. haha

Hey gang. Still alive. I'm hurting a little, but ready too rock. MacNivens was awesome, and we did the aratskeller (?) Yesterday lunch. Ouch. Luck Jersey on, fired up and ready to roar. Freedom!!!!!

HEH - aren't you supposed to be face down in a mattress moaning in pain? :) I have enough trouble getting up by 10 on a normal Sunday - and I rarely drink.

Sorry about your friend, wish I was in the area. I haven't enjoyed not going on vacation this much since my nephew spent a semester in Australia.

Enjoy the game! :rawr:

My personal fav....the Frisco Melt.

IMG_0280.JPG

You just had to go and make me even more hungry...I swear one of these weekends I'm driving the 4 to 4 and a half hours each way..getting a couple of double steakburgers and fries..sit for an hour, then drive back home,,that's how bad I want Steak and Shake

IMG_0280.JPG

I've been to Steak and Shake only one time. 

Ordered a steak burger that tasted like it had been marinated in ten-year old lard.

And, I've never been back even though there are several Steak and Shakes within 15-20 minutes of my home.

But, I must admit that Frisco Melt looks pretty good.  I may have to give them another chance.

Ordered a steak burger that tasted like it had been marinated in ten-year old lard.

I couldn't agree more.  Everything there is just saturated with grease.

On topic:  I've never talked with Braveheart, but I'm enjoying following this thread.  So cool seeing a Colts fan from outside the country get to go to a home game and visit a city as awesome as Indy. 

braveheart . . . I was thinking about you throughout the game.

At first I was thinking, "Braveheart came so far for this?  Poor guy." :(

Now, I'm thinking, "That lucky braveheart.  He sure picked a great game." :td:  :applause:  :rock:

Hope you enjoyed the game and your time in Indy as much as I have enjoyed reading your updates.

braveheart . . . I was thinking about you throughout the game.

At first I was thinking, "Braveheart came so far for this?  Poor guy." :(

Now, I'm thinking, "That lucky braveheart.  He sure picked a great game." :td:  :applause:  :rock:

Hope you enjoyed the game and your time in Indy as much as I have enjoyed reading your updates.

I made the comment early on, "Sure glad I didn't fly in from friggin Scotland to see this". 

Our guy BHC got a treat and, I presume, every pennies worth. Now, BHC, go forth as a true Scot....smash a beer bottle on your head shout "FREEEEDOOOM" and run amuck through our scenic downtown. 

For those interested......

I leave my house in London at 5.30am tomorrow, and I should land in Indianapolis around 3pm local time, 14.5 hours later. Once checked in, I’ll be heading to McNivens, the Scottish bar, kindly suggested by Schwamm. The owner is indeed from Scotland, and hopes to welcome me with a nice malt. My good buddy from New York State should be joining me around 7.30pm. We are looking forward to seeing what Indy offers in the way of nightlife. Any suggestions welcome. My friend had his dilemma of what to wear to the game solved….his NYG Bradshaw jersey. Cool. He also suggests we may be too handsome and funny for the good folk of Indiana, but I'm not so sure - he's a bit tubby, and his wisecracks are v poor!

Hoping to meet up with a few of you before, during and/or after the game. I’ll PM those silly enough to have reached out, with my contact details, before I fly.

Other than the game (block 509, row 1), and hopefully a tailgate, nothing else planned. We fly out of town mid-afternoon Monday, more than enough time to recover from our night of celebration!! I land back in London at 9am Tuesday, and going straight to work. Ouch.

If I can, I’ll keep you posted on events, if I can stay sober enough to work my tablet. If I don't lose it. Or drop it. etc.

Only one thing left to say……..Go COLTS!

BHC

Would like to hear how your first experience was.  Can't imagine anything disappointing about the game! :)  You picked a good week to go!  Hope our great city left a great impression and we hope to see you here again in the future!

I made the comment early on, "Sure glad I didn't fly in from friggin Scotland to see this".

Our guy BHC got a treat and, I presume, every pennies worth. Now, BHC, go forth as a true Scot....smash a beer bottle on your head shout "FREEEEDOOOM" and run amuck through our scenic downtown.

Don't let it end the same way Braveheart went out... so painful. IMPD won't take to kindly to a man in a kilt running amuck through the streets of Indianapolis.

