Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Gordon

methodicaleddie

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone stop to think about all of those rookie contracts coming up at the same time?

Allen, Fleener, Ballard, Richardson, TY, to name a few.  Do we really want to add another one that we'll lose then?

Theres actually a thread about it. I'm not worried. I have faith in Grigson to sign them all to modest contracts. I definantely wouldn't be concerned about having too many good players.

I say no. We got a young beast in Da'Rick Rogers that i think the colts are gonna continue to develop. He has huge upside and hopefully being around Reggie Wayne he straightens up and witnesses how a real professional goes about business. We also have DHB and if he continues to progress might lock up a long term contract, because he is a great run blocker at that receiver spot.

Cleveland fielding offers for and open to trading WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little. At least one team has made a quality offer for Gordon.

I know, I know we just made a big deal to get Trent and maybe we need to work on our O-line, but would you guys think he's a good pick up for this offense? I do. He's looking really good right now and I think he could emerge as Reggie's replacement.

I immediately thought about a trade for Gordon when I heard he was on the block.

It'd have to be a 2015 pick though. And not a particularly high one.

Rogers could be good someday, but that day isn't today or even tomorrow. Reggie Wayne, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Josh Gordon, Da'Rick Rogers and T.Y. Hilton in the slot. Put that with Richardson, Bradshaw for this year and Ballard for the future and that is a dominant offense.

Are you Josh Gordon's agent or something??? :)

I personally think it would not be wise to consider Josh Gordon for this offense. We have ample WRs that can catch, with good hands that we are not able to call enough plays for with the primarily 2 WR formations we are running even with Allen on IR. I see no reason to disrupt the chemistry we have built so far starting with TC.

Like I said, there will be plenty of 1st and 2nd round wideouts that come in the regular draft (not SUPPLEMENTAL draft) that will be just as good and possibly with less issues. I trust in Grigson that he will find them. One would think Josh Gordon is the second coming of Jerry Rice or Randy Moss, based on some of the responses. We will be just fine without Josh Gordon, we will be able to find our #1 wideout eventually.

Are you Josh Gordon's agent or something??? :)

I personally think it would not be wise to consider Josh Gordon for this offense. We have ample WRs that can catch, with good hands that we are not able to call enough plays for with the primarily 2 WR formations we are running even with Allen on IR. I see no reason to disrupt the chemistry we have built so far starting with TC.

Like I said, there will be plenty of 1st and 2nd round wideouts that come in the regular draft (not SUPPLEMENTAL draft) that will be just as good and possibly with less issues. I trust in Grigson that he will find them. One would think Josh Gordon is the second coming of Jerry Rice or Randy Moss, based on some of the responses. We will be just fine without Josh Gordon, we will be able to find our #1 wideout eventually.

I'm just a big fan of Gordon and what he could bring to the table. It isn't like we have a super deep stable of WRs. We have Reggie and DHB and Hilton is a slot WR. Outside of that we have a bunch of hopefuls. Gordon could come in today and at least spell Wayne and DHB some.

We don't have a 1st or 4th draft pick. We can't spend anymore draft picks on RBs or WRs. We need linemen on both sides of the ball. Just because some might be playing well doesn't mean we don't need more for depth and to cover injury. Good linemen are hard to find and are very expensive to sign a good one as a free agent. Linemen need to be drafted and then be coached up and learn from the other linemen through experience. 

Anyone stop to think about all of those rookie contracts coming up at the same time?

Allen, Fleener, Ballard, Richardson, TY, to name a few.  Do we really want to add another one that we'll lose then?

There's nothing right now to say Fleener and Ballard would have big contracts and who knows if we will even want to resign those two. Allen might be a bit expensive but I don't think he'll ever be a monster receiving TE , so maybe not a huge contract there either. Richardson would be the following year as we could elect to pay him the average of the top 10 RB's. But ya ...I see your point but I think if the value is there , just go for it and worry about that stuff 3 years from now.

Cleveland fielding offers for and open to trading WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little. At least one team has made a quality offer for Gordon.

I know, I know we just made a big deal to get Trent and maybe we need to work on our O-line, but would you guys think he's a good pick up for this offense? I do. He's looking really good right now and I think he could emerge as Reggie's replacement.

If he could be had for our 2nd , it would be a steal. He no doubt has 1st round talent . I love draft picks and love watching it , but we have some money left for next year and that would get us our lineman or two. So if you could get a guy like Gordon for what might be a late 2nd , you take the value. JMO...

