Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy, here I come!

braveheartcolt

For those interested......

I leave my house in London at 5.30am tomorrow, and I should land in Indianapolis around 3pm local time, 14.5 hours later. Once checked in, I’ll be heading to McNivens, the Scottish bar, kindly suggested by Schwamm. The owner is indeed from Scotland, and hopes to welcome me with a nice malt. My good buddy from New York State should be joining me around 7.30pm. We are looking forward to seeing what Indy offers in the way of nightlife. Any suggestions welcome. My friend had his dilemma of what to wear to the game solved….his NYG Bradshaw jersey. Cool. He also suggests we may be too handsome and funny for the good folk of Indiana, but I'm not so sure - he's a bit tubby, and his wisecracks are v poor!

Hoping to meet up with a few of you before, during and/or after the game. I’ll PM those silly enough to have reached out, with my contact details, before I fly.

Other than the game (block 509, row 1), and hopefully a tailgate, nothing else planned. We fly out of town mid-afternoon Monday, more than enough time to recover from our night of celebration!! I land back in London at 9am Tuesday, and going straight to work. Ouch.

If I can, I’ll keep you posted on events, if I can stay sober enough to work my tablet. If I don't lose it. Or drop it. etc.

Only one thing left to say……..Go COLTS!

BHC

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

Sure is sir. I'm sure it will be a blast!

Downtown Indy is great.  My best sports experiences in my life were in going to games at the Luke and Arrowhead in Kansas City.  Best two stadiums in the NFL.  Lucas oil is beautiful, and has the added benefit of being in downtown vs. Arrowhead which is in the middle of nowhere.

McNivens is on Mass Ave, which has a great night life. You shouldn't have any issues finding something to do at night. If the weather is nice check out the Rathskeller (http://www.rathskeller.com/). Great beer garden and usually good music.

Game day you should stop by the Slippery Noodle. Packed with Colts fans and right next to tons of tailgating.

Hope you have a great trip!

I will follow this thread and see what transpires...

Ron and I will be in Indy sometime  Saturday Evening, and of course at the game on Sunday.

Hoping someone on here suggests a place to meet, and we will come crash it....  ;)   

So excited for you, BH,  You are going to Love Lucas Oil Stadium.

I leave my house in London at 5.30am tomorrow, and I should land in Indianapolis around 3pm local time, 14.5 hours later. Once checked in, I’ll be heading to McNivens, the Scottish bar, kindly suggested by Schwamm. The owner is indeed from Scotland, and hopes to welcome me with a nice malt. My good buddy from New York State should be joining me around 7.30pm. We are looking forward to seeing what Indy offers in the way of nightlife. Any suggestions welcome. My friend had his dilemma of what to wear to the game solved….his NYG Bradshaw jersey. Cool. He also suggests we may be too handsome and funny for the good folk of Indiana, but I'm not so sure - he's a bit tubby, and his wisecracks are v poor!

Hoping to meet up with a few of you before, during and/or after the game. I’ll PM those silly enough to have reached out, with my contact details, before I fly.

Other than the game (block 509, row 1), and hopefully a tailgate, nothing else planned. We fly out of town mid-afternoon Monday, more than enough time to recover from our night of celebration!! I land back in London at 9am Tuesday, and going straight to work. Ouch.

If I can, I’ll keep you posted on events, if I can stay sober enough to work my tablet. If I don't lose it. Or drop it. etc.

BHC

Not only did you pick a fantastic game to see at LOS BHC; I hope that Schwamm's suggestion gives you a small taste of home or your European roots anyway. I love hearing about Colts fans outside the U.S. across the pond etc. etc. Please give a summary of your visit in INDY once you recuperate from the festivities. You land & go straight to work back in London. Talk about cruel & inhumane punishment. Sorry my friend that really blows. 