Well,

What can I say. I got home this morning around 9am. Left our hotel at 10am Indy time on Monday. Shattered, but content. Spent most of the day in bed, re-watched the game, then the Jets win. What a trip. Throughout the game, I felt us creeping back into it, and when we went in front, just new we would hang on. That last Seahawks drive - gosh, I thought my tonsils were going to fly out. I was drained after for about an hour, then went to a diner behind our hotel, and watched the remainder of the Cowboys v Broncos game. Then ended up in another bar to watch the Niners game, drinking Angry Orchard. 

So on Friday we did the Claddagh, McNivens and somewhere else, but I forget where. Retired quite early, about 1.30am. Saturday was fun. Started of in Bakersfield (or something like that - opposite McNiven's). Had a Magners the size of Peru in the Ratskellar, then about four more in the One Pound? Every place was very friendly, the food great. Then I had a nap, and headed out around 8.30pm, to a very busy bar, just by the Slippery Noodle. Was a bit like the bar in Coyote Ugly. We staggered out of there, intending to go home, and some good music pulled us into The Whistle Stop, and we drank bottles of Stella until we couldn't talk. All in the shadow of the Luke.

Sunday, game day. Luck jersey on only, headache tablets taken. Went to the Colts Grill to hopefully meet Jskinnz, or Gramz or Schwamm. No signal. Got a message out to look for my friend, who was wearing a Bradshaw NYG top. But we gave up. Once in the stadium, Schwamm called me, and we agreed to hook up. Then my cell ran out of battery. I was mad at myself. 

Another 2 things annoyed me. I went for a beer, and Jskinnz almost tracked me down, saw my friend, and gave him a beer for me. We never caught up. All I could think of saying was 'dear god'.....Same with Gramz. That was a shame.

Also missed the blocked field goal return, I was in the rest room!

But as you know, there was a happy ending! Can't wait for my next game, hopefully next season.

Thanks for all the great words etc, you guys are tops.

Until next time.

BHC

Well,

What can I say. I got home this morning around 9am. Left our hotel at 10am Indy time on Monday. Shattered, but content. Spent most of the day in bed, re-watched the game, then the Jets win. What a trip. Throughout the game, I felt us creeping back into it, and when we went in front, just new we would hang on. That last Seahawks drive - gosh, I thought my tonsils were going to fly out. I was drained after for about an hour, then went to a diner behind our hotel, and watched the remainder of the Cowboys v Broncos game. Then ended up in another bar to watch the Niners game, drinking Angry Orchard. 

So on Friday we did the Claddagh, McNivens and somewhere else, but I forget where. Retired quite early, about 1.30am. Saturday was fun. Started of in Bakersfield (or something like that - opposite McNiven's). Had a Magners the size of Peru in the Ratskellar, then about four more in the One Pound? Every place was very friendly, the food great. Then I had a nap, and headed out around 8.30pm, to a very busy bar, just by the Slippery Noodle. Was a bit like the bar in Coyote Ugly. We staggered out of there, intending to go home, and some good music pulled us into The Whistle Stop, and we drank bottles of Stella until we couldn't talk. All in the shadow of the Luke.

Sunday, game day. Luck jersey on only, headache tablets taken. Went to the Colts Grill to hopefully meet Jskinnz, or Gramz or Schwamm. No signal. Got a message out to look for my friend, who was wearing a Bradshaw NYG top. But we gave up. Once in the stadium, Schwamm called me, and we agreed to hook up. Then my cell ran out of battery. I was mad at myself. 

Another 2 things annoyed me. I went for a beer, and Jskinnz almost tracked me down, saw my friend, and gave him a beer for me. We never caught up. All I could think of saying was 'dear god'.....Same with Gramz. That was a shame.

But as you know, there was a happy ending! Can't wait for my next game, hopefully next season.

Until next time.

BHC

Glad you had a good time and saw a truly great game.  I think the Colts are on the verge of something very special.

I am truly sorry that we could not hook up.  The weather conspired against us as tailgating in that mess would have been miserable.  The rest I blame on an antsy new Mom.  I liked your seats for the game.  Where is your friend that I met from?

Glad you made it home - take care.

Glad you had a good time and saw a truly great game.  I think the Colts are on the verge of something very special.

