Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Gordon

methodicaleddie

Cleveland fielding offers for and open to trading WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little. At least one team has made a quality offer for Gordon.

I know, I know we just made a big deal to get Trent and maybe we need to work on our O-line, but would you guys think he's a good pick up for this offense? I do. He's looking really good right now and I think he could emerge as Reggie's replacement.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland fielding offers for and open to trading WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little. At least one team has made a quality offer for Gordon.

I know, I know we just made a big deal to get Trent and maybe we need to work on our O-line, but would you guys think he's a good pick up for this offense? I do. He's looking really good right now and I think he could emerge as Reggie's replacement.

No!!!!

He is one more offense away from a 1-year suspension. We are not WR starved at this point. In fact, we have more WRs than those we can call plays for with our running game and 2 WR looks with 2 TEs most of the time.

A team like the Ravens starving for WR talent right now might pounce on it. I hope he goes to the NFC, to a team like the Panthers or maybe Eagles who lost Maclin and do not have anyone other than DJax.

He'd do fine here. Losing takes a toll on people. He'd get cleaned up here better than Aldon Smith will in the rehab center

lmao lmao lmao lmao

Too much? :peek:

He's a great talent but one strike and he's gone for the season, too big of a risk. Also his stock is up the Browns will want a 2nd back or at worst 3rd and we have other needs like pass rusher, CB, and C.

No no no... we need linemen lol. That was just one game. Don't count on that to happen every week.

One week against one of the best front 7's in the game right now. Stop trying to bring people in every week. You can't build chemistry like that. Hopefully the coaches put that same line out against Jacksonville

He's a great talent but one strike and he's gone for the season, too big of a risk. Also his stock is up the Browns will want a 2nd back or at worst 3rd and we have other needs like pass rusher, CB, and C.

What team would seriously give up a 2nd rounder for him? This I wanna see. I'll be watching these trade talks

Gordon would be worth it. If he does get suspended then the Colts have enough depth. Gordon is an electrifying talent that Grigson was already previously interested in. If we can get him then we should get him. I don't understand the reluctance with trading draft picks. Why would you draft someone who might be a beast rather than trade for someone who has already proven to be a beast. I would offer our 3rd for sure and maybe our 6th and 7th as well.

Just throwing this out there. If Andre Johnson is hurt and will miss time maybe the Browns call the Texans about Gordan because there are reports they really want Ben Tate. Maybe they try to work out a deal that involves Tate and Gordan switching teams.

That's the current rumor but why would the Browns fall for that? The Browns could just sign Tate and trade Gordon for picks.

Browns won't give him up for anything less than a 3rd.

It doesn't matter what they want, it is about what they will get.

Randy Moss, former 1st rounder went to Pats for 4th rounder. Santonio Holmes, former 1st rounder went to Jets for 5th rounder. Ted Ginn Jr., former 1st rounder went to 49ers for 5th rounder.

Market value is not the same as market value for QBs. He won't get anything more than a 4th rounder, especially not with all that baggage.

Randy Moss, former 1st rounder went to Pats for 4th rounder. Santonio Holmes, former 1st rounder went to Jets for 5th rounder. Ted Ginn Jr., former 1st rounder went to 49ers for 5th rounder.

Market value is not the same as market value for QBs. He won't get anything more than a 4th rounder.

Moss was older. I'm not sure what to think about Holmes and Ginn was a monumental bust. Gordon is a special talent that is only 22 years old. I would trade a 3rd for him before anyone could even blink. 

Moss was older. I'm not sure what to think about Holmes and Ginn was a monumental bust. Gordon is a special talent that is only 22 years old. I would trade a 3rd for him before anyone could even blink. 

Yeah, Moss was older enough to break Jerry Rice's TD record :). Holmes had a substance abuse issue too if I remember right. Gordon has had similar issues too.

I wouldn't, at all. You could be out a 3rd rounder and all of a sudden stuck with a WR suspended for a year.

looking good right now?? you do know he has only played one game this year right? 

If they value him as a 3rd rounder they aren't going to trade him for a 4th or a 5th. He has more value to them on the team than any 4th/5th round pick would.

Randy Moss was considered a washed-up, locker room cancer and Ginn was just really bad.

Holmes is the closest comparison, but he didn't have the potential Gordon does and he was on a pre new CBA first round rookie contract. Gordons' contract is peanuts compared to Holmes'.

Yeah, Moss was older enough to break Jerry Rice's TD record :). Holmes had a substance abuse issue too if I remember right. Gordon has had similar issues too.

I wouldn't, at all. You could be out a 3rd rounder and all of a sudden stuck with a WR suspended for a year.

If you could get him for a 5th then by all means please trade for him. We don't have a 4th so if we had to trade our 3rd I wouldnt hate everything Colts related. I think it would still be a win-win situation. Its a good locker-room and if he kept his head on straight then we'd be set for years. Just trade the 3rd and be glad they didn't ask for a 2nd.

No no no... we need linemen lol.  That was just one game.  Don't count on that to happen every week.

AC finally gets healthy and keeps the best pass-rusher from doing anything all day n now you want to get a tackle that has gotten just as embarrassed as AC did the first 2 games while being healthy? GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!! 

Holmes is the closest comparison, but he didn't have the potential Gordon does and he was on a pre new CBA first round rookie contract. Gordons' contract is peanuts compared to Holmes'.

You just forget how good Santonio Holmes really was when he played with a QB that could get the ball to him. SB MVP ring a bell??? Josh Gordon is not all that when it comes to route running. Santonio Holmes went to the worst team possible in the Jets but when he was with the Steelers, returned playoff punts for TDs, and did it all. Its a shame he had issues. Josh Gordon could be another case of potential not realized similarly, that is why the element of uncertainty would mean I would give up a 4th or 5th at best.

There are enough first and/or second round WRs in the draft every year like Gordon with less issues. I would let the Browns have him if they want a 2nd or 3rd.

You just forget how good Santonio Holmes really was when he played with a QB that could get the ball to him. SB MVP ring a bell??? Josh Gordon is not all that when it comes to route running. Santonio Holmes went to the worst team possible in the Jets but when he was with the Steelers, returned playoff punts for TDs, and did it all. Its a shame he had issues. Josh Gordon could be another case of potential not realized similarly, that is why the element of chance would mean I would give up a 4th or 5th at best.

There are enough first and second rounder WRs in the draft every year like Gordon with less issues. I would let the Browns have him if they want a 2nd or 3rd.

The Browns don't want him though. They want to trade a successful high 2nd round pick for a late 3rd rounder. Make the trade