Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bring on the NINERS

NDcolt

After rewatching the game I stepped away from the ledge. Luck missed throws all game very uncharacteristic. BELIEVE Colts fans we can beat the Niners we are a talented team still finding our groove. Luck has never lost back-to-back games & won't start now!!!! BELIEVE!!!

Now that's a fan. I love it.

It's a big fat W! Check it down!

Mr arm kisser is gonna get chased down like a diesel powered combine mowin wheat, like a janitor in front of a Kmart blue light sale, like a guy who trips at the start of the Boston Marathon, like a........heck....he's gonna cave faster than a Colts fan after just one loss!

Sorry ya'll........just had ta. :hat:

In all seriousness, I appreciate the OP's enthusiasm. You, good sir, get major bagging rights if we pull this off.

This is the kind of game i think Luck thrives for and will plays his best. At first i thought after the Seahawks blew the 49ers out that our chances were slim because they were going to be fired up which they will, but i think they'll be to hyped and it will backfire on them. Everyone knows the 49ers are heavily favored and are a more talented team, every analyst out their are picking them to blow us out. Similar to the Packers game no one gave us a chance but we beat them. Luck will face his former college coach in Harbaugh and he'll be more motivated then ever.  After rewatching the two games both teams played we have a chance,we have yet to  play a great game or hit the 30 point mark but i think it happens this week.

Keys to beating the 49ers

1.Offense - We have to spread the defense out, similar to us the 49ers play a 3-4 defense. Jump out on them with an early lead, will see more 4 WR sets forcing their OLB's to play in coverage. Even though they have a great front 7 our Wr's and Te's are better then their secondary. We won't run the ball much this game will have to beat them through the air. T.Y, Wayne, and Fleener will all get 100 yards.

2.Defense - Stack the box with 8 defenders, the 49ers are conservative as well. They like to run the ball on early downs and their money play is the hb trap with Gore. Vontae Davis needs to be put on Boldin the entire game and be physical with him. Boldin is their only legitimate WR threat. Vernon Davis will get his yards but he's not nearly as consistent as Boldin is. Finally we have to blitz Kaepernick, do not let him run will take our chances playing 1 single high safety. Toler playing Kyle Williams isn't a bad matchup for us and Landry should shade to his side often.

Conclusion - Upset of the week

Colts 33 49ers 18 

Luck 36-53 420 yards 3 TD's 1INT

This is the kind of game i think Luck thrives for and will plays his best. At first i thought after the Seahawks blew the 49ers out that our chances were slim because they were going to be fired up which they will, but i think they'll be to hyped and it will backfire on them. Everyone knows the 49ers are heavily favored and are a more talented team, every analyst out their are picking them to blow us out. Similar to the Packers game no one gave us a chance but we beat them. Luck will face his former college coach in Harbaugh and he'll be more motivated then ever.  After rewatching the two games both teams played we have a chance,we have yet to  play a great game or hit the 30 point mark but i think it happens this week.

1.Offense - We have to spread the defense out, similar to us the 49ers play a 3-4 defense. Jump out on them with an early lead, will see more 4 WR sets forcing their OLB's to play in coverage. Even though they have a great front 7 our Wr's and Te's are better then their secondary. We won't run the ball much this game will have to beat them through the air. T.Y, Wayne, and Fleener will all get 100 yards.

2.Defense - Stack the box with 8 defenders, the 49ers are conservative as well. They like to run the ball on early downs and their money play is the hb trap with Gore. Vontae Davis needs to be put on Boldin the entire game and be physical with him. Boldin is their only legitimate WR threat. Vernon Davis will get his yards but he's not nearly as consistent as Boldin is. Finally we have to blitz Kaepernick, do not let him run will take our chances playing 1 single high safety. Toler playing Kyle Williams isn't a bad matchup for us and Landry should shade to his side often.

Colts 33 49ers 18 

I like to see a basic game plan for both sides. Within the overall strategy are the little things we have to do- our O-line at least hast to be quick and versatile enough to give Luck some time for the quick throws we must execute this game, and our receivers have to play even faster, I'm sure Luck's going to be under pressure all day. On Defense, our defensive line needs to clog up as many holes as possible and occupy as many blockers, as well, to let our linebackers roam free and make tackles. Walden needs to come through for his purpose to us of setting the edge, all the more important against a read-option style team. And lastly, the 49ers only have one wide receiver (Bolding), so if Davis successfully traps him on an island, he gets eliminated- and if Vernon Davis is out also, that helps even more, not having to worry about a huge match up nightmare.

These are my opinions, and how I think our team should play, but they're probably all wrong anyway. But in any game, it's the little things you have to succeed at to accomplish the big things that come later.