I am truly sorry that we could not hook up.  The weather conspired against us as tailgating in that mess would have been miserable.  The rest I blame on an antsy new Mom.  I liked your seats for the game.  Where is your friend that I met from?

Glad you made it home - take care.

Thanks pal. It was a tough journey home, but well worth it! My friend is from New York. He lives about 50 miles north of the city. He's a really top, guy, as is his family. They are what normally bring us over to the States every year, a great bunch to hang out with.

So annoyed we never got to say hello (and Schwamm and Gramz). Next time we will do a better job of it.

Go well, and let's hope we are ChuckStrong for many years to come....

IMG_0280.JPG

I don't order anythign else when I go there.  I have been tehre several times, my mother in law used to work there and would get me free food.  And everytime I say I'm going to try something different.  But I just love this sandwich so much.  Like, it's an unhealthy attraction to that sandwich. 

Well,

Until next time.

BHC

You mean you've already forgotten that we met and went bar-hopping together....?? :cheers:  :bag:      haha    I see I made a great impression   :scratch:  :bored:  haha

Your infection is contagious. Too late to get tickets? A flight? A beer? I don't want to miss the party. :D

Whoops, anyone have any money? haha

Have a safe trip, and a great time.

Cute line there MAC.  :thmup:

Just walked around the LOS. Wow factor. Had a little tinge of (manly) emotion. Goodness knows how I'm going to be on Sunday! Right, off to explore whilst I await my buddy. Next update could be a train wreck. Mods, if I use inappropriate language, please be lenient.

Just be yourself BHC. I want BHC unfiltered, authentic, & real. 

Still upright & can speak without mumbling your words. Nice! Just Kidding BHC. Good call on MacNivens schwamm!  :hat:

IMG_0280.JPG

Good call on the Frisco Melt ruksak. It looks delicious. MMM...Good... :P

Well,

Until next time.

BHC

Great reporting on your INDY adventure BHC! The coolest part is meeting Colts Forum fans face to face in the flesh. Schwamm & Gramz performed well as good will Hoosier ambassadors in INDY country. Kudos you 2! The Slippery Noodle sounds like a comedy club to me for some reason. A "Coyote Ugly" bar you say eh? BHC, I wanna paint the town red with you man.  haha Did you step onto the bar & start singing & struting your stuff? Only teasing! SW1 is glad you had a fantastic visit my friend. 

I don't order anythign else when I go there.  I have been tehre several times, my mother in law used to work there and would get me free food.  And everytime I say I'm going to try something different.  But I just love this sandwich so much.  Like, it's an unhealthy attraction to that sandwich. 

Nothing wrong with that OPC. If something is scrumptious each & everytime, why mess with it? Tradition matters & so do satisfied taste buds. Free food at a stadium venue would be so spectacular! 

HEH - aren't you supposed to be face down in a mattress moaning in pain? :) I have enough trouble getting up by 10 on a normal Sunday - and I rarely drink.

Sorry about your friend, wish I was in the area. I haven't enjoyed not going on vacation this much since my nephew spent a semester in Australia.

Enjoy the game! :rawr:

Whoa MAC, 4 months "Down Under" would be very cool. Got any pictures standing next to a kangaroo or a scorpion? Did you explore any corral reefs & see any exotic marine life or jellyfish?  

Whoa MAC, 4 months "Down Under" would be very cool. Got any pictures standing next to a kangaroo or a scorpion? Did you explore any corral reefs & see any exotic marine life or jellyfish?  

:lol:

Reread that a little closer. ;)

I preferred the game winning INT!

Quoted this instead of the other for brevity...

Sorry we didn't meet up. Sounds like you had a trip filled with several near misses and one HUGE hit. I can't recall a game where I left feeling like the Colts demonstrated so much toughness, determination and grit. If you have to travel half way around the world for a game, you chose an exciting one for sure!

Luck Jersey on, fired up and ready to roar. Freedom!!!!!

You need to start your own William Wallace INDY face paint posse like your Jim Irsay avatar picture. All vanquished foes get their heads on Pikes across the River Thames. Just kidding!

I had an English History Professor who always used to crack jokes like that. "Don't upset management or you may lose your head & be placed on a pike." LOL! A brilliant historian who was sarcastic to his core. A lot of people found Dr. Lundeen's humor off putting, but I loved it. A hilarious guy who was his own academic institution.  :thmup: