Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

schedule is brutal

tyvon19

The schedule is ultimately tough and that's why we have Luck and our awesome receivers. Then I guess Landry, Bethea, and Toler too... lol. We just have to perform better as a team and be more consistent. Playing better throughout the WHOLE game rather than 1 quarter.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Luck.

Hey, are you going to punish yourself for saying something negative about Luck? I'm only kidding. He will come back but he needs to work on some important things like getting rid of the ball more quickly to help his offensive line.

Edited by Superman

I'm not sure how you can play the nfc west plus Denver, Houston twice and Cincinnati and say its an easy schedule

I'm not saying it. It's fact.

2013 Strength of schedule Team
SOS
Opponent record Carolina Panthers
138-116-2 Detroit Lions
138-118-0 New Orleans Saints
137-117-2 St. Louis Rams
137-117-2 Baltimore Ravens
137-119-0 Green Bay Packers
136-119-1 Arizona Cardinals
131-121-4 Miami Dolphins
133-123-0 San Francisco 49ers
132-122-2 Minnesota Vikings
132-124-0 Seattle Seahawks
130-122-4 Cincinnati Bengals
130-126-0 Jacksonville Jaguars
129-125-2 New England Patriots
130-126-0 Atlanta Falcons
128-126-0 Chicago Bears
128-127-1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
127-127-2 Washington Redskins
127-128-1 New York Jets
127-129-0 Philadelphia Eagles
127-129-0 Cleveland Browns
126-130-0 Pittsburgh Steelers
126-130-0 Tennessee Titans
124-130-2 New York Giants
123-133-0 Dallas Cowboys
121-134-1 Buffalo Bills
121-135-0 Houston Texans
120-134-2 Kansas City Chiefs
121-135-0 Oakland Raiders
120-136-0 Indianapolis Colts
117-137-2 San Diego Chargers
117-139-0 Denver Broncos
110-146-0

I'm not saying it. It's fact.

2013 Strength of schedule Team

SOS

Opponent record Carolina Panthers

138-116-2 Detroit Lions

138-118-0 New Orleans Saints

137-117-2 St. Louis Rams

137-117-2 Baltimore Ravens

137-119-0 Green Bay Packers

136-119-1 Arizona Cardinals

131-121-4 Miami Dolphins

133-123-0 San Francisco 49ers

132-122-2 Minnesota Vikings

132-124-0 Seattle Seahawks

130-122-4 Cincinnati Bengals

130-126-0 Jacksonville Jaguars

129-125-2 New England Patriots

130-126-0 Atlanta Falcons

128-126-0 Chicago Bears

128-127-1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

127-127-2 Washington Redskins

127-128-1 New York Jets

127-129-0 Philadelphia Eagles

127-129-0 Cleveland Browns

126-130-0 Pittsburgh Steelers

126-130-0 Tennessee Titans

124-130-2 New York Giants

123-133-0 Dallas Cowboys

121-134-1 Buffalo Bills

121-135-0 Houston Texans

120-134-2 Kansas City Chiefs

121-135-0 Oakland Raiders

120-136-0 Indianapolis Colts

117-137-2 San Diego Chargers

117-139-0 Denver Broncos

110-146-0

let's see what those win loss records are at the end of the year.

how many would you predict.  I simply went down the schedule based on two games I've seen thus far up on one of the previous posts.  I figure 7 wins is pretty kind.  so give me the glass half full prediction!

I predicted 8-8 before the season and said that 7-9 or 9-7 wouldn't surprise me. I'll stick with that but we aren't hearing much from those who predicted 14-2 and 13-3....

Edited by Superman

let's see what those win loss records are at the end of the year.

Actually that has always been my argument. SOS is only good looking back. I laugh when I hear people talk about and easy division or schedule. They are all tough. There's not a big spread between hardest and easiest and that percentage is consistent from year to year. 

This is a bad year to play the NFC and AFC west. I would be really worried about the Denver game. Manning had a bone to pick with the Ravens and we saw how that turned out. How bad do you think he wants to beat the Colts, and prove Irsay made a mistake. Very challenging schedule for the Colts.

Yes, tough West teams this year. Also Manning may perceive it as a mistake.  But not to Irsay, and to many fans.  Peyton has the ability to come from behind 8 or more times too. Granted. But Luck took a pounding doing so.  Peyton can't take that anymore, and actually never really has.  We don't have the team yet for him to get his SuperBowl..  I was hoping we could be good enough for Luck next year, though. It was better for Peyton and also the Colts to move on.  I love me some Peyton. But I'm not on the It Was A Mistake bandwagon.

It has been said that "Adversity measures the greatness of a man." Andrew needs these tough games and a tough schedule to develop himself into a championship caliber QB. If he has it too easy he will not develop the mental toughness necessary to be a winner.

I'll be happy if we are 4-4 before the bye week. :)

We should be able to go 6-2 at least after that to get to 10 wins, IMO.

I just want to be above .500 and separate the wheat from the chaff. Then draft accordingly so the kids can be mentored in for a long career with Luck and a winning tradition once more.  :D

Yes, tough West teams this year. Also Manning may perceive it as a mistake. But not to Irsay, and to many fans. Peyton has the ability to come from behind 8 or more times too. Granted. But Luck took a pounding doing so. Peyton can't take that anymore, and actually never really has. We don't have the team yet for him to get his SuperBowl.. I was hoping we could be good enough for Luck next year, though. It was better for Peyton and also the Colts to move on. I love me some Peyton. But I'm not on the It Was A Mistake bandwagon.

I am on record as saying I think the Colts made the right move long term. And yes, I was referring to Peyton believing it was a mistake. Don't forget, Jimbo was tweeting some unkind things about Peyton , and I don't believe he's forgotten it.

Yes it does Stephen, the Chiefs while better and the Titans again while better are not the 49ers, Broncos, and Seahawks which is what we have coming up.  Those are maybe the three best teams in the league.  We also get another game with the Jags at home and we get the Texans home game vs. the Texans road which is in the first half of the season.  We also get a home game with the Rams and a road trip to the Cardinals.  The Bengals game is hard but again it's not on par with 49ers, Broncos, and Seahawks. 

its not as hard but is still hard..i mean the cards rams and bengals are no easy task. I dont think we have as easy schedule as we tought on preseason.

its not as hard but is still hard..i mean the cards rams and bengals are no easy task. I dont think we have as easy schedule as we tought on preseason.

I never thought it was easy to start with but after the 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos, and Texans in about six weeks sign me up for the Rams, Cards, Titans twice, Jags at home, KC, Bengals, and Texans at home all day long. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think we can split between the 49ers and Seahawks. I don't think we can win both nor lose to both. I think we got a shot against the chargers, they don't impress me but the Broncos we will lose. They are on fire now and have ridiculous momentum. I think we can take the Texans as well. They don't impress me either. This is all my opinion of course. GO COLTS! 

I'M GLAD I WAS WRONG, LOL!!!

This is a bad year to play the NFC and AFC west. I would be really worried about the Denver game. Manning had a bone to pick with the Ravens and we saw how that turned out. How bad do you think he wants to beat the Colts, and prove Irsay made a mistake. Very challenging schedule for the Colts.

Why do people still think that Manning left the Colts on bad terms?  It turned out best for both parties and i completely believe that they both understood this.  Manning was not going to win another championship with the Colts given the cap space issues.  I mean we cleaned house and really only kept 3 huge players, even AFTER clearing up Mannings contract.  With how smart Manning is i am pretty sure he could clearly understand this.  That he cared enough about the Colts to not hurt them like that and vice versa, that the organization cared enough about Manning to not finish his career like that.  Heck I'll even go so far as to saw that they knew this was going to happen a year before so they paid Manning to sit on the bench the entire year than rather put him IR, just so he could be sure to get paid.  I highly doubt there is any bitterness with Manning.  Especially after the ridiculous reception he is going to get.  Its going to get very emotional in that stadium, real quick.