Just out of curiosity, did you see the Vikings vs the Steelers play in London recently? Is American Football making a dent of influence in Europe at all or is soccer, rugby, & cricket still more popular in England? Forgive my nonstop questions BHC...I am just very fascinated by what international fans think of America. Her culture, her people, & her influence on the global stage. For the record, SW1 doesn't believe that America is the king of everything either. 

I hope that your experience in INDY is unforgettable for all the right reasons BHC. 

BHC

Enjoy the game, have a safe flight

McNivens is on Mass Ave, which has a great night life. You shouldn't have any issues finding something to do at night. If the weather is nice check out the Rathskeller (http://www.rathskeller.com/). Great beer garden and usually good music.

Game day you should stop by the Slippery Noodle. Packed with Colts fans and right next to tons of tailgating.

Hope you have a great trip!

I second the Slippery Noodle recommendation.  Great place!

Enjoy the trip.  Great city.  Great people.  You could throw a rock in any direction and hit a great restaurant.  I'm sure you don't need me to remind you, but definitely try out some of the local brews!  Upland is one of my personal favorites great Wheat Ale and IPA.  Also anything 3Floyds.  While they market mostly in Chicago, it is technically an Indiana brewery (they're less than 1/2 a mile from the IL/IN border). 

Enjoy the trip.  Great city.  Great people.  You could throw a rock in any direction and hit a great restaurant.  I'm sure you don't need me to remind you, but definitely try out some of the local brews!  Upland is one of my personal favorites great Wheat Ale and IPA.  Also anything 3Floyds.  While they market mostly in Chicago, it is technically an Indiana brewery (they're less than 1/2 a mile from the IL/IN border). 

I second that on the Upland & 3 Floyd's

Upland's Dragonfly IPA is one of the best IPA's ever...

BHC

Welcome to Indy. I hope your visit is enjoyable to you. I don't think you will be disappointed in our downtown as everything is within walking range of LOS. Great blues music at the Slippery Noodle right in sight of LOS. Tailgating is a good time starting around 9 am. 

Not only did you pick a fantastic game to see at LOS BHC; I hope that Schwamm's suggestion gives you a small taste of home or your European roots anyway. I love hearing about Colts fans outside the U.S. across the pond etc. etc. Please give a summary of your visit in INDY once you recuperate from the festivities. You land & go straight to work back in London. Talk about cruel & inhumane punishment. Sorry my friend that really blows. 

Just out of curiosity, did you see the Vikings vs the Steelers play in London recently? Is American Football making a dent of influence in Europe at all or is soccer, rugby, & cricket still more popular in England? Forgive my nonstop questions BHC...I am just very fascinated by what international fans think of America. Her culture, her people, & her influence on the global stage. For the record, SW1 doesn't believe that America is the king of everything either. 

I hope that your experience in INDY is unforgettable for all the right reasons BHC. 

SW1, appreciate the kind words. My choice to go to the office, v busy and saving my vacation days. There may be a change of heart when I land! I was at the Vikings / Steelers game, and have been to the last 5 games. It looked a sell-out again. Also going to the Jags / Niners game in a few weeks. This time, posh corporate hospitality, with top seats on the 50 yard line. The game is definitely gaining in popularity. Mumblings over here are increasing that the Commish is serious about a London franchise. I hope not. We all have teams already.....

I'm sure this will be the first of many thank you's, but I really appreciate the nice words and suggestions etc. You guys are exceptional. If the general quality of the posters on here are an indication of the Indianapolis folks (irrespective that many of you come from all over the country), then I'm in for a fantastic weekend.

Bag nearly packed, taxi booked, and excitement mounting....

I second that on the Upland & 3 Floyd's

Upland's Dragonfly IPA is one of the best IPA's ever...

It really is one of the better IPAs.  The only local brew that I cannot seem to get into is Sun King.  Osirus has a weak hoppy flavor to it and the Cream Ale was bland enough I sent it back.  I almost never do that and will tolerate beer I order, even if it's not anything I'd order again.  I felt like i was drinking a beer that I left open in the refrigerator or something.   