:Cry: ← Me after the game on Sunday

:Nuke: :Nuke: ← The forum after the game on Sunday

Brace yourselves, you've been warned :ninja:

Meh, I'll just stay away from here if things get out of hand. I love my colts as much as anyone, but I'll be darned if I let it get me down and affect my life. Some of you need to get real and move on

The Colts could lose 63-3, or 64-63 but I'm really scared to come back on this forum.

If the Colts lose, i'm expecting a couple of "Fire Chuck threads" maybe a "Bench Luck thread" by Goodtimes, and a couple of those ridiculous, yet funny "Let's trade for X Player that won't be traded, and give up our 2nd round pick".

I really hope the Colts win, not so that they become 2-1, so that they shut up the pessimistic fans on this forum creating the majority of the garbage.

Super Bowl losers tend to have up and down seasons...

Remember us in 2010?

It already started this year for the 49ers with injuries and Kaepernick is due for a two game slump.....

Besides, we are THE SUCK again. This is when we play our best. The first two weeks of this year people were way too on our butts.

Colts 33 49ers 18 

not with those numbers. luck 40 of 53 420 yards 5 tds 0 ints

aaron Rodgers was 21 of 37  333 yards 3 tds and 1 int. and lost 34 to 28.  Also boldin had 208 of kaps 412 yards and a td. What this shows me is two things. We have to shut down boldin and luck needs a 4td performance with no ints.What it also shows is the niners can be passed on.

aaron Rodgers was 21 of 37  333 yards 3 tds and 1 int. and lost 34 to 28.  Also boldin had 208 of kaps 412 yards and a td. What this shows me is two things. We have to shut down boldin and luck needs a 4td performance with no ints.What it also shows is the niners can be passed on.

Just because Rodgers passed on them doesn't mean Luck can. Also, their O-line, although average at best, is better than the Colts'. 

The 49ers can beat the Colts with just their running game.

I think if the Colts want to win, they'll need a mistake free (not necessarily a 4 TD performance) and have to at least contain their running game and that read option and make the 49ers go pass heavy.

Just because Rodgers passed on them doesn't mean Luck can. Also, their O-line, although average at best, is better than the Colts'. 

The 49ers can beat the Colts with just their running game.

I think if the Colts want to win, they'll need a mistake free (not necessarily a 4 TD performance) and have to at least contain their running game and that read option and make the 49ers go pass heavy.

mistake free and 3 to 4 td performance unless our d turns into the seahawk d.

Well we are in bizarro world where the Giants and Steelers are 0-2, and the Pats are barely 2-0...so it's not out of the realm. It will be a difficult test, no doubt. But this team has shown it can win games no one thought they had business winning...I say it's closer than expected. A win would be great, but that's just gravy. I just want a good competitive ballgame. Hopefully the 49ers are more "hungover" from the loss than "mad"...besides, they racked up 121 yards in penalties against the SeaHawks, and they've been known to be a little undisciplined at times. Maybe that will spill over. The Colts need to tighten things up big time to have a shot, however. Allen and DHB getting back on the field would help. A lot.

This is an obvious loss, as my prior prediction states, however, there is a chance we don't get embarrassed and at least make it respectable , say by losing only by 18 to 21.  I wouldn't call that a complete washout.  They were embarrassed at Seattle and will want to take it out on us no doubt about it.  Luck will be harassed by hornets all day.Well just have to suck it up and endure the pain.

The Colts could lose 63-3, or 64-63 but I'm really scared to come back on this forum.

If the Colts lose, i'm expecting a couple of "Fire Chuck threads" maybe a "Bench Luck thread" by Goodtimes, and a couple of those ridiculous, yet funny "Let's trade for X Player that won't be traded, and give up our 2nd round pick".

I really hope the Colts win, not so that they become 2-1, so that they shut up the pessimistic fans on this forum creating the majority of the garbage.

I don't think Luck should be benched. I just think that he is a young QB sorting out issues and dealing with some weaknesses and the expectations for him in Indy are out of this world.

Edited by Superman

Let's be realistic.  We won't be able to run the ball.  Luck will hardly have time to throw.  Our defense will have trouble with Kaep's running.  Yeah, their secondary is bad but their front 7 is arguably the best in the NFL, our o-line is arguably the worst in the NFL.

I don't see Luck and the colts winning this battle.  Definitely starting Philip Rivers over Luck this week in fantasy football :P

After rewatching the game I stepped away from the ledge. Luck missed throws all game very uncharacteristic. BELIEVE Colts fans we can beat the Niners we are a talented team still finding our groove. Luck has never lost back-to-back games & won't start now!!!! BELIEVE!!!

That defensive line and those two linebackers are hard core boys

....and the SF offensive line can crush you.

..and now, its a must-win for the 49ers