Why do people still think that Manning left the Colts on bad terms?  It turned out best for both parties and i completely believe that they both understood this.  Manning was not going to win another championship with the Colts given the cap space issues.  I mean we cleaned house and really only kept 3 huge players, even AFTER clearing up Mannings contract.  With how smart Manning is i am pretty sure he could clearly understand this.  That he cared enough about the Colts to not hurt them like that and vice versa, that the organization cared enough about Manning to not finish his career like that.  Heck I'll even go so far as to saw that they knew this was going to happen a year before so they paid Manning to sit on the bench the entire year than rather put him IR, just so he could be sure to get paid.  I highly doubt there is any bitterness with Manning.  Especially after the ridiculous reception he is going to get.  Its going to get very emotional in that stadium, real quick.

I don't think there is anything factual that I know of, of any communication between  Irsay and Manning since the press conference. As I've said, Irsay made the right long term move, however if Manning wins a Super Bowl or two in Denver, he could be opened to criticism, but that deal was a very hard choice. If the Colts win a Super Bowl or two in the next four years, Irsay and Grigson will look like genius's, especially if Manning keeps losing in the playoffs after unbelievable regular seasons. 

I think that is the crux of all this. Maybe there is no overt anger, but both Irsay and Manning want to prove something. In Irsay's case, he wants to put a stamp on this current team as his own creation, and not Polian's and Manning's team. This is what drove Jerry Jones crazy, not getting the credit for the Cowboy's successes, as most of the credit went to Jimmie Johnson. Winning without Manning and Polian, would show the NFL that Irsay is a genius. His tweeting like a loon, shows how much he wants this.

For Manning, it would be vindication against Irsay . He could truthfully say that he made the Indianapolis Colts a successful organization , after the Colt's had been the laughingstock of the league under Irsay ownership and management from 1972-1997. It was Peyton's arrival that turned the Colt's into a winning organization. As Peyton is a huge competitor, would you believe he wouldn't be hurt by what happened, and eager to show Irsay and Grigson they made a mistake ? It's just human nature. He is too public relations oriented to ever say that, but you could see how he might believe it. 

Should be a very interesting game coming up. 

I could see them losing five of those six games. I don't think there is any chance they split the 49ers and Seahawks. I have thought since I first saw this schedule that they would lose those games and Denver. They should beat the Jags but that team seems to always play tough against the Colts. I also think San Diego will beat the Colts there. Houston is up and down so that could go either way.

good call.... keep your predictions coming, they are amuzing

The Colts are doing great. 

With every 'W' that was supposed to be a 'L' it gets better and better.

4-1 now...and we must not have a letdown against the Chargers.

The Broncos game looks pretty unlikely to win...they just score so much.

Then we get the BYE week to take a break and get healthy.

I don't think there is anything factual that I know of, of any communication between  Irsay and Manning since the press conference. As I've said, Irsay made the right long term move, however if Manning wins a Super Bowl or two in Denver, he could be opened to criticism, but that deal was a very hard choice. If the Colts win a Super Bowl or two in the next four years, Irsay and Grigson will look like genius's, especially if Manning keeps losing in the playoffs after unbelievable regular seasons. 

I think that is the crux of all this. Maybe there is no overt anger, but both Irsay and Manning want to prove something. In Irsay's case, he wants to put a stamp on this current team as his own creation, and not Polian's and Manning's team. This is what drove Jerry Jones crazy, not getting the credit for the Cowboy's successes, as most of the credit went to Jimmie Johnson. Winning without Manning and Polian, would show the NFL that Irsay is a genius. His tweeting like a loon, shows how much he wants this.

For Manning, it would be vindication against Irsay . He could truthfully say that he made the Indianapolis Colts a successful organization , after the Colt's had been the laughingstock of the league under Irsay ownership and management from 1972-1997. It was Peyton's arrival that turned the Colt's into a winning organization. As Peyton is a huge competitor, would you believe he wouldn't be hurt by what happened, and eager to show Irsay and Grigson they made a mistake ? It's just human nature. He is too public relations oriented to ever say that, but you could see how he might believe it. 