I'm in no way insanely jealous :P

Have an excellent trip, surely the Colts gave to win with you in attendance. Bonus points for any rendition of the Braveheart freedom speech pre game.

A-hem.....clears throat......"Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom!"

I'm in no way insanely jealous :P

Have an excellent trip, surely the Colts gave to win with you in attendance. Bonus points for any rendition of the Braveheart freedom speech pre game.

A-hem.....clears throat......"Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom!"

Actually, it's really funny you mention that part of the movie.  For the longest time before a kickoff, they'd alwasys show the scene right after that when they start banging their weapons and shields together and then charge at each other.  I don't know if they still do it, but they did at the game I went to last year.  I just don't think they do ti as often.

Man I am flying out from LA tonight and I thought my itinerary was crazy!  3 Floyds makes some of the best beer in the world and you gots to go to St Elmos for dinner if there!  Have fun and go Colts! (Oh yeah, you gotta yell when we are on defense!)

pretty expensive place to eat. at least sit down at the bar for a drink & shrimp cocktail

I was thinking a beer and shrimp cocktail around noon on Saturday, to kick start our day! Hope it's not jammed.....it's still warm there, right? No need for a sweater or jacket? I like to travel light!

For those interested......

I leave my house in London at 5.30am tomorrow, and I should land in Indianapolis around 3pm local time, 14.5 hours later. Once checked in, I’ll be heading to McNivens, the Scottish bar, kindly suggested by Schwamm. The owner is indeed from Scotland, and hopes to welcome me with a nice malt. My good buddy from New York State should be joining me around 7.30pm. We are looking forward to seeing what Indy offers in the way of nightlife. Any suggestions welcome. My friend had his dilemma of what to wear to the game solved….his NYG Bradshaw jersey. Cool. He also suggests we may be too handsome and funny for the good folk of Indiana, but I'm not so sure - he's a bit tubby, and his wisecracks are v poor!

Other than the game (block 509, row 1), and hopefully a tailgate, nothing else planned. We fly out of town mid-afternoon Monday, more than enough time to recover from our night of celebration!! I land back in London at 9am Tuesday, and going straight to work. Ouch.

Only one thing left to say……..Go COLTS! if your Into the club/dance scene bartinis/ Cadillac and howl at the moon are you best spots . If your into a More sit down and enjoy a good draft you wana check out Chatham tap , coachs , orileys. If you wana stay close to mass ave Bakersfield , bru burger , the ball an biscuit are all good spots with a late night menu .

BHC

I was thinking a beer and shrimp cocktail around noon on Saturday, to kick start our day! Hope it's not jammed.....it's still warm there, right? No need for a sweater or jacket? I like to travel light!

its been between 65 80 in Indy the last week . I would bring a light jacket just in case it gets chili at night time .

Man I am flying out from LA tonight and I thought my itinerary was crazy! 3 Floyds makes some of the best beer in the world and you gots to go to St Elmos for dinner if there! Have fun and go Colts! (Oh yeah, you gotta yell when we are on defense!)

yea but 3 Floyd's is up in Munster IN almost in chi town . If you wana check out a local brewery go to sunking, Fountian square brewery or black acre brewing . Tritons good to bit it's a bit of a drive

I'm sure this will be the first of many thank you's, but I really appreciate the nice words and suggestions etc. You guys are exceptional. If the general quality of the posters on here are an indication of the Indianapolis folks (irrespective that many of you come from all over the country), then I'm in for a fantastic weekend.

Bag nearly packed, taxi booked, and excitement mounting....

Wishing you a Safe Flight, and a Fantastic time in Indy.   

ill be at the game for sure sunday. Cant wait...We Usually stand above section 520 and watch the game. before the game we tailgate some, or go over to touchdown town and hang out around there. We have been looking for a good place to eat besides the Greek island Place and Shappiros(might be spelled wrong). BHC Hope you have a fun trip and maybe Ill see you there some where!