AC finally gets healthy and keeps the best pass-rusher from doing anything all day n now you want to get a tackle that has gotten just as embarrassed as AC did the first 2 games while being healthy? GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!! 

Did I say tackle?  No.  But we do need a more solid line.  We saw the potential they have this week and I really do hope that continues, but I'll bet that it won't.  

If you have the opportunity to make your team better, why wouldn't you?

Did I say tackle?  No.  But we do need a more solid line.  We saw the potential they have this week and I really do hope that continues, but I'll bet that it won't.  

If you have the opportunity to make your team better, why wouldn't you?

I agree...if you can get someone who improves your team then do it.

Tempting, I love his talent, If he did not have that 1 more strike before a full year suspension then I'd be all over it, we do need a wr that can separate against physical Corners on a more consistent basis, Im looking at Matthews in the 2nd round of the draft though

Guest TeamLoloJones

Tempting, I love his talent, If he did not have that 1 more strike before a full year suspension then I'd be all over it, we do need a wr that can separate against physical Corners on a more consistent basis, Im looking at Matthews in the 2nd round of the draft though

I agree...if the cost is a second round pick, I'd go with Mathews over Gordon.

shhhh let it happpen.

Well, from the Browns perspective, they are hoping the Texans will buy into the fact that they will be itching to match a division rival move in Richardson's trade.

I hope the Texans realize having the 1-2 punch of Richardson-Bradshaw is similar to their 1-2 punch of Foster-Tate. Keeping that 1-2 punch will do them more good than bad.

Besides, doing a player-for-player move is more likely to get them a 4th or 5th rounder thrown along with Tate than to get a 3rd rounder by itself.

I brought this up in another thread when we traded for Trent. I would gladly give up a second for him. He is a star.

Well, from the Browns perspective, they are hoping the Texans will buy into the fact that they will be itching to match a division rival move in Richardson's trade.

I hope the Texans realize having the 1-2 punch of Richardson-Bradshaw is similar to their 1-2 punch of Foster-Tate. Keeping that 1-2 punch will do them more good than bad.

Besides, doing a player-for-player move is more likely to get them a 4th or 5th rounder thrown along with Tate than to get a 3rd rounder by itself.

i want the texansto decline by all means so just let it happen man. Don't analyze it too much

With Fosters age I agree. Tate plays harder and has a better YPC than Foster. Foster has a lot of miles on those tires. 

It's crazy to think we're already talking about Foster like this and he really only came onto the scene 3-4 years ago. RB's have a short shelf life. That's why teams usually don't invest high draft picks in that position anymore......

Wait a minute....  :hmm:

I thought the point of Tate was to keep Foster healthy. If Foster goes down when/if Tate is traded, who's gonna win their games? Schaub definitely isn't gonna do it

Yeah, dumb move for the Texans giving up Tate...unless they figure Andre Johnson is almost done...but they do have his replacement in DeAndre Hopkins...but they may think they need another top WR.

Talk to me when they decide to shop Joe Thomas.

There have been some inquiries on Thomas.

From Rotoworld:

--------------------

According to the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are not among the teams that have called the Browns about LT Joe Thomas.

If the Browns are truly having a total firesale, every team in the league should be interested in Thomas. He's 28 years old, a six-time Pro Bowler, three-time first-team All-Pro and has graded out as a ProFootballFocus top-10 tackle in five straight seasons. The price for Thomas should be way steeper than it was for Trent Richardson. The Browns are far more likely to trade Josh Gordon, Brandon Weeden or Greg Little.

----------------------

A potential problem is the Thomas contract of 7-years/$84M/$44M guaranteed.

Other than that, we sign him and shuffle our O-line and contend for the SB.

Wow.. on the good side we would only have to worry about arian foster and not ben tate,, but what a lethal passing attack of Andre Johnson, Deandre Hopkins, and Josh Gordon.

They would be better off keeping Tate.  Foster has been banged up on a running team no less.  If he goes down who do they have to carry the load if Tate is traded?  And with all that talent at WR if Foster is hurt, do you really think Shaub could carry that team?  He is not a bad QB at all but I don't believe he could carry an Offense without a running game.

A 2nd and a 3rd we have, a 1st we do not. I still think it would be worth it and I believe Grigson could get an A draft grade with a 5th, 6th and 7th round pick.

We could use a 2015 pick also. But I'm with you , just trade the whole 2014 draft other than a couple late rounders for a special team player and  a PK.