Saying that he would feel vindicated would assume that there was an argument or disagreement between the two to begin with.  I saw no indication that there was ever such dispute between the organization and manning.  Nobody is saying that he wasnt the reason for the success, theres no reason to say anything.  Any good QB makes an organization better.  Brees uplifted the saints, Elway the broncos, Montana the 49ers, and many others.  Just because manning left the colts doesnt mean that he lost, so his competitive side has nothing to do with being hurt by what happened, and thats assuming he was hurt.  Being upset about leaving something youve known for 13 years is different than being hurt.  Saying he was hurt is assuming that somebody offended him.  Youre assuming again that manning was arguing to stay by saying that he is eager to show them they made a mistake.  From all the talks it seemed they were on an equal understanding of the situation.  If you want to talk about his competitiveness, then it makes more sense to believe that he was eager to leave.  Just by showing raw numbers they would not have been able to keep anything around for manning to succeed.  His competitiveness would then compel him to leave and find a place that could offer him a chance to win another Superbowl, more than wanting to stay and retire with the same team.  Looks like his competitiveness drove him away.  Again i reiterate that it makes more sense to believe that they were both on a reasonable agreement that one could not survie and succeed with the other and respectfully parted ways so that each party could succeed.  It makes more sense that manning cared enough to leave, so that he wouldnt hurt the colts and that the colts released manning so that they could see him win because of the respect they had for him.  Plus releasing him and respectfully letting him go, plus retiring his number basically shows the respect and says without saying aloud that manning did make that team a success. 

Irsay is Irsay and he owns the team, he doesnt seem like the Jerry Jones type that has to stamp his name on anything, he owns them.  His stamp is already there.  Im sorry to disagree but it seems that the argument you make, and not you specifically because others are in that same party, assume too many assumptions.

Two completely different teams in that Denver was being built to win now and so was San Fran as opposed to the Colts. Irsay knew, at that time, this was going to be a multi-year restructuring before we got to solid grounds in terms of getting a more complete roster. I whole heartedly believe Irsay wasn't going to allow Peyton to sit through this when his playing time left was very limited. Irsay wants to see him succeed and you can bet your bank account that if the Colts aren't playing for the SuperBowl he's rooting for the Broncos.

I think your true Colts fans are perfectly ok with what happened as we looked at it from a business perspective, however your "Peyton Manning" fans are a whole different breed. You would have thought Irsay exiled a family member with the way they talk and reacted. Had the Colts had a more complete team, I have no doubts that Peyton would still be here, but the team as a whole just wasn't there to help Peyton. Irsay gave him the ability to go and solidify his legacy and the guy, right now, is on a mission. I wish the guy all the luck in the world, however all bets are off when he's lined up against the Colts.

I agree with your comment about Manning but only a butthurt ex Colt fan would even bring up the Irsay's from 1972-1997. Jim is no Robert and has proven that over and over. You have brought a lot of good comments and observations to this forum but sometimes you feel the need to put a dig into something that has zero to do with todays Colts. You having a non stop desire to always bring up what Robert Irsay did or didn't do. Well Robert is dead and 90% of the Colts fans have moved on into this century. You have your Ravens and they have been very successful but that don't seem to be enough for you. Maybe an analyst or some professional help would help you get over your obsession with a dead man. 

I predicted 8-8 before the season and said that 7-9 or 9-7 wouldn't surprise me. I'll stick with that but we aren't hearing much from those who predicted 14-2 and 13-3....

This is why I don't do too much predicting. If you read through this thread, people were ready to write off the season after the dolphins loss. Get a grip people, it's a long season.

And I love it when people say "I'm glad I was wrong". It just makes people look like fools. And you know who you are, just read this thread from the beginning. Pfffft.

This is why I don't do too much predicting. If you read through this thread, people were ready to write off the season after the dolphins loss. Get a grip people, it's a long season.

And I love it when people say "I'm glad I was wrong". It just makes people look like fools. And you know who you are, just read this thread from the beginning. Pfffft.

Preach it brotha! Was outta likes ;)